Tyrod 9/17 for 53 yards through 3 quarters. FRANCHISE QB!

BigDingus

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Looked back at the game.  First drive we scored.  Second drive, penalty and it's 2nd and 14, tipped pass then 3rd and 14.  Third drive McCoy runs for -5, Taylor completes a 6 yard pass and then Thompson runs for -5.  Fourth drive Taylor runs for 7 on a second and 9 then Thompson drops that beautiful deep throw on 3rd and 2.  Next drive Taylor hits a 9 yard pass on 2nd and 10 then Tolbert gets stuffed on 3rd and 1.  That's just the first half.  Someone tell me where Taylor could have done something different.

So you’re going with the Tyrod did everything he possibly could argument huh? Bold strategy. Best of luck with that.

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Looked back at the game.  First drive we scored.  Second drive, penalty and it's 2nd and 14, tipped pass then 3rd and 14.  Third drive McCoy runs for -5, Taylor completes a 6 yard pass and then Thompson runs for -5.  Fourth drive Taylor runs for 7 on a second and 9 then Thompson drops that beautiful deep throw on 3rd and 2.  Next drive Taylor hits a 9 yard pass on 2nd and 10 then Tolbert gets stuffed on 3rd and 1.  That's just the first half.  Someone tell me where Taylor could have done something different.

Mind you I don't think Taylor is "franchise" or something but if you don't have a decent understanding of where things are going wrong it's hard to claim you know how to fix them.  At the moment I think Dennison sucks.  That's our biggest problem.

Sure 1st drive make an accurate throw and get the TD. 

Now those other drives you mention the throws go look at the other routes instead of reading the play by play

It's not a strategy ............ look at it.  Tipped passes, penalties, negative runs, and drops.  Not a whole hell of a lot to work with.  Don't confuse this with saying he played a great game.  I wish he had squezed in that first throw to KB in the end zone ect but that said people get all crazy when you say it's not all him.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

It's not a strategy ............ look at it.  Tipped passes, penalties, negative runs, and drops.  Not a whole hell of a lot to work with.  Don't confuse this with saying he played a great game.  I wish he had squezed in that first throw to KB in the end zone ect but that said people get all crazy when you say it's not all him.

He played like absolute trash today and there is no way to spin that.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Now those other drives you mention the throws go look at the other routes instead of reading the play by play

The other drives, 3 out of 5, we ran on 3rd and got stuffed or someone dropped a pass.  So it's easy to say he didn't miss a throw.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He played like absolute trash today and there is no way to spin that.

Show me.  I watched the game.  Didn't think he played great but certainly lack of running game and drops hurt.  Line can't block and the play calling sucked.  Seems like a suck hat trick.  I'm not trying to spin it that he played great but you sure as hell can't point at him and say the problems start and end there.

Show me.  I watched the game.  Didn't think he played great but certainly lack of running game and drops hurt.  Line can't block and the play calling sucked.  Seems like a suck hat trick.  I'm not trying to spin it that he played great but you sure as hell can't point at him and say the problems start and end there.

Ha ha ha line was real good in pass pro today

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

TT is holding onto the ball too long............he needs to get it out within 2-3 seconds.

Yes and no.  They are looking for these short passes.  Setting up short clogging the run, stopping the scrambling and making short passes harder.  We actually need to start hitting deeper routes but the line can't block long enough to do that without negative plays like sacks.  We aren't creative enough with the screen game to beat it that way either.

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I get that the poster doesn't want to bring up Tyrod's shortcomings but there is a point that I think Dennison is a horrible OC.

Or is Dennisons play calling handicapped by horrible QB play. Maybe if the QB checked out of bad and into better plays at the line, Dennison would look better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PeterGriffin said:

Or is Dennisons play calling handicapped by horrible QB play. Maybe if the QB checked out of bad and into better plays at the line, Dennison would look better. 

No it is never a QB handcuffs a OC. Always the other way around

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Show you what? That he played like trash? You need me to do that despite you saying you watched the game? Do you not have eyes? 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Show you what? That he played like trash? You need me to do that despite you saying you watched the game? Do you not have eyes? 

What's the matter ........... should be easy for you.  I'll even spot you the first two throws to KB.  After that though, tell me which drives did Taylor kill with horrible QB play.  Again I watched the game.  I guess I missed it ........... but here's your chance.  Tell me about it instead of just the token he sucks.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

In all honest and this is not to defend Tyrod Taylor

He could have been accurate on those early passes to KB and he scores that td and I think we STILL lose this game......the saints were literally walking in for their touchdowns

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

What's the matter ........... should be easy for you.  I'll even spot you the first two throws to KB.  After that though, tell me which drives did Taylor kill with horrible QB play.  Again I watched the game.  I guess I missed it ........... but here's your chance.  Tell me about it instead of just the token he sucks.

