Mcdermott and his crew are no different than Rex

Yeezus

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Its a sad, sad day when fans are pissed that we didnt keep Rex............i almost puked a little in my mouth even just saying that.

It just shows what the true football IQ of this board is at......

It's always a good idea to give a coaching staff more then just one off-season to get things turned around. Rex walked into a job with a good defence and an offence that needed fixing. During his time here they didn't look like they were going to turn things around and now they have a coach and GM that are doing exactly what the fans were screaming for, to blow everything up and rebuild which is what they are doing. But since they can't just forfeit seasons until the build their team  They have to balance the roster and try to compete while rebuilding. That's usually done by collecting picks and filling the roster with experienced veterans. This team has a large amount of picks in the next draft and will have roster space and some cap space to make some more changes for next year.

I liked to believe Sean was a big upgrade, but these losses are historically bad. We aren't this bad talent wise. It's coaching. 

One thing about Sean vs Rex that I really hate is he is taking no blame at all. Three days ago he said he made this decision by himself, and now he's not taking any blame at all for the historically bad performance by Peterman. 

I'm no longer in Buffalo due to work, and tomorrow is going to be brutal. So embarrassing...

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

I liked to believe Sean was a big upgrade, but these losses are historically bad. We aren't this bad talent wise. It's coaching. 

One thing about Sean vs Rex that I really hate is he is taking no blame at all. Three days ago he said he made this decision by himself, and now he's not taking any blame at all for the historically bad performance by Peterman. 

I'm no longer in Buffalo due to work, and tomorrow is going to be brutal. So embarrassing...

Actually, they really are that bad talentwise. They aren't getting outcoached on the field, they are getting outplayed. Thw defence cant and wont tackle, and the receivers cant make catches that receivers k  other teams in the nfl routinely make. What player outside of McCoy and maybe Benjamin on offence would another team want thats probably an upgrade? On defence is there anyone outside of maybe Hyde? Dareus was playing so well and was in such a demand that the best they could get for him was a conditional 6th from a team who's coach had him at his best.

They lack talent

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Actually, they really are that bad talentwise. They aren't getting outcoached on the field, they are getting outplayed. Thw defence cant and wont tackle, and the receivers cant make catches that receivers k  other teams in the nfl routinely make. What player outside of McCoy and maybe Benjamin on offence would another team want thats probably an upgrade? On defence is there anyone outside of maybe Hyde? Dareus was playing so well and was in such a demand that the best they could get for him was a conditional 6th from a team who's coach had him at his best.

They lack talent

They lack talent, but 3 straight blowouts???? No team is actually this bad. Not even the browns. 

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Do you know how long bill cowher was coach in Pittsburgh? As a corollary how long did he stick around before he won a super bowl?

that guy survived multiple seasons with kordell Stewart as qb ffs. That stability in the face of adversity is why they are who they are.

They were consistently in the playoffs. Kordell Stewart went 11-5 one year. The hell are you talking about? That comparison makes 0 sense.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

The whole thing looks a mess at the moment.  How many times this season does it look like they have flip flopped on their plan?

- extending Tyrod and bringing back Kyle suggestd they wanted to compete this year

- trading away Watkins and Darby suggested they were tearing things down and preparing for next year;

- the way they played through 7 weeks suggested they were all in on 2017;

- then trading Dareus suggested they were building for 2018;

- then giving up picks for Benjamin suggested they were all in this year.

It looks like two first timers making decisions based on the latest thing thing the happens and reacting rather than following a plan.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are you drunk? 9-7 has never been considered .500

Do you need a math lesson?

I consider anything from 7-9 to 9-7 the worst kind of failure. .500 is flea-infested taint territory, it’s the worst place a team can be for an extended period. Hairsplitting knuckleheads can argue it but to me anything less than 10 wins is a failure. If you’re gonna fail, fail with glory.

edit: fat thumbs 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The whole thing looks a mess at the moment.  How many times this season does it look like they have flip flopped on their plan?

- extending Tyrod and bringing back Kyle suggestd they wanted to compete this year

- trading away Watkins and Darby suggested they were tearing things down and preparing for next year;

- the way they played through 7 weeks suggested they were all in on 2017;

- then trading Dareus suggested they were building for 2018;

- then giving up picks for Benjamin suggested they were all in this year.

It looks like two first timers making decisions based on the latest thing thing the happens and reacting rather than following a plan.  

This I can agree with. They should have done a maximum gut this year.

Edited by joesixpack

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I consider anything from 7-9 to 9-7 the worst kind of failure. .500 is flea-infested taint territory, it’s the worst place a team can be for an extended period. Hairsplitting knuckleheads can argue it but to me anything less than 10 wins is a failure. If you’re gonna fail, fail with glory.

edit: fat thumbs 

This I can agree with. They should have done a maximum gut this year.

Tell that to the 2011 Giants.