ESPN-Jim Kelly on 97 Rock....again..

I am old school and  agree with Jimbo but he does not need to speak out on this in the media.  

Definitely, the Bills of the Jim Kelly era would have answered for that hit right away and there would have been so much shite on the field that Gronko would have been ejected for his own safety -  along with a few Bills.   Depending on the year Talley, Conlan, Smerlas, Bruce, Biscuit, Leonard Smith, would have all been in there.  The scariest dudes on that team were some of the Offensive lineman and the back ups and special teamers.  John Davis, Hal Garner, Mitch Ferotte, Jamie Muller and Carwell Garner were all mean bastards on the field.

I've been watching Pro Football for 54 years and I can only think of a few times that I saw a deliberate attempt to injure a player after a play.   I recall Oakland's Ben Davidson hit Lenny Dawson after a play and that sparked a big on the field brawl.  Most of the dirty stuff happens during the play, that what makes this hit so bad, it was on purpose and it was after the play. 

Listening to Gronk explain himself after he game the conclusion is simple.  He is extremely stupid for one.  He also has a sense of entitlement.  He is a Patriot and a star.  He was frustrated because he was getting held.  He was not getting the calls.  The calls against him were wrong.   He was frustrated.   So what happens if #27 develops chronic concussion issues from this?   

Jerry Hughes was upset and should have made his penalty worth the effort by blasting Gronk.   Hughes is one of the few guys on this current team that could have even made that roster of Kelly's teams. 

Preston Brown whined like a the proverbial sissy in the school yard.  He is a crappy MLB, he can't shed blocks or tackle worth a dam.  I hope he is gone next year.   Imagine if Talley was the closest LB to the scene of the crime?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30309/sean-mcdermott-defends-players-after-jim-kelly-questions-response-to-hit

Why does Jim insert himself into every situation with this team?    It's embarrassing and ridiculous.   He has managed to make the national media 2x this year.   Please go away, Jim.  You retired 20 years ago and are of absolutely no relevance to this franchise going forward.

stop.. go away.. i didnt read thru.. hate the topic. kelly is right .. case closed.

Edited by dwight in philly

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I am old school and  agree with Jimbo but he does not need to speak out on this in the media.  

Definitely, the Bills of the Jim Kelly era would have answered for that hit right away and there would have been so much shite on the field that Gronko would have been ejected for his own safety -  along with a few Bills.   Depending on the year Talley, Conlan, Smerlas, Bruce, Biscuit, Leonard Smith, would have all been in there.  The scariest dudes on that team were some of the Offensive lineman and the back ups and special teamers.  John Davis, Hal Garner, Mitch Ferotte, Jamie Muller and Carwell Garner were all mean bastards on the field.

I've been watching Pro Football for 54 years and I can only think of a few times that I saw a deliberate attempt to injure a player after a play.   I recall Oakland's Ben Davidson hit Lenny Dawson after a play and that sparked a big on the field brawl.  Most of the dirty stuff happens during the play, that what makes this hit so bad, it was on purpose and it was after the play. 

Listening to Gronk explain himself after he game the conclusion is simple.  He is extremely stupid for one.  He also has a sense of entitlement.  He is a Patriot and a star.  He was frustrated because he was getting held.  He was not getting the calls.  The calls against him were wrong.   He was frustrated.   So what happens if #27 develops chronic concussion issues from this?   

Jerry Hughes was upset and should have made his penalty worth the effort by blasting Gronk.   Hughes is one of the few guys on this current team that could have even made that roster of Kelly's teams. 

Preston Brown whined like a the proverbial sissy in the school yard.  He is a crappy MLB, he can't shed blocks or tackle worth a dam.  I hope he is gone next year.   Imagine if Talley was the closest LB to the scene of the crime?  

Agree with all of your post except for this.  Hughes can suck an egg. HE sucks.

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Count me among those sick of Kelly. Love him as a football player and ambassador for Buffalo. But tired of his interjection in everything with everyone going to him for sound bites like he IS the organization and city and the fans. Wish him nothing but health and prosperity but STFU already.

Agree. Big fish, small pond.

Never liked his “look at me” persona.

Outstanding NFL QB? Absolutely.

But even 11 year old me, way back when JK first came to town, could tell the guy was a dbag off the field. 

3 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree with Jim and Aaron Williams that the Bills should have retaliated against Gronkowski. IMO, this is worse than the Milan Lucic hit on Ryan Miller.  

Oh man, I saw that hit live. I was pissed Sabres didn't kill Lucic. This feels like that ALL OVER AGAIN. I'm not a hockey fan, but loved those Sabres teams back in their days. Man I should've known to hate any Boston team from then on.  

Kelly is RIGHT to call out Bills players. Their response was WEAK. And NFL's 1 game suspension? EVEN WEAKER. 

Edited by CanadianFan

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....naw he's just appeasing his "buying group" in the event Pegula pulls the plug......he sweeps in as the new Owner (prolly has the check written-COUGH) and saves the day.............

Love the humor - - If Jim didn't have his NFL pension & income as a Director of his late son's Charity he'd be broke - the truth.  As for being a great hero by leading us to 4 Super Bowls - - he choked in all 4 - - check the stats and films. 

Gee. I wouldn't have guessed there were so many passive Bills fans.  

You would rather send the Pats a level headed message encouraging them to be more observant of the rules of the game and civilized society, along with  an Edible Arrangement shaped  like your backside as peace offering. The we can "move forward" and not dwell upon the past? I think I get you bunch. I don't agree though.

I'm more like Jimbo I guess, but that is what having both testicles descended will do to a person. It makes you ornery when your group is attacked and you seek to retaliate and defend.

But Ill be quiet like you want Jim to be. 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Get a life OP, you sound disgruntled because an icon of the franchise won't go away like you want. He can say whatever he wants and he's earned it. Amazing how jealous some of the younger posters are who missed the glory years. 

Ummm...I'm in my 40s, but I'll get off your lawn.  :)  I hope it didn't hurt falling through the table at the tailgate last week (it was a great video).

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Gee. I wouldn't have guessed there were so many passive Bills fans.  

You would rather send the Pats a level headed message encouraging them to be more observant of the rules of the game and civilized society, along with  an Edible Arrangement shaped  like your backside as peace offering. The we can "move forward" and not dwell upon the past? I think I get you bunch. I don't agree though.

I'm more like Jimbo I guess, but that is what having both testicles descended will do to a person. It makes you ornery when your group is attacked and you seek to retaliate and defend.

But Ill be quiet like you want Jim to be. 

Amazing how many people can't read here...

The point isn't that they should have stuck up for TW; I said they should have earlier in the thread.  The point is that an aging ex-player with no connection to the the current team continues to interject himself into issues around the current team, forcing our coach to address issues he creates on his awful weekly radio appearance.  It is the epitome of selfishness and arrogance.  If he cared, he would shut up and let the Bills play.  

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Sad 1