More from obd

12 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I will have some news too on front office shake-up. One long term employee was been given a choice.  Reduced role or out the door. More to come

No more bad contracts

I thought overdorf already had a reduced role. It was insinuated via someone on twitter - “vicious sid” who has a source at OBD  - last spring after they brought in the new FO. He was to have gone the way of the Berchtold (special projects).

I figured both of them had been in the basement looking for their staplers since they cleaned house.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought overdorf already had a reduced role. It was insinuated via someone on twitter - “vicious sid” who has a source at OBD  - last spring after they brought in the new FO. He was to have gone the way of the Berchtold (special projects).

I figured both of them had been in the basement looking for their staplers since they cleaned house.

I think he was reduced to a glorified capologist role? 

7 minutes ago, GG said:

I think he was reduced to a glorified capologist role? 

With the guys that were brought in under Beane from Houston and Miami, plus beane’s cap experience, there was no need for Overdorf. It was just a matter of time but he was/is no longer needed. Whaley (pro scouting background)  and Nix (College Scouting background) didn’t have the cap experience so he was necessary then. He is redundant but I’m sure they greased the way out the door for  him to be nice.

whatever the timing, it’s anything but a FO “shakeup” — it’s expected. JO is the only one left from the old Bills other than Russ who more of a PSE employee than a Bills employee. If he hasn’t been publically replaced yet, he’s been replaced privately. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Until I get more specifics from my source, I won’t post anymore about cousins. All,I can say it will be Costly. People here will roast me if I am not specific. We have the deal but we want one more source to confirm it.  Will get another batch of emails soon

Let me make a quick call and see if he had a chance to confirm 

It is a given that Cousins is going to be costly.  If a trade is involved, we can kiss some of those high draft picks goodbye.  Either way Buffalo will end up paying out in the range of 30 million a year for one player.  

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It is a given that Cousins is going to be costly.  If a trade is involved, we can kiss some of those high draft picks goodbye.  Either way Buffalo will end up paying out in the range of 30 million a year for one player.  

If it's something like Tyrod & Cordy then maybe the rest is just a pick swap. Something like

Washington gets Tyrod, Glenn, and our later 1st

Buffalo gets Cousins and their 3rd

wouldn't be awful.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If it's something like Tyrod & Cordy then maybe the rest is just a pick swap. Something like

Washington gets Tyrod, Glenn, and our later 1st

Buffalo gets Cousins and their 3rd

wouldn't be awful.

So we give up a #1 and a very good, still young LT, and a solid starter QB if not the best backup QB in the league, just for the rights to pay Kirk friggin' Cousins $25m a year for a bunch of years?

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 2