Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

4 hours ago, jr1 said:

Tyrod beat Ryan, Carr, Winston and Smith this season

oh god, these types of analyses are ridiculous, and prove nothing.

Did Tyrod "beat" them?  did they have a boxing match or something?   just dumb.   

The BILLS beat those teams,  tightwad (a moron) had his part and didnt do much to lose those games while the other defenses didnt do as much as our defense did to stop their QB.  

all of those games aside from the raiders were close at the end and could have all been losses thanks to tightwad not being able to get just 3 more points in any of those matches. He can barely get first downs most games.  Today was another joke of a game where we cant score or get a first down the stretch with the game on the line.

7 minutes ago, grb said:

I admit to being amazed about this. Taylor is (at minimum) an average NFL starter. He seems to be a consummate professional, a good teammate,  and a class act.

How in the world does he inspire such irrational hate ?!?

Really don't hate the guy.  I didn't hate EJ, JP and the rest.  All great guys, but great guys don't win the Lombardi.  I agree that TT is average, and he may get us to the playoffs.  I just don't think that gets us any closer to the Lombardi.  It we want to be great in 2-3 years, we need to find the guy.  Is Peterman the guy?  Many have already thrown him on the trash heap.  I would like to see him play for 3 games.

4 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Look at the teams that lost today.  Every QB threw picks.  Look at the teams that lost to us.  Their QB threw picks.  Guess what Tyrod doesn't do?  Any questions.

He doesn't make the big plays to put teams away.  Instead, he lets teams stick around.  Could have put the nail in the coffin on that throw to O'leary.  He doesn't lose us the game but he also doesn't win us the game.  Hence he's an average QB

40 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What did Taylor not do today.  He was handcuffed and got the most out of the offense based on the lousy playcalling of Dennison.  

The Bills offense is difficult to watch, but stop blaming Tyrod.....  

Who else do you blame for making a lousy pass over the middle that could've put us in position to go up two scores?  How about stop making excuses for Tyrod...he most certainly did not make most out of Dennison's playcalling.  Almost got picked off on that duck of a throw to Charles Clay.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He doesn't make the big plays to put teams away.  Instead, he lets teams stick around.  Could have put the nail in the coffin on that throw to O'leary.  He doesn't lose us the game but he also doesn't win us the game.  Hence he's an average QB

Who else do you blame for making a lousy pass over the middle that could've put us in position to go up two scores?  How about stop making excuses for Tyrod...he most certainly did not make most out of Dennison's playcalling.  Almost got picked off on that duck of a throw to Charles Clay.  

Are you complaining about 2 completions?  Wow justt wow......  Now long completions aren't good enough?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

So now it's Taylor's fault for not putting teams away. If you truly feel Dennison called a solid game today, I don't know what else to tell you.  That garbage series before the Chiefs' final drive epitomized Dennison IMO.  He was calling plays like there was 30 seconds left in the game instead of 2-1/2 minutes.  How about you go play action ONE time to catch those guys sleeping?  And please don't talk about trust....that's a BS response.  Like they really trusted Peterman so much that they let him throw five picks in one half?!?!  

Dennison better get his stuff together for next week.  If he's not on point, the Bills don't stand a chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Really don't hate the guy.  I didn't hate EJ, JP and the rest.  All great guys, but great guys don't win the Lombardi.  I agree that TT is average, and he may get us to the playoffs.  I just don't think that gets us any closer to the Lombardi.  It we want to be great in 2-3 years, we need to find the guy.  Is Peterman the guy?  Many have already thrown him on the trash heap.  I would like to see him play for 3 games.

Peterman is not the guy. I would like us to have a chance to make the playoffs. Not see Peterman play in an otherwise tirefire offense.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Almost got picked off on that duck of a throw to Charles Clay.  

I see how this works.  If Peterman or any other QB in the league had thrown that pass, you would've lauded the QB's timing and guts to throw into a very tight window.  But with Taylor, it was almost picked off and a duck to boot.  Hahaha......some of you people are amazing!!!  

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Peterman is not the guy. I would like us to have a chance to make the playoffs. Not see Peterman play in an otherwise tirefire offense.

He might not be the guy this year......but to dismiss him after one game is folly

We are actually damn lucky TT did not have a pick for a TD today....Peters totally screwed up.

Still....I get the arguement.....fans dont want conditions to have to be perfect in order to beat good teams.....we need to be able to win some games even when the defense is not good.

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't think anyone can say that Peterman is not the guy.  I am resigned to the fact that he won't play as long as our playoff hopes are alive, but I would still like to see if he is the guy.  I'm just saying that I'd rather be eliminated as soon as possible, and take a better look at Peterman, than go to the playoffs with a QB that will not be here next year, and is not the guy.

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I don't think anyone can say that Peterman is not the guy.  I am resigned to the fact that he won't play as long as our playoff hopes are alive, but I would still like to see if he is the guy.  I'm just saying that I'd rather be eliminated as soon as possible, and take a better look at Peterman, than go to the playoffs with a QB that will not be here next year, and is not the guy.

o_O and I'd rather watch the Bills in the playoffs

27 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Uh huh. You'd willingly sabotage the Bills' first playoff appearance in 17 years just not to see Taylor play a few more games.

Your words : And I may be the only person who doesn't want to go to the playoffs this year if it means playing TT for the remaining games.

Supposedly this isn't motivated by spite,  but because playing Nate Gawdforsaken Peterman a few games this year (somehow) brings the Bills closer to Super Bowl victory.

Is that really the best explanation you've got?

Edited by grb
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, grb said:

Uh huh. You'd willingly sabotage the Bills' first playoff appearance in 17 years just not to see Taylor play a few more games.

Your words : And I may be the only person who doesn't want to go to the playoffs this year if it means playing TT for the remaining games.

Supposedly this isn't motivated by spite,  but because playing Nate Gawdforsaken Peterman a few games this year (somehow) brings the Bills closer to Super Bowl victory.

Is that really the best explanation you got?

I'm honestly surprised how many people think this way

20 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Right there with ya Ga Boy...Bulldog  and others feel similarly....Tyrod does nothing for us but hurt our chances at being great imo.  

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm honestly surprised how many people think this way

I think it it possible to not hate TT, and think he's not the guy.  I wish TT was the guy, because I think he's good guy.   Yall are convinced that Peterman is not the guy.  I don't see why making the playoffs this year  is so important.  I'd rather see if Peterman is the guy, and use those 2 firsts on OL.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ga boy said:

I think it it possible to not hate TT, and think he's not the guy.  I wish TT was the guy, because I think he's good guy.   Yall are convinced that Peterman is not the guy.  I don't see why making the playoffs this year  is so important.  I'd rather see if Peterman is the guy, and use those 2 firsts on OL.

Learning how to win games late you need to get into the playoffs, preparing for and then playing in a playoff game is very good experience for any player. 

• Like (+1) 1

Real question:  What is the point of this thread?  

I don't ask to be a jerk, but really, do we need to even discuss this?  The FO and Staff have made it pretty clear they are going to seek at the VERY MINIMUM competition for Tyrod this offseason, and almost certainly draft a QB high...otherwise they wouldn't have benched him in the middle of a playoff hunt for a 5th round QB with a weak college resume in both wins and comp %.  

So finding plays every week to somehow reassure this point seems futile at this point...just saying.

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

BECAUSE THE PLAYOFFS IS WHAT EVERY TEAM COMPETES FOR