Bills - Bolts Film Report~ We Just Aren't Very Good ~ No Quitting Seen

29 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I do think I noticed a lack of a "Snarl Factor" for some part of our guys. Like Richie Incognito takes shots at people (legal clean but not fun) until the whistle. Or on plays that go the opposite way, in which others watch, he runs through his side pancaking guys. Why? I think he thinks, it is because he is Richie Incognito and we are the Buffalo Bills is why.

"Incognito's House of Pancakes Open 24/7"

The good football linemen love to bring the nasty.  Wood said "you can do things on the football field that are severely illegal anywhere else".Ever hear that clip of Bruce Smith talking about his sacks, where he smiled and said "I love that sound they make"

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wish our media would watch some film so they could ask McWrestler some real questions.  The snarky guys could have fun with your intel:

"Coach, on that play where Gaines saw a butterfly and ran off to see it, leaving Allen open like a Black Friday Walmart, what was actually going on?"

I wish they would do it for two reasons.

Most importantly would be, so I don't have to do it.

Second is if they had a smart person doing it, it could make the team better. A smart media could genuinely point out things they do not know. 

I would ask if I could. Mularkey had a radio show and I would call in. Sometimes he would take my point under advisement. Sometimes he would explain or teach me something, and sometimes I was just wrong.

Like one time I called in and I was pretty annoyed and I was polite but I am sure I sounded mad. I asked him why he was looking at a big card with plays on there on the sideline during a game. The snark slipped through when I said "Don't you know your own offense?"

He explained that they have lists of plays for certain circumstances drawn up in advance. And all the depends on quarter, down, distance, who is in the game, who the opponent has in the game, what they saw on film, and odds, and so on. 

So I learned something and then it made perfect sense to me why he did that. Nobody could do all that in their head in 10 seconds.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Incognito's House of Pancakes Open 24/7"

The good football linemen love to bring the nasty.  Wood said "you can do things on the football field that are severely illegal anywhere else".Ever hear that clip of Bruce Smith talking about his sacks, where he smiled and said "I love that sound they make"

Thank you for that. Lifts my spirit! woot woot.

Wow... you actually did this for that game?!?! 

I have to ask why?

Was it primarily to see if the players quit.

If not... good... I guess...?

Anyway, it really was a fantastic job.

I think the comments about Taylor standing between us and the 1st and 2nd pick is a mixed bag considering the waffling our coach is doing.

Thanks for the work! :thumbsup:

But whyyyyyy?! 0:)

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow... you actually did this for that game?!?! 

I have to ask why?

Was it primarily to see if the players quit.

If not... good... I guess...?

Anyway, it really was a fantastic job.

I think the comments about Taylor standing between us and the 1st and 2nd pick is a mixed bag considering the waffling our coach is doing.

Thanks for the work! :thumbsup:

But whyyyyyy?! 0:)

I asked myself that plenty of times while I did it. Why am I doing this??

So I know the answer! It is partly for what you say. I wanted to see why this collapse happened. A big part of that was to see if they quit.

Also I wondered if they were being bullied. Which may sound strange. But in the past when the Bills did not have players who retaliate against the shenanigans that go  on in piles etc, some teams would take advantage of that. (they were not being bullied except Bosa did poke Dawkins in the eye. but that could have been an accident, at least mostly)(One of the things Spikes used to do was take care of problems like that if it was an offensive player)

Also in the past I have seen pretty clear evidence that other teams had our signals or game plan or somehow knew what we would run.(They knew the scheme that is for sure. Maybe better than some of our players do. You can get that off film so no cheating there. But I don't think they had anything else except knowing when the ball would be snapped in the shotgun) 

Or, some wondered if some players let the Chargers get at Peterman on purpose? (The answer is no)

But for some reason I really had to know what was happening. And nobody in the media will do all that work. They write about stuff like how tyrod should handle his anger at being benched, and if McD will admit he made a mistake, and if he is "in over his head" and if he has "lost the team" and all kinda soap opera stuff that I personally could write in one hour just out of my behind,which is what I believe they do.

Or even if they do write something that is supposed to be analysis, it might say something like 'Even extra blocking did not help Peterman" and say the Bills kept an extra blocker in, which they did. But not say that the blocker did not help with Bosa on any of the hurries or sacks. Not once.  Which again tells me somebody told them yeah we kept a blocker in and they wrote it. But did not watch to see if that was legit, which it wasn't. If it is important to a person to know if the extra blocker *actually blocked anyone* which they did not, you have to look yourself.

Sorry for the rant there!

