A Few Thoughts About the Colts Game

Virgil

5 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

To me it looked like the pick happened at the goal line, on a 2pt conversion the ball is snapped at the 2 1/2, so that pick was not within one yard

I watched it five times and it happened within a yard of the LOS (between the 1.5 and 2 yard lines).  Probably shouldn't have been called ...

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

2 - Peterman -  he needs to be smarter if he's going to survive in the NFL.

That's for sure.

I think we are starting to get a better look at who he is, now that he's played a few quarters.

He has a lot of potential, but he's made some really dumb decisions.

He has talent that Tyrod doesn't have, and never will,

but he lacks judgement, and judgement is what Tyrod has.

Overall, I'm glad that McD started Peterman in the San Diego game, and we got a chance to see J Webb, too

before they were needed yesterday. We needed all of them yesterday.

As a side note, what do you think Tyrod would have been able to do yesterday if he were healthy ?

Shady had a great day. The two of them could have set records for elusiveness in the snow.

Love your posts

Totally disagree on Milano.....who is making big plays and taking rookie lumps much like Tre. 

The scheme actually puts him out of position on some plays.....I saw him fill a game where the play went the other way....and had the run come through his gap he would have been the ONLY thing stopping it from a big gain.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

You could locate the 50 yard line and the end zones, and the seams for the yard lines were visible, it would not have been difficult to use some addition and subtraction to get within 5 yds

Anybody here who went to the game and can provide input?  From the telecast, you couldn't even see those yard line markers that are out of bounds.

Some of the media reports said they couldn't see the field from their booth.  If that's where the spotter was, you can understand why they couldn't call the yard line. 

In hindsight, the network should've improvised to enhance their broadcast.

14 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I completely agree about Peterman.  And I think he may be a total moron.  He came into the San Diego game with his coach just having gambled on him big time - McD moved all of his chips in when he decided to bench Tyrod.  Peterman responded by repeatedly heaving the ball up for grabs like it was a Division II spring league game.  At that point I became concerned but thought perhaps it was just jitters and poor line play... but then yesterday he dives head first for a one yard gain in a game the team needs to win to keep its slim playoff hopes alive, knowing that without him they’re down to their third string QB...

He may just be dumb.

I hadn't thought of it like that before.  Now I'm intrigued.  I know he did great on the Wonderlic, but that doesn't mean he understands how to play with intelligence.  If he doesn't get himself killed he may turn out ok with enough on the job training. I hope his concussion isn't too bad.  I would still like to see him play again this year.  Like on the road in New England! That's could be a real sink or swim opportunity.

11 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Anybody here who went to the game and can provide input?  From the telecast, you couldn't even see those yard line markers that are out of bounds.

Some of the media reports said they couldn't see the field from their booth.  If that's where the spotter was, you can understand why they couldn't call the yard line. 

For the Army-Navy game they digitally superimposed the yard lines with the same technology that they use to mark the line of scrimmage and first down lines.

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If I have to choose between all of that and going for it on 4th, I'll take the QB sneak with Joe 'The Spider' Webb everytime.

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I completely agree about Peterman.  And I think he may be a total moron.  He came into the San Diego game with his coach just having gambled on him big time - McD moved all of his chips in when he decided to bench Tyrod.  Peterman responded by repeatedly heaving the ball up for grabs like it was a Division II spring league game.  At that point I became concerned but thought perhaps it was just jitters and poor line play... but then yesterday he dives head first for a one yard gain in a game the team needs to win to keep its slim playoff hopes alive, knowing that without him they’re down to their third string QB...

He may just be dumb.

Well being down to 3rd QB may be why McD did not choose to do a QB sneak - who is next to play QB?

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

You certainly feel differently than I do but I would rather watch an inexperienced rookie qb whose potential at best is to be an adequate backup. He at least can manage a modern pro offense compared to the dynamic running qb who is incapable of running a pro offense. Garbage is garbage. It should no longer be tolerated. 

This is what pre season is for. Right now, we're trying to win games.

8 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I disagree. They "enhanced" the broadcast in the Army Navy game and it was atrocious. The first down lines were showing up on top of players. Same with the yard line numbers they Super imposed.

I am thought it was cool they didn't do all that stuff.

WOuld have been great if announcers had said what yard line they were on give or take though.

16 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Love your posts

Totally disagree on Milano.....who is making big plays and taking rookie lumps much like Tre. 

The scheme actually puts him out of position on some plays.....I saw him fill a game where the play went the other way....and had the run come through his gap he would have been the ONLY thing stopping it from a big gain.

First off, thank you. 

Second, I’m just calling out a few plays on the kid where we really whiffed in coverage. Overall, I like him and believe he should be starting.  

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is what pre season is for. Right now, we're trying to win games.

The critical passes that were completed to Benjamin and Thompson were passes that Taylor is adverse to making. The offense is stunted because the qb has a severely restricted passing game.