MCD on wgr

The juice

10 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The context is what is important in the interview.  While I disagree with punting on 4th and 1, continuously ragging on it will do nothing productive.  They won, yes I hated the call, but he is not wrong.  He simply stated that he wanted a win, but would have rather tied than lost.  Wouldn't you?

This is quite the statement.  

This is why I hate media sometimes and the stupid people that only follow quotes instead of context.  Let's get ready for the fish to lose tonight and next week!

Yep, I’m idiot because I found McD’s logic to be crazy. I never follow the media these days. I simply found his quote indicative of who he is as an NFL coach. Too many NFL coaches lack a fundamental understanding of probability. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

58 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I'm not a kid, so you piss off.

Winning now, and bettering the franchise for the future, tie should not be entering his mind.

Again, idiot...

?

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yep, I’m idiot because I found McD’s logic to be crazy. I never follow the media these days. I simply found his quote indicative of who he is as an NFL coach. Too many NFL coaches lack a fundamental understanding of probability. 

I didn't call you an idiot.  But, if the shoe fits...

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

6 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

You aren't the only one. The call to punt was a donk move if I've ever seen one. Luckily he hit on the flop, the turn, and river.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

If Pats win this week and next and Jax loses next week, they lock it up

I don't think so though.

They would be 1 game up over Pittsburgh with 2 games to play for both teams. If NE lost the last 2 games and Pitts won the last 2 games, NE would be 12 and 4 and Pittsburgh would be 13 and 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was when Schopp asked about whether he knew during the game that a tie was bad for the Bills. 

Ok, so it was in response to a question about a tie. 

A tie is better than a loss. I don't understand why people are vehemently against this concept.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

A tie is better than a loss. I don't understand why people are vehemently against this concept.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

But not as bad as a loss.

A tie wouldn't have killed their playoff aspirations officially, but it sure as hell would have put them on life support at 6-6-1 with a game at NE looming in week 16.  Bottom line is a tie was bad in any realistic scenario. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Technically in moral victories he is right.  In reality 8-7-1 is not getting in the playoffs.  9-7 itself might barely squeak us in. So without playoffs draft order is the next goal IMO.  8-7-1 is worse for us draft wise than 8-8 is.  

8-7-1 isn't the issue.  9-6-1 is.   9-6-1 gets the Bills in, 9-7 probably doesn't.  

The only outcome yesterday that almost certainly knocks you out is a loss.  A win or a tie gives you a fighting chance.  

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A tie wouldn't have killed their playoff aspirations officially, but it sure as hell would have put them on life support at 6-6-1 with a game at NE looming in week 16.  Bottom line is a tie was bad in any realistic scenario. 

But better than a loss.

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If they tie the Colts at home, what makes you think the bills would have any chance in Foxboro?

I mean unless Brady and Belichick have explosive diahhrea that day...

They absolutely had to win that game yesterday

Edited by billsfan11