I knew if I wanted to know what was happening, I had to do it myself. I did want to know very badly. So I did it myself, is why I did that :)

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

I think out 2 biggest issues on defense right now are age and lack of speed. I don’t feel like this zone is ever going to be great, regardless of the players...but when you look at a team that plays a similar scheme at a high level (Carolina) they have an all world difference maker at LB. they also have 2 interior DTs that are excellent in run support. Having that guy in the middle that can run and cover can help shrink some of those holes in the zone. It also can do wonders in run support. I know that Milano is nowhere near “that guy” but my god, Preston Brown is the worst player on the field. We are never going to be a good defense with him as MLB. This team has so many other issues that I’m not able to say it’s a 1 step fix, but the first step to fixing this defense is putting Milano in and taking Brown out. All we keep hearing is that everything is being evaluated and we need to see rookies play, then why are Milano and Vallejo on the bench? Brown and Alexander are killing us. Get some youth injected into the heart of this Defense and let’s see if we can’t spark a fire down the stretch.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Fantastic writeup.  Read every word and got a lot of insight and I've been following the Bills since 1960.  Great job.

I can recall seeing an early play where it was 3rd and short for a first down.  The screen showed the Charger receiver on the right side with a Bill at least 7 yards off the line.  Rivers got the snap and fired the ball to him.  Naturally, the receiver was wide open and he got the needed yardage very easily.  What was the Bill thinking or what scheme was run to leave the receiver wide open?  (Rhetorical question) 

Edited by bobm

On 11/26/2017 at 7:40 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Post more often.  Way more often.

Ok Coach. Here is one more post right away!

On 11/26/2017 at 8:51 AM, CSBill said:

Great stuff! The video evidence of Hyde and Gaines being totally lost and out of position was telling. Is that scheme or stupidity? And I wonder how often it happens?

I don't know how often but I wonder too. 

The thing for me is, I think nobody playing cornerback could think that was a good idea or made any sense. So even if the play call was working out wrong, I think they would have to have enough flexibility to adjust and not just run away from their man.

The more I think about it and see the pictures, I don't think Gaines even knew Allen wasn't behind him any more.

Gaines was looking back over his shoulder at Rivers the whole time.  I wonder if the Bolts saw that he does this, and put in a play to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately there is no way to ask this staff any questions. They are behind layers of people. And the press are seemingly unaware or uninterested in things like this and would rather keep writing about Tyrod Taylor . It is very frustrating for me because I would really love to hear the reason that happened.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:04 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think out 2 biggest issues on defense right now are age and lack of speed. I don’t feel like this zone is ever going to be great, regardless of the players...but when you look at a team that plays a similar scheme at a high level (Carolina) they have an all world difference maker at LB. they also have 2 interior DTs that are excellent in run support. Having that guy in the middle that can run and cover can help shrink some of those holes in the zone. It also can do wonders in run support. I know that Milano is nowhere near “that guy” but my god, Preston Brown is the worst player on the field. We are never going to be a good defense with him as MLB. This team has so many other issues that I’m not able to say it’s a 1 step fix, but the first step to fixing this defense is putting Milano in and taking Brown out. All we keep hearing is that everything is being evaluated and we need to see rookies play, then why are Milano and Vallejo on the bench? Brown and Alexander are killing us. Get some youth injected into the heart of this Defense and let’s see if we can’t spark a fire down the stretch.

They did play Milano more yesterday. I hope he helps. Mind you he has made some bad mistakes. In one of the pictures his error cost us a 21 yard TD.

But at least he is a rookie and will get better. So I hope he gets some reps.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:38 AM, bobm said:

Fantastic writeup.  Read every word and got a lot of insight and I've been following the Bills since 1960.  Great job.

I can recall seeing an early play where it was 3rd and short for a first down.  The screen showed the Charger receiver on the right side with a Bill at least 7 yards off the line.  Rivers got the snap and fired the ball to him.  Naturally, the receiver was wide open and he got the needed yardage very easily.  What was the Bill thinking or what scheme was run to leave the receiver wide open?  (Rhetorical question) 

Thank you very much! That was a real nice compliment I appreciate it :)

About the rhetorical, I don't know they played with huge cushions most of the whole game.  I think that is just fear. Phillip Rivers plus fast receivers = fear. Thats the best I can make of that.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:52 AM, suorangefan4 said:

It also shows what I said a few weeks ago about Hyde and Poyer being terrible after a hot start. They were making a lot of plays early in the season but since then they've been missing a lot of tackles and been out of position quite a bit.

:(

Actually I thought Poyer did pretty well that game. Even if that is wrong I want to keep having my illusion on that one please. At least for now.

23 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yes indeed.

Baddy is a knowledgable poster and also brings a flair of entertainment which is enjoyable.

Thank you Sir 

23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is a great breakdown. So basically we have bad talent and a scheme that’s easy to solve on both offense and defense. A scheme so simple our own players can’t figure it out.

I’m gonna go look at mock drafts for a few hours.

I am not insensitive to your pain. I share it. But this made me laugh.

22 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Very good write up. Thanks for posting

Thanks!

Edited by BadLandsMeanie