Apparently the offense is holding Tyrod back

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about them going into a game with the expectation and game plan to throw for 300 yards?  If Taylor fails miserably you are right.

Not a single is their expressed purpose to air it out and thus very team stacks the line and awaits to stuff the Bills.

The only time it appeared they had that game plan was when Peterman was at qb, as if to prove a point.

I’m pretty sure their intention wasn’t to have one of the worst passing attacks in the league. Unfortunately, that’s what their starter gives them. If Tyrod could efficiently throw the ball around and put up big yards then he’d be doing it. The only thing holding Tyrod back is his ability to play the position. What we’ve seen the last 3 years is exactly what you’re going to get. This is who he is and this is what our offense will be as long as he’s playing.

Edited by Bangarang

Any offense that revolves around passing the football would hold Taylor back. 

I would bet anything that if Taylor went to another team they would still be ranked no higher than 24 in passing yards. I don't even think Lynn would want him on the Chargers even if they didn't have Rivers.

I think after this weeks loss we are eliminated from the playoffs. I don't care about your mathematical crap that says we are still alive but we would be more likely to get struck by lightning on a sunny day scenario's.

When we lose this week the evaluation of Peterman should being and Taylor should only been seen again if Peterman is injured.

I think in 100 tries against the Pats with Taylor at QB we might win 4 games and in those 4 games Brady was injured in the 1st Qtr.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:58 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I've never seen such hype and misleading information on an NFL QB in my life.

From the way some of these outsiders speak about TT you'd think he's a former #1 overall draft pick.

Good grief the guy was a 6th round pick and backup most of his career in Baltimore for a reason. If we are going to hype up a QB on our team can it at least be NP? At least he was drafted by us and higher than TT was.

Hype?

To the contrary:  ive never seen a QB, on a bad team and poorly run franchise, manage to have a winning record over 2.5 seasons and yet be lambasted to the extent Tyrod is by this fanbase. 

Edited by bobobonators

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Hype?

To the contrary:  ive never seen a QB, on a bad team, manage to have a winning record and yet be lambasted to the extent Tyrod is by this fanbase. 

We expect and deserve more at QB and the real proof will be when Taylor goes to another team and puts up the exact same numbers.

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

He's had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Clay, Benjamin (1 game), Matthews, McCoy, and a bunch of scrubs over the last 3 years and his stats say the exact same thing from year to year. 

I guess your type will only be satisfied and only be able to see that TT is the problem if they had Rice, Moss and Owens in their prime catching balls from TT. How blind can you be? The endless arguing and parade of excuses for a bad QB is disturbing. 

The Oline blows!!  They’re terrible.  The run game wouldn’t have been great if it weren’t for McCoy and to some extent Taylor. Again, you can bring the perfect pocket passer to Buffalo but unless the Oline is upgraded, he’s gonna get crushed and possibly injured. 

Did the Peterman experiment not open your eyes?  He had zero time to throw (most of the time) and was no threat to run the ball.  And McCoy actually put up some yards in that game. 

Add in the fact the Bills have no deep threat. Taylor throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL yet management decides not to provide a WR that can stretch the field. 

If the Bills don’t go heavy on OL and DL in the draft and waste a first round pick on a QB, they’re bigger fools than some of the posters on this board. 

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about them going into a game with the expectation and game plan to throw for 300 yards?  If Taylor fails miserably you are right.

Not a single is their expressed purpose to air it out and thus very team stacks the line and awaits to stuff the Bills.

The only time it appeared they had that game plan was when Peterman was at qb, as if to prove a point.

I honestly do do not think they have a number in mind for passing yards.  For the year they pass more than they run by a small margin - they just do not get a ton out of the passing game.  

When I watch the all-22 you see the windows that open and the multi-layer attack, but you do not see passes into those windows.  You see a delay and then you get a sort of continuation and then the pass.  It is not all of the time, but enough that it disrupts the passing attack and puts additional pressure on the o-line leading to both sacks and holding penalties.

I think when you have TT as a QB - your game plan goes out the window.  You have to run a specific sort of free form passing attack (think schoolyard) where guys start on a pattern and then work to get open.

If Dennison was a new OC and TT had been spectacular under previous OC’s - I would tend to agree, but this is the 3rd OC all producing exactly the same results with different systems.  At some point you may need to think that maybe the results are not from the play call, but the person running the play.

47 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

The Oline blows!!  They’re terrible.  The run game wouldn’t have been great if it weren’t for McCoy and to some extent Taylor. Again, you can bring the perfect pocket passer to Buffalo but unless the Oline is upgraded, he’s gonna get crushed and possibly injured. 

Did the Peterman experiment not open your eyes?  He had zero time to throw (most of the time) and was no threat to run the ball.  And McCoy actually put up some yards in that game. 

Add in the fact the Bills have no deep threat. Taylor throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL yet management decides not to provide a WR that can stretch the field. 

