College Basketball 2017-2018

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

how many spots realistically held for the Atl 10 if there is no upset at the conference tourney?

This is a down year for the A-10.  Teams that usually are in the mix for at larges like Dayton/VCU/Richmond/GW are all having down years.  Assuming Rhode Island wins the tournament, the only chance for an at large is Bonnie.  If somehow RI gets dumped in the conference tourney, they will get in as an at large. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

I think it is time everybody starts taking Ohio State serious.  That was a big time win last night.  Purdue has final 4 talent & to go into their place & come out with a win, well it was one of the most impressive resume wins of the season to say the least. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

what a collapse by Purdue in the last 10 minutes with a 14?? point lead...

dozens of teams have Final 4 talent this year and those on a heat check can go pretty far

again it depends on how the committee stacks it for their pet projects...

20 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I think it is time everybody starts taking Ohio State serious.  That was a big time win last night.  Purdue has final 4 talent & to go into their place & come out with a win, well it was one of the most impressive resume wins of the season to say the least. 

I have no idea how they won that game. Haas is a monster. Listed at 7’2 300 but he made Andre Wesson look like Kaleb Wesson. Looks like Ivan Drago out there. Bucks aren’t the most talented team but they are just so incredibly well-coached and they always bring the guts. So much of that was missing the last few years. Holtmann has to be National COTY given the state of the program when he took over and where they are now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Weird game last night, especially for Golden. He was playing better( he was awful on Saturday vs Mason) , but made a boneheaded TO with about 8 minutes to go and did not get off the bench till last seconds of the game. Mooney said  Golden was so upset with himself after the with the TO he just wanted to give him a few minutes to calm down, but that was when the Spiders started their run, so he sat till the end.

Buckingham went down last night, thought it was just cramps at first, but he could not walk off on own power. He was suspended for the Mason game, and it hurt. Will be a story heading into Saturday.

Griffin for the Bonnies got hurt last night, so maybe it will be even in the injury department.............When I had checked the score, VCU looked to be up handily and I thought I read something wrong when I saw the Spiders won! 

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

Bonnies need to run the table for a chance at an at large.  Yes that means beating Rhode Island @ the RC.  Anything short of that or winning the conference tournament in March & it is NIT for Bonnie.  I would love to see Bonnie get in.  I think they could do some damage if they get in & get a good draw & they are one of the most exciting teams in the country imo.  Watched the Bonnie/Dukes game Saturday, what a great game that was. 

Yeah.  The Bonnies season is kind of like the Bills season.  As soon I was like, damn we ARE good, they then go on a WTF 2-3 week death spiral.  Not even knowing how it could be the same guys - Bills couldn't tackle, Bonnies couldn't play D, score, etc................Now the ship is righted with 5 straight - but we're in a hole and you're right.  Definitely need that RI win - I'm psyched that I'll be going down to that game, too. 

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

how many spots realistically held for the Atl 10 if there is no upset at the conference tourney?

We've had as many as 5 a few times.  3-4 a lot of years.  I can't remember if we've ever had just one bid.  But:

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

This is a down year for the A-10.  Teams that usually are in the mix for at larges like Dayton/VCU/Richmond/GW are all having down years.  Assuming Rhode Island wins the tournament, the only chance for an at large is Bonnie.  If somehow RI gets dumped in the conference tourney, they will get in as an at large. 

This is correct.  I'd say Davidson has the same chance as the Bonnies - if they take care of business and we don't.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I was there.  6 rows off the court.   

Sorry for your loss -- NOT!

Great win for a not-so-great Tar Heel squad.

Dook has become another Kentucky -- true fans can't like the fact they are now just throwing a one-year all-star team out there every year with no cohesiveness.

33 minutes ago, eball said:

Sorry for your loss -- NOT!

Great win for a not-so-great Tar Heel squad.

Dook has become another Kentucky -- true fans can't like the fact they are now just throwing a one-year all-star team out there every year with no cohesiveness.

I moved down here appreciating both teams but I can no longer say that I respect most UNC fans I get that alot of Duke fans are pains in the ass but I can't tolerate how most how are your fans are in that they literally showed no class. Only the old school boosters are reasonable. Kids were running up and down the aisles screaming and running into people bumping into people Etc one almost ran into me and would have got knocked on their ass. 

UNC fans are just like Patriots fans for those who don't know

18 hours ago, bbb said:

Griffin for the Bonnies got hurt last night, so maybe it will be even in the injury department.............When I had checked the score, VCU looked to be up handily and I thought I read something wrong when I saw the Spiders won! 

Yeah.  The Bonnies season is kind of like the Bills season.  As soon I was like, damn we ARE good, they then go on a WTF 2-3 week death spiral.  Not even knowing how it could be the same guys - Bills couldn't tackle, Bonnies couldn't play D, score, etc................Now the ship is righted with 5 straight - but we're in a hole and you're right.  Definitely need that RI win - I'm psyched that I'll be going down to that game, too. 

We've had as many as 5 a few times.  3-4 a lot of years.  I can't remember if we've ever had just one bid.  But:

This is correct.  I'd say Davidson has the same chance as the Bonnies - if they take care of business and we don't.

