Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
YoloinOhio

Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you're giving SM and his puppet GM way too much credit but we'll see. I'd honestly fire Beane and hire a  GM to oversee the Bald Ginger.  He has way too much undeserved power.

 

After no drafts? And who says McDermott doesn't deserve it? People were saying it was a tank year but we were 5-2 before the wheels came off the Tyrod train. I think out of anyone, McDermott has earned what he has. He knew he was walking into a mess, he new it was going to get gutted, but he still had these guys ready to play. And Beane did exactly what Cleveland did, obtain draft picks. It's what he does with them this offseason.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jordan Matthews replacing Sammy. Trading Dareus in the middle of a playoff race.  Peterman puking all over himself.  Eric Lee.  Tolbert as a backup rb.  The Carolina getting much better after SM left.

 

lots of fails.  I'm fine with SM being the new version of Dick Jauron but he needs to be checked.  His little buddy Beane can't do that.  It's a problem.


I notice you omitted signing Hyde, Poyer, getting Gaines in a trade and drafting White, essentially overhauling the entire secondary and having it be so good that teams just run all over us instead. Also ignoring how good Milano is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

 

I'm noticing you're not mentioning his successes. so, I'll file this under the category of watkins whine.

 

I've noticed that people who hate McDermott tend to do that. Maximize what they consider (without factual backup) his failures while minimizing his quantifiable successes.

 

We're 6-6 in one of the worst playoff races in recent years.  He single handedly cost as a game with the Peterman decision.  

 

Like i said, I'm fine with him as coach.  I hate how much power he has and think it will cost us long term as it did this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy to think that Hue's lifeline is "well I wanted to draft Wentz"

 

Ok fine you did.

 

That is still not an excuse to go 1-31 for the past two seasons. Sorry Hue all you did was kick your feet over Sashi's failures and lost a whole damn slate of games. You gotta go too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We're 6-6 in one of the worst playoff races in recent years.  He single handedly cost as a game with the Peterman decision.  

 

Like i said, I'm fine with him as coach.  I hate how much power he has and think it will cost us long term as it did this year. 


In THREE of those six losses, Tyrod Taylor was an utter and complete disaster as a QB.

 

Like really bad. Sure, he didn't toss 5 INT. But he didn't exactly make plays with his arm, either.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

 

This is a very interesting assessment.  

 

Unfortunately, 1-27 says Sashi will never  get another chance with a different team.

 

 

It's certainly interesting in that many might be multi-year contributors because THEY PLAY FOR THE BROWNS! The Browns actually have to field players every week, and their only options are the ones on the team. Just because a player plays for a while is no indicator of whether he was a good pick or not, especially on teams like the Browns.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We're 6-6 in one of the worst playoff races in recent years.  He single handedly cost as a game with the Peterman decision.  

 

Like i said, I'm fine with him as coach.  I hate how much power he has and think it will cost us long term as it did this year. 

Tyrod was going to beat the rising Chargers on the road when we were hitting our low point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up next AJ McCarron to be aquired to be their future QB. 

 

GO BUY THEIR PICK IMMEDIATELY AFTER SEASON ENDS 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We're 6-6 in one of the worst playoff races in recent years.  He single handedly cost as a game with the Peterman decision.  

 

Like i said, I'm fine with him as coach.  I hate how much power he has and think it will cost us long term as it did this year. 

Naw - he did not single handedly cost us the SD game. It wasn't even Peterman alone.  TT would have been killed by SD as their D simply destroyed our right side OL. TT may have scrambled some and likely wouldn't have thrown as many picks, but even a Joe Montana/Tom Brady clone would have lost that game too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Moneyball  passed on Wentz,  Goff, Trubisky, and Watson.  :cry:

Yep, that deserves to be let go..........bad process, nothing to trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....what exactly constitutes the "Hugh Jackson Luvfest" or even the "Mike McCoy Luvfest" for that matter?.....buzz words/name infatuation game?.......don't see much in their track records to constitute the drool, but perhaps I never got the memo...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PIZ said:

This sucks.  Now there is 0 chance they trade that pick to the Bills.

I would agree.  Now the Browns pick a QB at their draft slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be in the minority but I'd have fired Brown (and DePodesta for that matter) and given a Hue another year too. 

 

Cleveland are the ultimate example for having loads of draft picks not being a sure route to success if you give them to people who don't know what they are doing. Brown's two drafts have seen passes on Wentz and Watson in favour of a bunch of mainly average picks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, corta765 said:

 

Well Darnold, Rosen, & at least Jackson all have been graded higher then Mahomes/Trubisky/Waston entering the draft not accounting Watsons amazing stretch for the sake of keeping just focused on leaving college for the draft. I have zero clue if any of them or someone like Allen or Mayfield will be better then the 2016 QB's, Goff, or Wentz, but those analyzing this draft/NFL personnel love the potential and traits shown thus far from this class compared to the previous 2 years.

