Will you confront someone with different politics then you?

18 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I mean in real life.  Like if someone expresses something against what you believe in.  Will you confront them or not out of fear of some argument escalating?   Or just depends on the person/situation 

Someone express a difference on opinion, and your question is whether or not to confront.

This is the problem with society and politics.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I mean in real life.  Like if someone expresses something against what you believe in.  Will you confront them or not out of fear of some argument escalating?   Or just depends on the person/situation 

If they are established friends. But there are too many people out there that will take it way too personally if you challenge them on some silly propaganda point they heard on Fox or something. 

I always shake my head when a Liberal friend says something bad about corporations. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The mystery of Rand Paul's beating is deepening. Perhaps the two were arguing over politics? Rand has six broken ribs and other problems

http://www.businessinsider.com/mystery-attack-rand-paul-neighbor-2017-11

Crazed leftist attacks "libertarian" senator.  Yeah, big mystery.

I think it's time we have a national conversation about leftist violence.  Enough is enough.  Stop the hate.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

I think it's time we have a national conversation about leftist violence.  Enough is enough.  Stop the hate.

Probably a pretty typical result of left vs right in straight up fight. That's why one side wants the protection of guns 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Probably a pretty typical result of left vs right in straight up fight. That's why one side wants the protection of guns 

Uh, huh

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/buzzfeed-crew-shocked-find-testosterone-levels-12-year-old-boys-video/

And to answer the question, no.  Politics is for shitposting.  Sometimes I'll shitpost IRL too but only when someone is being extremely loud and obnoxious, but that goes for everyone, not just shrieking leftists.

17 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

All signs point to the attack against Senator Paul being politically motivated -->> Rand Paul's neighbors rip media 'landscaping dispute' reports

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand-pauls-neighbors-rip-media-landscaping-dispute-reports/article/2640090

Paul was also present at the congressional baseball practice shooting in June

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

All signs point to the attack against Senator Paul being politically motivated -->> Rand Paul's neighbors rip media 'landscaping dispute' reports

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand-pauls-neighbors-rip-media-landscaping-dispute-reports/article/2640090

Paul was also present at the congressional baseball practice shooting in June

Did Randy get any shots in himself? Or did he just fold like a deck chair? 

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Of course.  Because people who disagree with me are evil and should be silenced in any way possible.  #antifa

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

No, I would not. In fact, only a total dick would. Diversity of thought and belief is the most essential form of diversity there is, and to feel a need to confront someone because they are expressing an opposing belief is only for people who can't handle true diversity or have no respect for other people's first amendment rights.

By the way, a major pet peeve of mine:

Will you confront someone with different politics THAN you?

To cause them to have a heart attack?  I used to but its no fun anymore.

I got a liberal sputtering yesterday, he was still yelling non-sequiturs at me as I laughed away walking... could hear him 20 feet away.

made my week!!!

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's more tolerable homophonic dipshittery then"You're/your" or "self of steam."

I put it on par with "your/you're", but to me "self of steam" is comic gold. I still laugh every time I see it.

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I echo what Tasker said earlier: the use of the word confront is troubling, but a sign of the times. Our political discourse has been weaponized, I argue intentionally so, in order to keep us fighting with each other rather than working together to find common ground and solutions.

There are are plenty of people on this site who I disagree with on numerous political matters (and I'm sure there are even more people here who disagree with my own political takes) but I still get along with them and work to find common ground. That's what adults have done for generations in this country, work together despite our differences. 

Our politics do not, or should not, define us. If you work to get to know someone a little bit, work to make a connection about something non controversial, then you can begin to have rational discussions. If you do that and things become too emotional for rationality (as often happens when talking politics or controversial issues) you still have some commonality to fall back on and regroup. 

If if we are going to get out of this divisive mess we are in as a population, it's going to happen by us coming together - it won't happen because some pol tells us to. 

Just my rambling opinion. :beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1