More from obd

6 minutes ago, bbills2018 said:

still makes no sense why on earth would cousins agree to trade when he can hit the open market and get a potential bidding war. no team would agree to trade for him if he didn't agree to new deal first.   this is such garbage. 

I think 95 percent of the folks are just using it as entertainment and a good portion of them are trolling Donnie.

Last week this guy tried to nail down Joe Webb's package as a key part of the Miami game plan. Webb had been in the mix the past few weeks so it seemed obvious he would be there again. He wasn't. 

Now he is posting numeric draft grades 98.3? in December and continually referring to memos that his source has access too. One would think the draft information would be on a data base where the scouts and GM have a lock step system in place. I'd bet lots of money that very few employees have insight on game plans and draft information. As if that info is common knowledge for an average employee at OBD. 

The draft grades are probably not even to the point of assigning numeric values until the bowl games and combine are completed. Once completed I'd venture to guess that it's the most secure piece of information at OBD. I also don't think an average staffer gets ahold of game plan information. 

Total crock.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't understand why some posters are so hard on Dunkirk Don.  As far as I'm concerned when something is claimed as inside information and can't be corroborated, it doesn't change much of anything.  It's out there and it's interesting.  I generally reserve believing for religion.  I believe In God and I have a certain set of religious beliefs, but the most I can muster for inside information is interest.  That's no reason ridicule the source.  It could be true, or it might not be.  Since it hasn't been corroborated or disproved, what is the point of fighting over it?   Eventually it will happen, or not.  If it happens, you can feel good that you heard about it before the fact.  If it doesn't, it is like so much mist in the wind.  It will disappear into nothingness.  I'm grateful to Don for sharing it because it gives me something interesting to think about.  If it doesn't do that for you, ignore it and go on to something else.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I think 95 percent of the folks are just using it as entertainment and a good portion of them are trolling Donnie.

Last week this guy tried to nail down Joe Webb's package as a key part of the Miami game plan. Webb had been in the mix the past few weeks so it seemed obvious he would be there again. He wasn't. 

Now he is posting numeric draft grades 98.3? in December and continually referring to memos that his source has access too. One would think the draft information would be on a data base where the scouts and GM have a lock step system in place. I'd bet lots of money that very few employees have insight on game plans and draft information. As if that info is common knowledge for an average employee at OBD. 

The draft grades are probably not even to the point of assigning numeric values until the bowl games and combine are completed. Once completed I'd venture to guess that it's the most secure piece of information at OBD. I also don't think an average staffer gets ahold of game plan information. 

Total crock.

I would guess that the Pro Day's, Combine measurables, Interviews and medical evaluations all play into what the draft grade on a player is. All team's draft boards are fluid to some degree until the draft is about to start. Imagine if it was really like what Don is spewing out. Every team would know what other teams were going to do beforehand. They could ruin your day in a hurry because every team has disgruntled employees. Every team fires people.

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't understand why some posters are so hard on Dunkirk Don.  As far as I'm concerned when something is claimed as inside information and can't be corroborated, it doesn't change much of anything.  It's out there and it's interesting.  I generally reserve believing for religion.  I believe In God and I have a certain set of religious beliefs, but the most I can muster for inside information is interest.  That's no reason ridicule the source.  It could be true, or it might not be.  Since it hasn't been corroborated or disproved, what is the point of fighting over it?   Eventually it will happen, or not.  If it happens, you can feel good that you heard about it before the fact.  If it doesn't, it is like so much mist in the wind.  It will disappear into nothingness.  I'm grateful to Don for sharing it because it gives me something interesting to think about.  If it doesn't do that for you, ignore it and go on to something else.

I like that Tiger.  I am entertained with the posts and they do make me think.  I don't like when people ridicule in my "real" life, so I won't do it here.  Sorry if I  did.  I'ming to keep my opinions to myself on this.  Thanks for the post.

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/6/5473554/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-process-big-board

this is what I was talking about with the draft grades and process teams use to come to that numeric determination. I used a little "commonsense" and a simple google search to confirm my suspicion. 

Another example of why so many people, myself included call BS with what Don's posting.

Tomorrow the top five qb rankings will be posted with numeric values.  The values are derived from overall rating from scouting team. These will change as the process continues and more information is gathered on each prospect.  This is just a starting point to determine value.  Every team does it different.  The scouting department needs to differentiate between prospects to begin to separate them.  

I still do not understand why people that think my posts are  bs are so bothered by them. I wouldn’t read them.  I know deep done inside, they know they are coming from obd

i will continue to post what my source tells me and people can decide for themselves.  I just wish that people that think it is bs would move on and go predict the score of the game or whether Tyrod is a fanchise qb, or the best draft pick ever, or discuss st Doug.  There is much more interesting posting then mine.  Why participate in the discussion if it is all bs.  

16 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Another example of why so many people, myself included call BS with what Don's posting.

Please stop reading then. You are wasting your time

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Pegula got some but the land deal was to good for him.  No taxes for the first 5 years, easy access for people from Rochester and Canada. 

What city or town official has the legal authority to singlehandedly approve a deal like that unilaterally and without public disclosure?

Cousins will not agree to a trade unless he LOVES the team AND they give him EVERYTHING he wants. Why would he agree to a trade with the Bills? Why wouldn't he just sign with them and let them use those assets to get him better players to play with on offense and defense. Him agreeing to a trade doesn't really make much sense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Cousins will not agree to a trade unless he LOVES the team AND they give him EVERYTHING he wants. Why would he agree to a trade with the Bills? Why wouldn't he just sign with them and let them use those assets to get him better players to play with on offense and defense. Him agreeing to a trade doesn't really make much sense.

He would only be hurting his new team and himself. I think he’d like that pick(s) back for a stud WR?  I bet he’s smart enough to see that. He’s made a mountain of cash the last few years, he’s no dummy. 

Edited by Augie

5 hours ago, section122 said:

How about vindication from all of the pot shots in this thread?  The repeated being called a fraud?

As I said earlier if you think he is full of it no sweat.  All of this will play out and we will know whether his info was good or not.  No reason to rush to judgement on this.  Enjoy the info, if it is wrong what harm was done?  I enjoy getting inside info.  Posts from Leroi and Nevergiveup are an awesome part of this board.  Why are people in such a rush to push anyone with a source away?  Which thread is better, this one or the one that says we are blowing this year by not tanking even though we currently sit in the 6th seed?  There are many threads here.  Those of you that don't think the info is legitimate post in those.  Those of us that want to see if this is legit would prefer he not be chased away.

LEROI HAS BEEN BANNED!!!

Please contact SDS and ask him to allow him back.

He and I are good friends. He has no idea why he was suspended. Out of the blue. No warning, nothing. Odd. 

Edited by Schmuggs
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Tomorrow the top five qb rankings will be posted with numeric values.  The values are derived from overall rating from scouting team. These will change as the process continues and more information is gathered on each prospect.  This is just a starting point to determine value.  Every team does it different.  The scouting department needs to differentiate between prospects to begin to separate them.  

This sounds like standard operating procedure which every team must be using. Grade the prospects and adjust as other college games are played, pro day grades come out etc. How is this a scoop of any kind ?