 

That said I still think the Browns kinda blew it not taking a guy in either of the previous 2 years.

 

This is the sole reason I would've kept Rex Ryan for one more season especially if you were bringing back Tyrod. If you were going to do that again then give Rex one more year with his guys and draft picks to try and make it work. If it would've failed then scorch the earth on everything to start fresh. And for the record I was not and am not a Ryan fan in the least, but you gotta let a coach have enough time to make his mark. 3 years at least gives him 2 years of his draft and players and time to get his system in for better or worse.

 

I agree. 

 

I disliked the Rex Ryan hire from day 1 and felt he was not the right guy for the job. He's great with X's and O's but he sucks as a teacher. He's not disciplined enough or detail oriented. He's full of excuses, and full of crap... 

By year 2 I was even more convinced he wasn't the right guy. I felt he was ruining a damn good defense, giving jobs to unqualified people due to nepotism and really hated that he was turning Buffalo into a clown show/laughing stock. 

But I still didn't really want him fired. I thought he should get at least 1 more year to show he could make improvements to the defense, and if he was able to, I thought he should get another year again. 

 

I think when you hire a coach, you should probably really commit for a minimum of 4 years (in most circumstances, as there's always exceptions). Most times when you change coaches or GM's, you change visions. That makes it damn hard to ever really build anything.

I also think players need continuity in order to truly be able to execute a scheme at a high level. I think that's one of the (many) reasons that Tom Brady is so damn good. He's been in basically the same offensive scheme his entire career. He has had a chance to really perfect it. Not too many players get that chance. 

 

 

Thankfully for me this time I was fully on board with our coaching hire. McDermott is the guy I wanted from thr minute I seen his name on the interview list. I just truly hope that him and Beane get the full 5 years n their contracts... we haven't had any real continuity in Buffalo in quite a long time. I'd love to see what happens when we do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Crazy to think that Hue's lifeline is "well I wanted to draft Wentz"

 

Ok fine you did.

 

That is still not an excuse to go 1-31 for the past two seasons. Sorry Hue all you did was kick your feet over Sashi's failures and lost a whole damn slate of games. You gotta go too.

 

Good for Wentz dodging that bullet.  Your team would probably still be terrible, and he would probably be ruined if he went there.

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I might be in the minority but I'd have fired Brown (and DePodesta for that matter) and given a Hue another year too. 

 

Cleveland are the ultimate example for having loads of draft picks not being a sure route to success if you give them to people who don't know what they are doing. Brown's two drafts have seen passes on Wentz and Watson in favour of a bunch of mainly average picks. 

 

The drafts overseen by brown weren't actually that bad.  It was the 3-5 years prior when they missed on like every pick.  That's the reason that they are terrible - its not the current GM or current HC.  Heres a list of browns first round picks from 2011-2015

 

Gilbert, Mingo, Manziel, Richardson, Weeden, Erving, Taylor

 

When you miss on EVERY 1st round pick for 5 years - you tend to have a lot of holes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dneveu said:

 

The drafts overseen by brown weren't actually that bad.  It was the 3-5 years prior when they missed on like every pick.  That's the reason that they are terrible - its not the current GM or current HC.  Heres a list of browns first round picks from 2011-2015

 

Gilbert, Mingo, Manziel, Richardson, Weeden, Erving, Taylor

 

When you miss on EVERY 1st round pick for 5 years - you tend to have a lot of holes.  

 

Corey Coleman was a good pick in 2016 but has struggled staying healthy. Ogbah has been okay, he can rush the passer but is dreadful against the run.  The other reasonable pick is the safety out of TCU.  The rest are hopeless.  

 

Myles Garrett was so obvious at #1 that even the Browns couldn't miss but who else do you like so far from the 2017 class?  

 

If the only criteria for your draft being okay is not blowing the first pick then yea, I suppose they were okay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Corey Coleman was a good pick in 2016 but has struggled staying healthy. Ogbah has been okay, he can rush the passer but is dreadful against the run.  The other reasonable pick is the safety out of TCU.  The rest are hopeless.  

 

Myles Garrett was so obvious at #1 that even the Browns couldn't miss but who else do you like so far from the 2017 class?  

 

If the only criteria for your draft being okay is not blowing the first pick then yea, I suppose they were okay.  

