Pelgua and the Front office

13 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I asked this on two different threads and no one has answered. I would think someone would know.

Who told or recommended ownership to hire these two first timers, McD and Beane, or did

they just throw darts at all the NFL assistants on the board?

Both McDermott and Beane were on that NFL advisory panel's short list of recommended coaching/GM candidates (the committee Bill Polian, Charley Casserly, Ernie Accorsi etc. is on). So they definitely weren't just throwing darts at a board. 

I know it was written that Doug Whaley helped assemble the list of coaching candidates. But the rumor was that Bill Polian was in Pegula's ear and highly recommended McDermott to him. Not sure if it's true or not though. 

The owners kept the bills in Buffalo period.  We should be grateful.  I think some people just do not get it.  Would u be happier with the Toronto bills please get a life   If they do not buy the bills the next highest bidder was the Bon Jovi Toronto group.  Quit bashing them.  They are keeping the bills in Buffalo and they will not be selling them. New topic 

Edited by Dunkirk Don
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1