ITT: Edgy opinions on the future of the franchise

DollaBills

No. Stop. I’m tired of being a team known for running the ball because our QB sucks and we can’t pass. I want to be able to throw the ball too and Roman isn’t a passing game kind of guy. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

No. Stop. I’m tired of being a team known for running the ball because our QB sucks and we can’t pass. I want to be able to throw the ball too and Roman isn’t a passing game kind of guy. 

Neither is McDermott, did you listen to his introductory press conference? 

During the drought....we had a year or 2 with Bledsoe where we were a better than mediocre to poor passing offense.  The other years were JP, Captain Checkdown, FItz with Stevie and the no name wrs, erratic EJ, and TT.   

If there's one thing to change and improve, its a functioning passing offense.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I never knew edgy was a synonym of crappy. 

Lol I like this. I'm undecided on Roman because his first year here and prior to him coming here, I was happy with him.

Two games with a banged up Sammy, and Tyrod at Qb. It's hard to really pin all the blame on him. But that's football, we go around in circles trying to specify blame and others trying to disperse it else where.

Go get Frank Reich. He is a Buffalo guy who is a defacto OC in Philly while he could actually call the plays in Buffalo. It's not a lateral move for him if he obtains playcalling capabilities. 

He could also be a coach in waiting. Put a little pressure on McD to keep his defense playing at a high level. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

6 hours ago, Theshallowcross said:

Go get Frank Reich. He is a Buffalo guy who is a defacto OC in Philly while he could actually call the plays in Buffalo. It's not a lateral move for him if he obtains playcalling capabilities. 

He could also be a coach in waiting. Put a little pressure on McD to keep his defense playing at a high level. 

No thanks to Reich. Also, yes it’s still a lateral move. Being a play caller doesn’t make it a promotion. 

Edited by Bangarang

Crazy to change staffs after one season. Nobody will want to work for a owner that only gives a staff one or 2 years. IMO Pegs have to stay the course with McD and ride out his 3 years if they ever want to hire any real good coaches. I can not see any coaches wanting to work for a owner ready to fire so quickly.

Let the rebuild continue find a better QB and build around him. This team was set up to fail as soon as they brought back the last staffs QB. IMO it was a huge mistake bringing Tyrod back because it gave some fans the continued excuse to blame everyone but Tyrod while keeping Rex in the teams loop of news. Keeping Tyrod also IMO gives the same type of player cancer Mario had with this team with some players sticking by Tyrod no matter what while others going with what the coaches want to create a split team.

Move on from Tyrod and start a new era to get Rex out of our news 

Edited by xRUSHx

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

No thanks to Reich. Also, yes it’s still a lateral move. Being a play caller doesn’t make it a promotion. 

What? Why wouldn't you want Reich? And also yes, being a play caller does make it a promotion. 

I'd want Reich because of the system he runs and his Buffalo ties or Ken Dorsey (QB Coach panthers). Dennison needs to go. Period

7 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

What? Why wouldn't you want Reich? And also yes, being a play caller does make it a promotion. 

I'd want Reich because of the system he runs and his Buffalo ties or Ken Dorsey (QB Coach panthers). Dennison needs to go. Period

Reich was heavily criticized as a conservative and predictable play caller with the Chargers. I have no problem with Dennison going but I don’t want to settle for a guy because we have heard of his name.

And again, play calling doesn’t make it a promotion. It’s a lateral move. Not sure where you got your info that it’s a promotion but it’s wrong 

Edited by Bangarang

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Reich was heavily criticized as a conservative and predictable play caller with the Chargers. I have no problem with Dennison going but I don’t want to settle for a guy because we have heard of his name.

And again, play calling doesn’t make it a promotion. It’s a lateral move. Not sure where you got your info that it’s a promotion but it’s wrong 

Not arguing semantics with you guy. If you don't call plays in one place and the new place hires you to actually call plays, that's a promotion. My information is from everyone with any sense. 

Edited by Theshallowcross