 

I mean.. they have a decent amount of starters/contributors from the last 2 drafts. 

 

garrett

Ogbah
Nassib
Schobert
Peppers
Kindred
Kizer
Devalve/Njoku
Coleman
Coleman

Gonzalez
Louis/Higgins

 

I think they were supposed to suck this year - they're trying to build some talent the only way they can.  They signed a few free agents, but it seems like its wheel spinning money.  Britt has 18 catches on a 32 mil deal.  Added some O-line free agents as well, but make no mistake.  This is a very young team built to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dneveu said:

 

I mean.. they have a decent amount of starters/contributors from the last 2 drafts. 

 

garrett

Ogbah
Nassib
Schobert
Peppers
Kindred
Kizer
Devalve/Njoku
Coleman
Coleman

Gonzalez
Louis/Higgins

 

I think they were supposed to suck this year - they're trying to build some talent the only way they can.  They signed a few free agents, but it seems like its wheel spinning money.  Britt has 18 catches on a 32 mil deal.  Added some O-line free agents as well, but make no mistake.  This is a very young team built to lose.

 

Njoku I will give you I forgot and he has made some plays.... the rest are only contributors because the Browns have nobody else. They suck as NFL players beyond Njoku and the 4 I mentioned. The two tackles are both horrific players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Njoku I will give you I forgot and he has made some plays.... the rest are only contributors because the Browns have nobody else. They suck as NFL players beyond Njoku and the 4 I mentioned. The two tackles are both horrific players. 

I disagree.  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/8/16750774/cleveland-browns-sashi-brown-hue-jackson-paul-depodesta-john-dorsey

 

And the tweet embedded in it:

 

View image on Twitter
 

Here's Sashi Brown's last two NFL Drafts. Our of his 24 picks, 20 might be multi-year NFL contributors. That's an ABSURD success rate.

Plus, they have 2018 Draft 1st and two 2nds coming.

 

EDIT: right now they sit at the 1st AND 10th overall picks (Texans).  They could pick Rosen AND, say, Baker Mayfield. And they have tons of cap room. I would much rather be in the Browns situation than in ours ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who thinks 20 of his 24 are multi-year contributors? 

 

The answer is someone who hasn't watched the tape and is only looking at who is starting now on a 0-12 team.

 

Garrett, C. Coleman, Njoku, Ogbah and Kindred are the 5 people contributing at an NFL level. The other 19 might be starting.... but they are sucking. Continuting to 0-13 is not good. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who thinks 20 of his 24 are multi-year contributors? 

 

The answer is someone who hasn't watched the tape and is only looking at who is starting now on a 0-12 team.

 

Garrett, C. Coleman, Njoku, Ogbah and Kindred are the 5 people contributing at an NFL level. The other 19 might be starting.... but they are sucking. Continuting to 0-13 is not good. 

Well, if you're watching a lot of Browns football, I salute you ... I can't say that I have.  But they're going to suck because they're rookies, or second year players surrounded by other second year players and rookies. We've seen, for example, Zay Jones suck mightily.  But if I were doing this for the Bills I would include Zay Jones in the list of "likely multiple year NFL contributors."  Not a real high bar (particularly for a high draft pick), but better than an obvious bust.  The 76ers were mocked mercilessly until, all of a sudden, they're not. I suspect the same thing will happen in Cleveland by 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, if you're watching a lot of Browns football, I salute you ... I can't say that I have.  But they're going to suck because they're rookies, or second year players surrounded by other second year players and rookies. We've seen, for example, Zay Jones suck mightily.  But if I were doing this for the Bills I would include Zay Jones in the list of "likely multiple year NFL contributors."  Not a real high bar (particularly for a high draft pick), but better than an obvious bust.  The 76ers were mocked mercilessly until, all of a sudden, they're not. I suspect the same thing will happen in Cleveland by 2019.

 

The same thing might happen.... but it won't be with the list of absolute tosh they have drafted the past two years while passing on franchise changers in Wentz and Watson and that is why Brown had to go.

 

For the number of picks they have had the last two years they have done no better tha  about the NFL average of picking good players. 3 one year, 2 another. 

 

Getting a proper football personnel guy to run the FO is a start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The browns are a clown show, if I was Cleveland fan I would have seriously considered being done.

 

 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, Heitz said:

That did not last long - I wonder if they looked at the analytics and moneyball told them it was time to fire the GM?

 

Literally laughed out loud :lol:

 

 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, joesixpack said:

 

This guy gets it, and the scary thing is the number of Bills fans that are currently on board this very train.


STUPID.

 

 

 

I am confident in Pegs that he will see this through with McDermott.

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×