3rd and 12.  Tolbert for 6.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

In all honest and this is not to defend Tyrod Taylor

He could have been accurate on those early passes to KB and he scores that td and I think we STILL lose this game......the saints were literally walking in for their touchdowns

Ooo i agree. They could have scored that first drive and was going to lose this game. I said that as much 9 days ago this was going to be a loss 

Again I watched the game.  I guess I missed it ...........

No kidding. 

Tyrod avatar - check

Blames everyone but Tyrod - check

but tell me more about how you watched the game and he did everything he possibly could. Give me a break. If you need me to explain how he was bad today then you aren’t ready to accept it. 

No kidding. 

Tyrod avatar - check

Blames everyone but Tyrod - check

but tell me more about how you watched the game and he did everything he possibly could. Give me a break. If you need me to explain how he was bad today then you aren’t ready to accept it. 

So you can't do it?

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I for one like Tyrod to a certain degree.

But he was awful today

They wouldn't have won if he was good because their team got trashed, but there is no excusing his play today

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

3rd and 12.  Tolbert for 6.

I agree and didn't like that check down.  Again it's 3rd and 13 ......... he got Tolbert for 8 why?  Because we were in 1st and 20 in the first place.  My point, and has been all along, is that everyone needs to play better. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

What are you 12? Try watching the game again but with your eyes open this time.

That's what I thought.

I agree and didn't like that check down.  Again it's 3rd and 13 ......... he got Tolbert for 8 why?  Because we were in 1st and 20 in the first place.  My point, and has been all along, is that everyone needs to play better. 

He got Tolbert for 8 because he's a baby back B word who's afraid to play his position and make a mistake.  And because he sucks.

Edited by jmc12290

If we continue to get penalties, negative runs, bad pass protection, and drops you will never see a successful QB here and you will simply replace the name in the title of this same post every couple of years.  Everyone here gets that though ............ right?  I thought so.

What are you 12? Try watching the game again with your eyes open this time.

This Tyrod cult is unexplainable, it's unbelievable the defense a bad QB gets. I thought Bills fans wanted to win? Nobody can honestly say that Tyrod gives them the best chance to win without seeing Peterman play. 9/18 56 yards is not hard to replace. 

This goofy unconditional love for Tyrod has got to stop. He is not a good QB, how bad does he have to be in order for that to get realized? 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fine you win. Tyrod was as good as we could have possibly expected. You watched the game so you should know. We all must have watched a different Bills game today.

1 minute ago, PeterGriffin said:

This Tyrod cult is unexplainable, it's unbelievable the defense a bad QB gets. I thought Bills fans wanted to win? Nobody can honestly say that Tyrod gives them the best chance to win without seeing Peterman play. 9/18 56 yards is not hard to replace. 

This goofy unconditional love for Tyrod has got to stop. He is not a good QB, how bad does he have to be in order for that to get realized? 

I think you are reading what you want and not reading what you don't feel like reading.  I've said over and over he didn't play great.  He certainly had no help and he needs help.  Between you and the other guy I don't know what you expected but out scoring a team that runs for 300 and 6 TD's wasn't on my radar.  It has nothing to do with "love for Tyrod".  It's more having a reasonable and objective idea of what the team needs to do right for any QB to be successful.  Start Peterman next week.  I would root for him but if they can't run the ball and leave him in 3rd and long every drive with no pass protection it's going to be one hell of a afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

So you can't do it?

He passed for 56 yards...56.  

He targeted our brand new #1 WR 3 times....all on the first drive.  That’s it.

No passes completed of more than 10 yards.

Only lead our offense to 7 first downs.

Mike Tolbert was our leading WR with Taylor...3 catches 17 yards.

I think you are reading what you want and not reading what you don't feel like reading.  I've said over and over he didn't play great.  He certainly had no help and he needs help.  Between you and the other guy I don't know what you expected but out scoring a team that runs for 300 and 6 TD's wasn't on my radar.  It has nothing to do with "love for Tyrod".  It's more having a reasonable and objective idea of what the team needs to do right for any QB to be successful.  Start Peterman next week.  I would root for him but if they can't run the ball and leave him in 3rd and long every drive with no pass protection it's going to be one hell of a afternoon.

“He didn’t play great”

well at at least you’re not completely clueless.

How about more than 3 points?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but dude, he watched the game. It was everyone else that needs to get better.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Yeah but dude, he watched the game. It was everyone else that needs to get better.

You've been at this for an hour and got nothing so far ............... like I said I'll even spot you the two throws to KB that were bad.  Now name some plays he really "played like trash" on.  Stop repeating the same thing and show me you actually know what you are talking about.

You've been at this for an hour and got nothing so far ............... like I said I'll even spot you the two throws to KB that were bad.  Now name some plays he really "played like trash" on.  Stop repeating the same thing and show me you actually know what you are talking about.

You’re right. I’ve got nothing. Tyrod certainly wasn’t part of the problem today. Now you get to celebrate this internet victory with your friends in homeroom tomorrow morning.

Bailing the pocket early multiple times, and checking down on 3rd and longs all day long? You know the Bills didn't get a first down in the 2nd half until Peterman came in, right?