Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

While I acknowledge he is not the Kelly-esque "long-term solution," I also recognize that he's better than a lot of QB's in this league, and definitely the best one on our roster. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the best QB's we've had during the 17-year drought. Now, again, is he going to take us to a SB? No. Is he enough to win games while we find the right one? Yes. 

I'm just not a fan of the whole "Cut Tyrod and draft one!" mentality. What if the one we draft sucks? If it was as simple as just drafting a QB, everyone would have a good one, which we know just isn't the case in this league.  I think we learned this with the Peterman experiment.

This is a parity-driven league. Aside from maybe 6-8 teams, NOBODY has a great quarterback. and 6-8 may be pushing it.  I mean you have Brady, Rodgers, Wentz, then who? Do you still put Roethlisberger in that category? Dak Prescott? I guess you could throw Rivers in there. It's just what it is anymore - only a handful of great quarterbacks.

I think it's a case of trying to do the best you can with what you have. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Tyrod had 24 pass attempts in the first half, alone, on Sunday...the fact that he ended the game with around 180 yards is on Tyrod- not the OC imo...maybe not being able to hit WR’s in stride has something to do with it...but what do I know, I’m just a fan.

That's about 7.6 yards per attempt which is the average of some top QBs. 

In the second half they had like 15 runs and only 5 pass attempts. Seems pretty conservative to me regardless of who the QB is. If he can throw 24 passes in the first half he can do it in the second half too... but I am also just a fan. 

Edited by Scott7975

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That's about 7.6 yards per attempt which is the average of some top QBs. 

In the second half they had like 15 runs and only 5 pass attempts. Seems pretty conservative to me regardless of who the QB is. If he can throw 24 passes in the first half he can do it in the second half too... but I am also just a fan. 

Sorry man...but I just want more than what Tyrod brings to the table...tired of settling...I want consistency- not just the occasional big play

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

With the way the defense performed that day and as hot as the Chargers were/are, no they wouldn't have won that day. Knowing that is just common sense.

5 turnovers has an effect on defense. Field position, morale, stamina. No game is a given, knowing that is just common sense.

I truly do not understand how people can claim this, they're a decent team that can be played close if you protect the football, since when did the Chargers become the best team ever?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The bottom line is that Peterman gifted the Chargers a win. 

The sentiment on this board is that the Chargers were always going to win that game, so we might as well throw 5 picks while we lose. #logic

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What you're saying 5 ints had no affect on the outcome......  Talk about clueless.

They certainly did and even the biggest NP supporters like myself have faulted him.

But in hindsight it's not going to look that bad when the Chargers win out, win the AFCW and likely make noise in the playoffs. They are one of the most complete teams in the NFL and playing their best football when it matters heading down the stretch run.

And I know some people want to believe we would have won with Taylor starting but I simply don't believe that to be the case especially after what the chargers did 5 days later on Thanksgiving to a much better QB in Dallas.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What you're saying 5 ints had no affect on the outcome......  Talk about clueless.

Take your Taylor beanie cap off and think about it

The chances for a Win in LA to the Chargers was slim to none even with the "great" Tyrod Taylor,  

Do not pretend you and your friendly group thought otherwise.  

We beat KC because they became more inept than we were. 

Sure, lets say that "Peterman gifted" the win.  Lets realize that Taylor would have bored them to death and  we still would have walked away with a Bills loss. 

No one knows what would have happened IF Typical Taylor had actually played well enough to keep Nate on the bench!!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Take your Taylor beanie cap off and think about it

The chances for a Win in LA to the Chargers was slim to none even with the "great" Tyrod Taylor,  

Do not pretend you and your friendly group thought otherwise.  

We beat KC because they became more inept than we were. 

Not a Taylor fanboy and don't see one person here that is.  What many here think is we don't know his upside thanks to this inept coaching stff.

Anyone who thought and believed that Peterman gave the Bills the best chance to win vs. LAC was delusional or lying.

You can blame McDermott, you can blame Nate too if you wish.   

One unnamed player also helped in the process of that benching.  It begins with Quarter and ends with Back.  

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not a Taylor fanboy and don't see one person here that is.  What many here think is we don't know his upside thanks to this inept coaching stff.

Anyone who thought and believed that Peterman gave the Bills the best chance to win vs. LAC was delusional or lying.

you are blind.  

No one here that I know of thought and believed that Peterman gave the Bills the best chance to win in LA.   Only Taylor homers think and believe that turd of a story 

We needed a spark and we got one.  Maybe TT learned a valuable lesson 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I still think NP is the better player simply because of upside and prototypical NFL QB ability. And pretty sure that's why McD made the move against the chargers even though it backfired in spectacular Bills fashion. Also same reason he isn't committing to Taylor the rest of the season and beyond next week because pretty sure we'll see NP again after the Pats destroy us and Taylor continues to throw 3 yard passes and run out of bounds on 3rd down when we are down 14+ points to the Patriots.

TT has hit whatever ceiling he has in this league and anybody that honestly believes he's going to magically get better on a new team next year is kidding themselves.

7 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I still think NP is the better player simply because of upside and prototypical NFL QB ability. And pretty sure that's why McD made the move against the chargers even though it backfired in spectacular Bills fashion. Also same reason he isn't committing to Taylor the rest of the season and beyond next week because pretty sure we'll see NP again after the Pats destroy us and Taylor continues to throw 3 yard passes and run out of bounds on 3rd down when we are down 14+ points to the Patriots.

TT has hit whatever ceiling he has in this league and anybody that honestly believes he's going to magically get better on a new team next year is kidding themselves.

Upside?! He certainly has the lowest floor ever historically speaking. NP will never be better than Tyrod.

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

5 turnovers has an effect on defense. Field position, morale, stamina. No game is a given, knowing that is just common sense.

I truly do not understand how people can claim this, they're a decent team that can be played close if you protect the football, since when did the Chargers become the best team ever?

The sentiment on this board is that the Chargers were always going to win that game, so we might as well throw 5 picks while we lose. #logic

Most of us watching the game saw the Chargers demolishing the Bills at the line of scrimmage.  Sure had TT started the game it would very likely have been much closer but would his presence been enough to overcome the rest of the team getting its butt kicked?  Doubtful.  I really don't understand at all the criticism of McD on the decision to start NP.  Frankly I think he's looking pretty darned wise right now.  TT certainly earned his spot on the bench and in doing so the Bills have:

A. The same record they likely would otherwise have

B. Got TT's attention for sure which might now make him a better player going forward

C. Got a brief look at NP which certainly will lead to him learning and working harder at his craft

Unlike TT who has played enough in his career now to be judged,  NP is at the very beginning of his career and none of us can predict how good a QB he may or may not become.  Hindsight at the end of the season will provide a broader view than it does now. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Most of us watching the game saw the Chargers demolishing the Bills at the line of scrimmage.  Sure had TT started the game it would very likely have been much closer but would his presence been enough to overcome the rest of the team getting its butt kicked?  Doubtful.  I really don't understand at all the criticism of McD on the decision to start NP.  Frankly I think he's looking pretty darned wise right now.  TT certainly earned his spot on the bench and in doing so the Bills have:

A. The same record they likely would otherwise have

B. Got TT's attention for sure which might now make him a better player going forward

C. Got a brief look at NP which certainly will lead to him learning and working harder at his craft

Unlike TT who has played enough in his career now to be judged,  NP is at the very beginning of his career and none of us can predict how good a QB he may or may not become.  Hindsight at the end of the season will provide a broader view than it does now. 

ludicrous assumption