It is So funny how WGR right now

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Getting Kirk Cousins would not be smart for the kind of rebuilding this team needs.

We need Baker Mayfield, PERIOD. We need swag. We need attitude. We need boldness. We need leadership.

I like Cousins but I don't disagree with your Mayfield take.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

To be honest that doesn't mean much too me. I'm assuming that doesn't factor in 4th quarter interceptions when the game is on the line?

These numbers prove he is a top 10 QB in the NFL, more like 6th or 7th. He has 31 INTS over 42 games as a starter, less than 1 (.73) pick per game average. Pop him on a team with a decent D and give him a real running back and good things will happen.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

These numbers prove he is a top 10 QB in the NFL, more like 6th or 7th. He has 31 INTS over 42 games as a starter, less than 1 (.73) pick per game average. Pop him on a team with a decent D and give him a real running back and good things will happen.

I would take these 10 over him for sure:

Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Brady, Rivers, Wentz, Wilson, Ryan, Newton, luck when healthy

The other few you could argue.

Prescott,  Carr, Deshaun Watson ( Small sample size but looks amazing)

So for me personally, I would take him between 11 and 14 if I had a QB draft.

Stats aside, there is no way I would take him over those 10 guys I listed above

16 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

I like Cousins but I don't disagree with your Mayfield take.

I'm on the Mayfield bandwagon, but admittedly it's for what the poster you quoted said. What makes me nervous though is that our opinions on this are shaped by something completely not quantifiable at all. And there is really no way to project that into how good of a pro Mayfield could be.

I also wonder how Mayfield would mesh with this staff/talent.

I don't see him as having a personality/attitude that McDermott likes. At least that is what I gather from what McDermott gives off publicly. 

Also, the scheme. Mayfield is a better prospect than Tyrod. But he's another guy considered undersized, mobile, with pretty good arm strength. All of these traits Taylor has they have done little to utilize effectively. I dont want to waste the pick if we are just gonna throw him under center and expect a sub 6' guy to see the field on 3 step drops and short routes. It just doesn't go together. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B