The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:
DrCnKRdX0AAdVyH.jpg:large

That's my area. Held by Ed Royce for years. The dude running against her, Gil Cisneros, is a real piece of work, but he'll likely beat her. You can only receive so  many flyers of "Kim will kill children" before people start believing it.

9 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

That's my area. Held by Ed Royce for years. The dude running against her, Gil Cisneros, is a real piece of work, but he'll likely beat her. You can only receive so  many flyers of "Kim will kill children" before people start believing it.

Gil?

GPQZmbo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

This is an interesting point (apologies language filters) that I forgot to mention: 

I mentioned previously I've been meeting with two pollsters to hear their thoughts on things while trying to learn a bit more about how they operate. About three or four weeks ago now the tide really began to shift in terms of what they were expecting to see come election day. The topic of the surprising early voting numbers came up, and how the Rs were traditionally behind in that category. This cycle they're well ahead in every state, which was surprising to both pollsters. 

The theory, and it's just that, is a lot of former democrats are voting red this election cycle and the increased numbers of early voting from Rs represents the former Ds who are continuing their old voting patterns. We will find out soon if there's any merit to that, but the increase of in those numbers nation wide had even the traditional left leaning pollster believing it was the new reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If those numbers are right, and there's reason to think they are, it's game over for the DNC for a long, long time.

If that number ever gets over 50% I predict white liberals will find a way to rationalize bringing the n-word back.

• Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Which they'll justify by claiming it was necessary to defend themselves against Republican voter suppression...

Everything is permitted when fighting actual literal Nazis.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Armed With Assault Rifles, Black Panthers March For Stacey Abrams.

Which seems quite odd, considering that the Georgia Democrat has vowed to ban the very rifles the Black Panthers are carrying.

Black-Panthers-GA.jpg

I am ***** relieved they're actually not putting their finger on the trigger. I'm okay with people carrying any rifle they ***** want, but when you're an idiot and keep your finger on the trigger they don't deserve that right. These guys know how to use those arms, I could give a ***** what they do

Historically, the "out of power" party picks up 30 to 40 seats in the first Mid-term, so it remains likely that the dems will get what they need tomorrow in the house, but I still think that they will underperform the average.

They will claim it as an historic rebuke to Trump nonetheless....................those stories are already written.....?

“The Dems only need a technical majority to take over and probably put Rep. Nunes in a wood chipper. Maxine Waters will be in charge of the Financial Services Committee. It’s gonna be crazy and when it gets crazy, Trump will win reelection in 2020.” - Liz Shield

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They will claim it as an historic rebuke to Trump nonetheless....................those stories are already written.....?

As are these stories, which are everywhere today :lol: 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-the-republicans-win-tuesday-the-reason-will-be-simple-they-cheated?ref=home

(as if they know what's about to happen)

The Democratic faithful are spooked about Tuesday

How will the blue-dyed media react if results do not go their way tomorrow night?

FTA:
While no one knows what is going to happen at the polls tomorrow, one may predict with confidence what the meaning assigned to the results will be.

1. Should the Democrats take both the Senate and the House, the correct answer on the test will be ‘Thorough repudiation of Donald Trump and all his works.’ But the Democrats will not take the Senate; indeed, they will lose three to five, possibly six seats. Which brings us to:

2. The Democrats win 40 or more seats in the House, allowing them to re-install Nancy Pelosi as Speaker, exchange Devin Nunes for Adam Schiff as head of the House Intelligence Committee, put Elijah Cummings and Maxine Waters in charge of important committees, and otherwise reprise Halloween everyday for the next two years. The meaning of that result will be the same as was assigned to 1: a thorough repudiation of Donald Trump and all his works.

3. The Democrats win 24-30 seats in the House, giving them a slender majority (they need at least 23 seats to take the House). That, too, will be hailed as a mandate from heaven, a ‘shellacking’ (as Obama put it in 2010 when he lost 63 seats in the House), but the reality will be considerably more muted. Some red-state Democrats will break ranks on various issues and a mood of tenuousness will prevail in fact if not in the press releases from the central committee.

4. The Republicans hold the House as well as add a few seats to their majority in the Senate. Ring general quarters, push the panic button, break glass and pull the emergency stop handle.

5. Is there a ‘5’? Well, yes. The last option would be that the Republicans actually pick up a seat or two in the House. I’ve heard some people express this possibility, but such data as there is suggests that it is unlikely. I include it merely for the sake of completeness and to note that, should that happen, the ringing of general quarters would turn into a disorganized rout.

Which of these scenarios is the most likely? I’d say 4 followed closely by 3. We’ll see soon enough. In the meantime, here are a few numbers to conjure with. Predictions of a blue wave in the midterms were predicated partly on a look at the electoral map and assessment of which party had the most vulnerable seats, partly on the historical observation that, most of the time, midterm elections involve a giving back of seats won by the party in power in the previous election.

More at the link: https://spectator.us/democratic-faithful-spooked/

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Nice family you have there. Be a shame if you didn't vote this year...

Democrats have finally realized that they lost the presidency on low turnout in 2016, and are doing everything they can to remedy it...

...well, everything except run a single decent candidate anywhere, at any time.  

• Like (+1) 1