The McDermott Thread

DollaBills

19 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Are you a Bills fan? Did you get to watch the Bills during Levys coaching era? Or are you a young one that never seen any of his games and just looks back and says he stunk because he lost all those SBs? What Levy accomplished here is epic if you do not want to acknowledge that you really need to find a new team. Again I SMH

Fair point, but as a fan from that era I would contend that Bill Polian and Ted Marchibroda were just as or more responsible for the success during that period from 89-93.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mrags said:

Maybe with better coaching, game management, player management and decisions, we would be in much better shape than maybe getting the 6th seed in the playoffs. 

All of these things are subjective. Anyone can spew out the same garbage as to why our coach sucks. Didn't we say the same about Mularkey? Tennessee is 8-5 with an awful qb and no wr's. Same with Marrone. His jags are 9-4 with Bortles at qb, a rookie rb, star wrs hurt and a fat tub of goo we traded to them. Your post started to read as " blah, blah, blah". We have no qb's, 1rb, finally a wr, an iffy te, a shaky oline, no dt's, crappy lb's, new CB's (1 a rookie), new safeties, and a new kicker. Having said all of that, we are in the playoff hunt this late in the season with a rookie coach. So far, everything you brought up as issues are no problem to me. Coaching, game management, player management, etc. He's doing just fine and will be better next season. Unless he is run off by some wacko who thinks he sucks. Ain't happening.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

All of these things are subjective. Anyone can spew out the same garbage as to why our coach sucks. Didn't we say the same about Mularkey? Tennessee is 8-5 with an awful qb and no wr's. Same with Marrone. His jags are 9-4 with Bortles at qb, a rookie rb, star wrs hurt and a fat tub of goo we traded to them. Your post started to read as " blah, blah, blah". We have no qb's, 1rb, finally a wr, an iffy te, a shaky oline, no dt's, crappy lb's, new CB's (1 a rookie), new safeties, and a new kicker. Having said all of that, we are in the playoff hunt this late in the season with a rookie coach. So far, everything you brought up as issues are no problem to me. Coaching, game management, player management, etc. He's doing just fine and will be better next season. Unless he is run off by some wacko who thinks he sucks. Ain't happening

I never said the coach sucked. I said he’s made some terrible decisions. And just as much as you defend those decisions, others find it baffling at some of the things he’s done this year. Are we in a playoff spot or in good shape for one right now? Last I checked we need to win 2 of the last 3. Against a team that just made the Pats look like Buff State on Monday night. We also need a bunch of help. Like hoping the Browns  can win a game which they haven’t all year. For the Chargers to win the division. For Oakland and KC to keep falling apart. For Tennessee to lose some. For Baltimore to lose 2 or more of their last 3. 

Of yiu you like the new coach that’s fine. But let’s not throw sprinkles on a turd and say it looks pretty because it isn’t. It isn’t any different for much of the last 17 years where we are “in the hunt” for a playoff spot with 3 games left but needing a ton of help. 

I gave my opinion. That this coach has made some questionable at best calls on and off the field. I hope he is the one to lead us out of this crap. At this point I see some good things that I like and some things I don’t. We will both see how they play out. 

It’s ironic that you say anyone can spew out the same garbage over and over again. And how it’s all subjective. From my side it looks that way too. Enjoy your one sided opinion. 

Edited by mrags

ANY idea why seasoned, veteran NFL HC"s STILL gainfully employed STILL make the same damn mistakes that Bflo's rook HC is making 13 games into his HC career?......and the TBD "One 'N Done Gang" is in full bloom calling for his firing.....priceless............how we let a guy like Wrecks Ryan go who had mastered the HC position eloquently, demonstrating his command of every decision as well as being the epitome of clock management, etc is depressing....and now we have a mumblin', stumlin', grumblin', rumblin', clap happy rook at the helm...

On 12/12/2017 at 8:18 AM, BillsVet said:

So was 2006, 2010, and 2013.

When McDermott wins 5 SB's and is locked into a playoff spot this year he can be mentioned alongside Belicheck. Until then, games where he can't lose or tie shouldn't feature punts on 4th and 1 with 4 minutes left in OT.

I have to ask......Did you know we won that game? 

15 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I have to ask......Did you know we won that game? 

LOL.

Reminds me of the time Jerry Burns gave a meltdown performance after a game with random f bombs and calling out players.  Reporter asked him if he won the game, to which Burnsie responded, "I think we did, yeah."

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 1

When i hear our HC saying that he was playing for the tie, i cringe.

When we replace one Mr. Glass WR for another Mr. Glass, i question if this regime can evaluate talent.

When we get rid of Dareus for a bag of peanuts (not even the slow roasted good ones either) and then have the audacity to wonder why were getting beat up the middle to i just shake my head.

When McD tries to rally the troops and the media by spouting off, "Were in the hunt!!!!!!!!", i just shrug my shoulders.

I have nothing more to say about this regime at this point, but i am hoping that they get it all together and lead us to the promised land. Honestly, i cant keep handling one coach coming in and blowing up the whole system and roster and leaving garbage for the new regime, over and over and over and over.........

Time will tell.

On 12/12/2017 at 1:49 AM, DollaBills said:

It seems to me there is a lot of talk about McDermott on the forum so I thought maybe we could have a conclusive, and singular thread about our rookie head coach.

No. 

I HATE these all in one topics. In fact, if you have been around for more than a cup of coffee you will see us flag every topic that attempts to use a name only for the title. 

McDermott is not a topic. That is a person. If there is something specific about the coach you would like to discuss then create a topic for that discussion. 

• SDS locked this topic