Give Peterman the start vs. the Chargers - and -

Punt75

48 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

And how exactly is this a myth?

Is your hatred for Taylor so over-the-top that you do not recognize that he has some strengths -- namely his mobility that really does set him apart from other QBs in the league?

My argument simply is that this strength does not overshadow all of the shortcomings, and it is time to move on. Especially since opposing defenses all now know how to defend him.

I've seen a number of QB's escape pressure and virtual muggings.  

Other QB's can do it too.  The MYTH is that people here think ONLY Tentative Taylor can. 

Carson Wentz avoids the sack and runs for 17 yards || Redskins VS Eagles || MNF ||

Carson Wentz avoids the sack to keep the drive alive

Now there's a :censored: QB 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I've seen a number of QB's escape pressure and virtual muggings.  

Other QB's can do it too.  The MYTH is that people here think ONLY Tentative Taylor can. 

Carson Wentz avoids the sack and runs for 17 yards || Redskins VS Eagles || MNF ||

Carson Wentz avoids the sack to keep the drive alive

Now there's a :censored: QB 

But Happy Days told me Tyrod was better than that guy.

:unsure:

4 hours ago, KW95 said:

Ive been seeing this type of comment a lot on the board.  How do we know if he's good or not?  Let him play!  We might have the next Brady?  Who knows.  But it would be typical Bills to not have a plan for him.

I agree.  not saying to start him this week but a lot of people on this board have dismissed Peterman as being the next starter.  Like it's automatic the Bills will select a QB in 2018 round #1 and that QB will immediately supplant Peterman. 

If the season slips away (and it's plummetting like a rock in the ocean right now)...then give Peterman some starts towards the end and see if he can move the offense in something other than garbage time. 

If you look closely at the WRs that the new regime has acquired (most emphatically KB), they are all big receivers that fit the West Coast offense style. Given that Taylor is probably the worst fit imaginable for such an offense -- which requires quick reads and the ball coming out of the QB's hand quickly -- it would seem to me that Taylor has been here on borrowed time since McD and Beane took over, regardless of what they say.

Meanwhile, Peterman would seem to be a better fit for such an offense. Of course, we will never know if we do not see more live-game action from him. Like or not, the coaching staff opened the genie's bottle by trotting Peterman out there yesterday. I would seriously hope that they would be open to making the switch by halftime Sunday if Taylor struggles again. Let Peterman play the season out, so we know whether he really is just destined to be a career backup -- or something special. That will also affect plans for the 2018 draft. Wouldn't it be nice, after all, if Peterman DID turn out to be a decent NFL starter and we could turn our attention toward fortifying the offensive and defensive lines (as well as other areas) instead of using all that draft currency to trade up to draft another crap-shoot at QB?

i'd love to be a fly on the wall and/or hear from someone in the know just what the players are thinking as a whole. the guys gotta be talking about it. i think the defense is laying it down because the offense can't stay on the field for more than 3 downs. i know i would be pi$$ed. it gets old working with someone that just isn't cutting it and you get tired of trying to pick up the slack.

there is no way in he!! we make the playoffs with tyrod. it's plain as day how to game plan against us and given what i've seen from dennison, he's not going to be able to adjust an offensive plan to change that as long as taylor's the qb. this defense didn't just decide to be bad after the start they had.

it makes me sick to think that this staff will be so hard headed as to continue down the same path at qb until we are officially out of it and the season is lost. i get it that tt is going to start next week but when they fall behind by 10 or more....which will be well before halftime and they don't put nate in, i don't think i could stomach this team any more this year.

i would start nate this week and see if there's a spark. what do we have to lose? they can always put tt back in. this is getting embarrassing to be a fan of this team, which i have been for 44 yrs. now.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'd love to be a fly on the wall and/or hear from someone in the know just what the players are thinking as a whole. the guys gotta be talking about it. i think the defense is laying it down because the offense can't stay on the field for more than 3 downs. i know i would be pi$$ed. it gets old working with someone that just isn't cutting it and you get tired of trying to pick up the slack.

there is no way in he!! we make the playoffs with tyrod. it's plain as day how to game plan against us and given what i've seen from dennison, he's not going to be able to adjust an offensive plan to change that as long as taylor's the qb. this defense didn't just decide to be bad after the start they had.

it makes me sick to think that this staff will be so hard headed as to continue down the same path at qb until we are officially out of it and the season is lost. i get it that tt is going to start next week but when they fall behind by 10 or more....which will be well before halftime and they don't put nate in, i don't think i could stomach this team any more this year.

i would start nate this week and see if there's a spark. what do we have to lose? they can always put tt back in. this is getting embarrassing to be a fan of this team, which i have been for 44 yrs. now.

No. They just aren't getting the job done these last two weeks. Period. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. They just aren't getting the job done these last two weeks. Period. 

you can't expect a defense to be stout against a team that runs it 20 straight times and you are back on the field after constant 3 and outs. how was this defense ranked through the first 6 games and what made them drop so far so fast?

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

you can't expect a defense to be stout against a team that runs it 20 straight times and you are back on the field after constant 3 and outs. how was this defense ranked through the first 6 games and what made them drop so far so fast?