A-10 is a one bid league unless RI loses in the trny. I cant see any of them getting in without winning the conference.

And while I am not a UB fan per se, will be rooting for them to do well!

Edited by plenzmd1

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I moved down here appreciating both teams but I can no longer say that I respect most UNC fans I get that alot of Duke fans are pains in the ass but I can't tolerate how most how are your fans are in that they literally showed no class. Only the old school boosters are reasonable. Kids were running up and down the aisles screaming and running into people bumping into people Etc one almost ran into me and would have got knocked on their ass. 

UNC fans are just like Patriots fans for those who don't know

At the end of the day, pretty much all fans suck.  Hell, I don't like most Bills fans.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

At the end of the day, pretty much all fans suck.  Hell, I don't like most Bills fans.

Essentially yes, but I've been surprised by some fan bases that have shown quite a bit of class and restraint. I was amazed by the Atlanta fans. 

Panther fans are also subdued af

9 hours ago, bbb said:

Flirting with history means that they would make it to the Elite Eight?  Is that what this article is saying? 

I think they are saying UB is looking as strong as the Kent State team that went to the Elite Eight.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Essentially yes, but I've been surprised by some fan bases that have shown quite a bit of class and restraint. I was amazed by the Atlanta fans. 

I too was amazed by the general apathy. Is that what you meant? The city is mostly that way....

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I was there.  6 rows off the court.   

Well played, are your ears still ringing?

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

We knew we had an hour to get away from Ohio Stadium after another Wolverines football loss, after that we didn’t want to know.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

A-10 is a one bid league unless RI loses in the trny. I cant see any of them getting in without winning the conference.

And while I am not a UB fan per se, will be rooting for them to do well!

Jay Adams would have to stay this hot, but if the Bonnies win out and then win two in the tourney, they would have to be in. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think they are saying UB is looking as strong as the Kent State team that went to the Elite Eight.

God, I hate when they use history in the headline.  Makes me read it, and then I'm almost always disappointed.  And, that premise is beyond flimsy..................I also hate it when I see a headline saying something like Mountaineers make history in win over KSU - so it makes me read it.  And, it's the third time since 1992 that K State was held to 25 points in the second half...........No, history is when you do something that NEVER has been done before! 

In this case, since Bona has won 5 in a row.  UMass did in 1996, also.  UMass then made the Final Four............Since they are in the same league, Bona is flirting with history and making the Final Four!

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

I’m not much of a watcher but the A-10 HAS to be more than a one-bid conference, right???

I have no idea when last they got only one bid.  They've got at least 3 every year for the last ten, including 5 in 2013 and 6 in 2014. 

Or due to all the “top” conferences having a year with tons of extra losses for allegedly elite teams, are they going to expand the number  of Big 10 and ACC teams in March Madness?

might be the first year since the 1970s that conference tournies may mean a thing at all, back then only the winner got to go to the NCAA tournament.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

33 and bbb, here is lanardi (sp) latest bracket.only Rhode Island in. That dude is pretty spot on. Spiders out of conference way to much to overcome, Bonnies in conference killing them.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology 

I LOVE it! He’s got 6 Big East teams, more importantly he’s got Xavier starting as a 1 seed in Nashville. THAT would be perfect for me!  (And really, what else matters?) 

The Big East would have two of the #1 seeds as well. Nice! 

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

33 and bbb, here is lanardi (sp) latest bracket.only Rhode Island in. That dude is pretty spot on. Spiders out of conference way to much to overcome, Bonnies in conference killing them.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology 

But, we moved into the talk again with Lunardi, and usatoday has us in https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/314344002

I mean, we have no margin for error, but it can be done.  RPI is way better than anybody else in the conference besides Rhody:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/standings/

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I LOVE it! He’s got 6 Big East teams, more importantly he’s got Xavier starting as a 1 seed in Nashville. THAT would be perfect for me!  (And really, what else matters?) 

The Big East would have two of the #1 seeds as well. Nice! 

I may just come and join you there..your treat of course

5 minutes ago, bbb said:

But, we moved into the talk again with Lunardi, and usatoday has us in https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/314344002

I mean, we have no margin for error, but it can be done.  RPI is way better than anybody else in the conference besides Rhody:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/standings/

I am surprised Bonnie was that high on the RPI..maybe they still do have a shot. Cant lose to the Spiders tomorrow though..they lose, they ain't in without winning the trny

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I may just come and join you there..your treat of course

Before “what do we do with the condo?”  ever came up I announced that we could decide any time after March!  I’m sitting in it right now. It’s an $8-10 Uber ride to the arena - walked past it just yesterday. Cheaper than parking, and better for a lot of other reasons too! 

Xavier pulls out difficult (and somewhat amazing) win AT Creighton, at the buzzer. The first home loss of the year for the Blue Jays.

I had my son record it (I was traveling), but recording ended  with 4.6 seconds left and Creighton at the FT line with a shot to tie, and another to go up 1. DANG! Mental error on my part!  Miracle ending was caught on twitter. YAY! 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Boiler down

Two crushing last second losses in 3 days

Happens as soon as everyone says you’ll win out.