Lawson was Benched, was he another first round bust?

2 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Ragland played good on Sunday. I wonder what team needed a run stopping LB with instincts this year...?

Unfortunately the Bills need more than that. They need LBs who can both stop the run as well as get into their zones on D to defend the pass. The Bills biggest problems vs. the pass are the pass rush and the LBs inability to get the proper depth/position in their drops. Ragland is horrible in coverage. Sometimes it's not a matter on if a player is good, it's if he's a fit for the system. Ragland wasn't. I'd rather get value for him that have him wallow on the bench until his rookie contract was done. 

Unfortunately, this is the treadmill the Bills have been on for the better part of two decades. Draft players for a coach's systems, fire coach, change systems, get new players for those systems, repeat...

36 minutes ago, MDH said:

Unfortunately the Bills need more than that. They need LBs who can both stop the run as well as get into their zones on D to defend the pass. The Bills biggest problems vs. the pass are the pass rush and the LBs inability to get the proper depth/position in their drops. Ragland is horrible in coverage. Sometimes it's not a matter on if a player is good, it's if he's a fit for the system. Ragland wasn't. I'd rather get value for him that have him wallow on the bench until his rookie contract was done. 

Unfortunately, this is the treadmill the Bills have been on for the better part of two decades. Draft players for a coach's systems, fire coach, change systems, get new players for those systems, repeat...

He would work as a 1st round run stopper. We are last in the league in rush defense or something like that. Its good they got a pick back instead of cutting him but if he becomes a pro bowl LB im rubbin it in peoples faces.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:17 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Incorrect. He's been good against aginst the run. 

he is good against the run.  I think the Bills D wanted more pass-rush in the game, which Eddie seems to provide more of.  At any rate, I don't care who does and does not start.  The D rotation on Sunday was great.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

he is good against the run.  I think the Bills D wanted more pass-rush in the game, which Eddie seems to provide more of.  At any rate, I don't care who does and does not start.  The D rotation on Sunday was great.  

Agreed there.

Does anyone know what the issue was?  I have to admit I was impressed with our young Coach on that one.  He had to be feeling a ton of pressure after three straight beat downs and then he goes and disciplines last year's Top Pick in the middle of crucial Road win.  Apparently Coach knows what he will, and will not, tolerate.

There is no other way to put it, Shaq so far has been a disappointment.   Being good against the run is important, but when you get drafted in the first round as a DE, you need to be able to apply consistent pressure, and he doesn't even come close to doing so.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:15 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He has done nothing. Yarbarough and Davis have both been better IMO

I think Yarbarough certainly has. And will be around next season. 

On 11/27/2017 at 11:20 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

was it really a risk, felt like he was BPA at a position of need no less.

In Rex's world for sure.