Pelgua and the Front office

I wanted to quickly point out that this is the first gm that Terry and Kim Hired .  The current front office is still waiting for the first offseason.  

Yes he made a mistake with Rex but that situation got thrown at him rather quickly.  Hiring coaches isn't always an exact science , look at the Giants.  The picked a guy developed him and pushed out a 2 time super bowl winning for coach and now have a disaster .  I wonder what a Whaley and Marrone team would have accomplished.  I do know that Whaley had brought the talent level up the point the team won 9 games without a qb.   

Lets see what the next few years bring.  Mcd is another issue. but the Gm is still in the first inning. 

1 minute ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Sky is falling..

Nobody expected anything from this team this season.  The wins were probably as shocking to the front office as they are to fans.  

For sure Beane is just starting, but he has done a lot already and set the stage for opinions to be formed about him. 

Watkins, Seymour, Darby, Ragland, Dareus, Benjamin. Extended Eric Wood's contract. 

He he needs to hit immediately on picks because his roster is paper thin. 

5 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I wanted to quickly point out that this is the first gm that Terry and Kim Hired .  The current front office is still waiting for the first offseason.  

Yes he made a mistake with Rex but that situation got thrown at him rather quickly.  Hiring coaches isn't always an exact science , look at the Giants.  The picked a guy developed him and pushed out a 2 time super bowl winning for coach and now have a disaster .  I wonder what a Whaley and Marrone team would have accomplished.  I do know that Whaley had brought the talent level up the point the team won 9 games without a qb.   

Lets see what the next few years bring.  Mcd is another issue. but the Gm is still in the first inning. 

I want to correct that this is the 2Nd offseason and McD and Beane deserve criticism for this Roster 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So basically you're saying - just wait longer? 

...naw just fire everybody.......Buffalo could become the NFL trend setter.....no GM, HC or his staff as well as ANY player NEVER receives anything more than a one year contract....think about it....ALL office doors and ALL players' unis could have names affixed in velchro saving thousands of dollars resulting in lower ticket prices.....

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

For sure Beane is just starting, but he has done a lot already and set the stage for opinions to be formed about him. 

Watkins, Seymour, Darby, Ragland, Dareus, Benjamin. Extended Eric Wood's contract. 

He he needs to hit immediately on picks because his roster is paper thin. 

this is more about Terry , he gets killed a lot over his choices I am just saying this is his first Gm 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...naw just fire everybody.......Buffalo could become the NFL trend setter.....no GM, HC or his staff as well as ANY player NEVER receives anything more than a one year contract....think about it....ALL office doors and ALL players' unis could have names affixed in velchro saving thousands of dollars resulting in lower ticket prices.....

The NFLPA often talks about guaranteed contracts, they say that could be one of the by-products of it.  Other than the super stars, the lower level players all get one year contracts only.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The NFLPA often talks about guaranteed contracts, they say that could be one of the by-products of it.  Other than the super stars, the lower level players all get one year contracts only.

....HINT: "sarcasm".......the TBD yipsters get ripe with their yippings during a holiday week when day care is closed and parents allow surfing unsupervised.....the "fire everybody" crap just deflates and impedes any real football discussion......PG-13 is here, sadly...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....HINT: "sarcasm".......the TBD yipsters get ripe with their yippings during a holiday week when day care is closed and parents allow surfing unsupervised.....the "fire everybody" crap just deflates and impedes any real football discussion......PG-13 is here, sadly...........

No I get that it was sarcasm.  My point was if the NFLPA gets what they want, it may not be so far fetched to see this happen.  And actually it was the head of their union who brought up the one year contract fears in that "yeah maybe it's not something we really want"

I asked this on two different threads and no one has answered. I would think someone would know.

Who told or recommended ownership to hire these two first timers, McD and Beane, or did

they just throw darts at all the NFL assistants on the board?