If the Bills don’t go heavy on OL and DL in the draft and waste a first round pick on a QB, they’re bigger fools than some of the posters on this board. 

Hahaha, clueless...:blink:

2 hours ago, Bills757 said:

It's funny how fans like yourself wants to indict Taylor on his offensive numbers yet it's very apparent the Oline sucks and the WR corps isn't nearly as good as many other teams.  Add in the fact Shady's had more so-so games this year than the last two.  And let's not forget Dennison and his "go-for-broke" approach (sarcasm) and you get what you get.  

Peterman plays, throws five picks in one half and all of sudden we have an Oline problem....like it didn't exist when Taylor was the QB.  The simple truth is Taylor masks the crappy Oline and rather than throw balls up for grabs, he opts to tuck and run.  If Dennison would actually play to Taylor's strengths (getting him outside the pocket and actually running him), we might see a better offense.  You can't tell with a straight face that Dennison's approach with over two minutes to go last week was smart.  

Carry on though.....I'm sure you can't wait until the Bills draft a "franchise QB".  Better hope Beane and McD do something about the Oline or else said "franchise QB" will be on the IR faster than you can say Billsy.

I could not disagree more with this statement.  The results have been the same for 3 years with different players all around.  We have had a number of different WRs - several high draft picks - from Watkins, Woods to Benjamin, Matthews, and Jones.  You have had Clay and McCoy, etc.  They are not devoid of talent.  The o-line has struggled, but they are forced to hold pass blocks longer than every other o-line in the league. 

I do not think TT masks the O-line deficiencies, but adds to them - because he takes a huge number of sacks and holds the ball so long.

You could have a point if the passing attack was worse this year, but the passing attack is the same - the difference is the running game.  I think missing Glenn has a lot to do with that.

4 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Hahaha, clueless...:blink:

I agree. You are.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I could not disagree more with this statement.  The results have been the same for 3 years with different players all around.  We have had a number of different WRs - several high draft picks - from Watkins, Woods to Benjamin, Matthews, and Jones.  You have had Clay and McCoy, etc.  They are not devoid of talent.  The o-line has struggled, but they are forced to hold pass blocks longer than every other o-line in the league. 

I do not think TT masks the O-line deficiencies, but adds to them - because he takes a huge number of sacks and holds the ball so long.

You could have a point if the passing attack was worse this year, but the passing attack is the same - the difference is the running game.  I think missing Glenn has a lot to do with that.

Haha. So Peterman gets pressured big time and throws 5 picks yet Taylor ADDS to the Oline’s problems. I have to applaud you for taking such a leap with that statement. 

Edited by Bills757

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think after this weeks loss we are eliminated from the playoffs. I don't care about your mathematical crap that says we are still alive but we would be more likely to get struck by lightning on a sunny day scenario's.

When we lose this week the evaluation of Peterman should being and Taylor should only been seen again if Peterman is injured.

I think in 100 tries against the Pats with Taylor at QB we might win 4 games and in those 4 games Brady was injured in the 1st Qtr.

And Peterman would win zero and I'd be a rich rich man betting on the Pats and the points.....

57 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Fake news.    OL was solid last year and Tyrod was still Tyrod.  

New qb time 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

1 hour ago, Bills757 said:

I am fully on board with going heavy on OL and DL in the draft. I don't think the people who want a QB are fools. Just people with wishful thinking. I think it's foolish to think you pick a QB and instantly the guys an elite franchise quarterback. I'm not in favor of trading up unless you can get into the #1 or #2 spot. 

1.Draft a QB.

2.?????

3. Super Bowl!!!!

Edited by Lfod

8 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Fake news.    OL was solid last year and Tyrod was still Tyrod.  

You mean like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJAelqtBm8

And here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNf-axc_4s&t=353s

Both were losses completely on the D. We end the drought if we get these two.

Tyrod and that offense was borderline spectacular.

Just now, moshermw said:

You mean like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJAelqtBm8

And here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNf-axc_4s&t=353s

Both were losses completely on the D. We end the drought if we get these two.

Tyrod and that offense was borderline spectacular.

More fake news,   Baltimore, Pitt, Oak, Mia etc etc etc etc.  

tyrod is what he is 20th-25th in a league where 20 teams don't make the postseason. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about throwing the ball and a strategy to amass 400+ yards/game, vs. eating clock and playing the game between the 30's and hoping the DX holds the opposing team under 16 points?

..what's irritating as hell is that McD must condone this line of thinking for it to continue......you can't convince me he doesn't see it........Management 101 stipulates that "you can delegate the task BUT you can never delegate the responsibility"........thus the task of the offense is Dennison's and the task of the defense is Frazier's (who had an inexplicable epiphany last week after 3 crippling stinkers)....BUT...McD OWNS the overall responsibility and letting this woeful offense continue is hardly what I would remotely call LEADERSHIP...