Give me a break! The defense sucked from the start to the end of the game. Stop the blame shifting and excuse making.  They couldn't rush the passer, cover receivers, or stop the run with the Saints' punter taking the day off. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This team is broken on both sides of the ball right now.  I'm sorry to say it but Taylor is just not good enough to run this team.  He holds onto the ball for far too much time and just isn't willing to throw his receivers open.  It's so painfully obvious.  The defense can't stop anyone right now.  Most times, when you tell me that Drew Brees passes for 184 yards and no TD's, I'm going to tell you that they lost.  The Saints just shellacked em.  In terms of Peterman, I wouldn't start him until the Colts game.  3 more losses puts them at 5-7 and they can use the last 4 games of the season to see what he looks like as a starter.  At some point, we have to know what we have in him before the draft next year.  I can't believe for a second that there's no part of our front office that isn't asking this question.  There's no way that you waste a first round pick if you think you have your guy.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Give me a break! The defense sucked from the start to the end of the game. Stop the blame shifting and excuse making.  They couldn't rush the passer, cover receivers, or stop the run with the Saints' punter taking the day off. 

Of the Saints first 8 drives, 7 made it to the red zone. The 8th was the end of the 1st half kneel down. One of those 7 started in the red zone after the INT. The other 6 averaged 9 plays and 68.5 yards each. The Bills went 3 and out 3 times in that span.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Of the Saints first 8 drives, 7 made it to the red zone. The 8th was the end of the 1st half kneel down. One of those 7 started in the red zone after the INT. The other 6 averaged 9 plays and 68.5 yards each. The Bills went 3 and out 3 times in that span.

thanks for making that point. how many times do you hear our guys say that it is to our advantage to keep grinding the run game and wear the opponent down as the game goes on. well, thanks to our bad qb and all the 3 and outs, that worked very well against us. if tt had brees's stats and we had the run game, everyone would be calling it a perfect plan. well, it worked against us yesterday. tyrod is just flat out not an nfl qb. a change of pace backup, sure but no way in he!! are we going anywhere with him starting.

i remember all the ej,slow eyes, check down,quick to scramble points and we are seeing that 2.0. back to my original post though, i would love to know how the players collectively feel about the subject.

Starting Peterman this week is a good week to get ready for the KC NE games. I know LA has a good D but who has confidence in Tyrod to do anything but lose this game.

With Tyrod we already know it's fail but we don't know with Peterman, play him. We are drafting a QB in 2018 anyway lets see Peterman and give him the experence so he is more ready for next season.

What if is doesnt work out? Wouldnt that demolish TT confidence?

How could you go back after replacing him

I think once you do that youre saying youre moving on from him.

Very delicate situation.

It was stupid declaring him a starter from the get go, just like it 

was stupid drafting ej and declaring him a starter.

Bad for the team, bad for the player. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Tyrod has 1 half of football remaining (minimum). If we are losing by 10 by halftime, it is up to the coach to save the season. They have no loyalty to Tyrod and I believe they will do what is best for that 6th seed. 

I agree.  At the same time if you are at the point of second, third chances, and looking for a point in the game to make a change do it now.  Give the kid a full week of reps and a gameplan around his abilities.

7 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Very delicate situation.

You dont go back.  Peterman can go 11 for 20 with 50 yards and an INT but atleast he is a rookie and not a 7 year vet.  I would try to use taylor as a wildcat role if he was up for it.

10 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Very delicate situation.

Why would anyone want to go back to Rex QB?

Going to be drafting a QB in 2018 anyway let it roll man if Peterman works out great if it doesn't we are no worse then when Tyrod was in with his 54 yards

We know the OL sucked and the DL sucked.  Unfortunately, TT sucked as well.  Let's face it, he is not the quarterback of the future for this team.  Peterman is more decisive and may not be ready, but you need to find out what you have before the draft.  I am all for letting him start now, but am pretty sure that we'll be below .500 before the coaches pull the trigger on it.  

22 minutes ago, davspo said:

We know the OL sucked and the DL sucked.  Unfortunately, TT sucked as well.  Let's face it, he is not the quarterback of the future for this team.  Peterman is more decisive and may not be ready, but you need to find out what you have before the draft.  I am all for letting him start now, but am pretty sure that we'll be below .500 before the coaches pull the trigger on it.  

Easiest way to hide an Oline and protect the qb.  Get the ball out.  3 step drops are the hardest to defend.  When it takes 3 steps and hitch or two it is not going to work.  That fits Peterman's game not Taylor's.  Now what will it take for Peterman to earn it?  I do not think he can.  If Milano couldnt surplant Humber i dont think Peterman sees the field unless its an exectutive order from the top.  

19 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Peterman looked more decisive in his limited time than Tyrod looked all afternoon. He looks far more willing to try and push the ball downfield.

Not willing but determined to. That is two steps ahead of TT.

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tyrod is done. I think the team has quit on him. He's never shown any level of leadership or trying to pump up his players. He's like a zombie. Never see anger, emotion or any indication of trying to inspire his teammates. He's just a very fast and athletic backup qb scared to death to take chances.

I almost posted about the team quoting on him yesterday. I think it is a definite possibility. These guys know what a QB should do and at a certain point human nature kicks in and you say “WTF , why even try when the ball isnt gonna come out.”

These last two games have been as bad as we’ve seen from Jerkron or Greggo. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dulles said:

Punt75, you'll get used to the expected standards...don't post a new one until you've searched the Wall.  It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will start many threads, but if you find your topic, you'll also find plenty of good conversation.  

I'm new - I'll try!  I didn't realize how long some members have been part of this board!

42 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

I'm new - I'll try!  I didn't realize how long some members have been part of this board!

I think some people have been part of this board longer than they have been part of their families. :)  
I've been reading this for over 10 years, member and posting for 4...I have no idea how people get such high post counts!