Anthony Johnson

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not especially.  I wanted to check out Tyree and Anthony for myself. 

Cool. Tyree still has to clean up His motion and some accuracy concerns but he has a cannon

AJ doenst get force fed so he won’t always go 8-160-2 but he is a really tough WR to bring down and his RAC ability is impressive 

I have him as a top 12-15 WR in this class

59 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cool. Tyree still has to clean up His motion and some accuracy concerns but he has a cannon

AJ doenst get force fed so he won’t always go 8-160-2 but he is a really tough WR to bring down and his RAC ability is impressive 

He proved his mental toughness today as well. His best friend died yesterday and he had a rattlesnake in his gut. ...hotel food?

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you mean WR or top 15 pick?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Do you mean WR or top 15 pick?

Top 12-15 WR.

being a UB homer I somewhat undergrade UB players to not be too homerish... he is probably closer to top 10 WR in his class

i have him as a safe top 90-100 pick as of today

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Top 12-15 WR.

being a UB homer I somewhat undergrade UB players to not be too homerish... he is probably closer to top 10 WR in his class

i have him as a safe top 90-100 pick as of today

Drafttek has him 19 overall , which is impressive for a UB player.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Drafttek has him 19 overall , which is impressive for a UB player.

For sure. But that’s just a mock draft simulator 

there are no scouting reports or rankings up from NFL scouting reports yet

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1017913&draftyear=2019&genpos=wr

but they catalog all players and have him #13 WR. That’s really damn good and probably closer. Though should improve 

Khalil Hodge they have at #5 i think for MLB

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2018 at 10:13 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I think top 10-15 is about right for him at the moment. The Combine will be a huge opportunity for him. I'm not sure he'll test out all that great but if he does, with the kind of production he'll likely have, he could be a riser.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I think top 10-15 is about right for him at the moment. The Combine will be a huge opportunity for him. I'm not sure he'll test out all that great but if he does, with the kind of production he'll likely have, he could be a riser.

He should definitely test pretty good on the vertical jump, bench, 3 cone

his 40 should be ok. Not great, not bad. I’m thinking 4.49-4.55

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He should definitely test pretty good on the vertical jump, bench, 3 cone

his 40 should be ok. Not great, not bad. I’m thinking 4.49-4.55

I think he's slower than that but we'll see. I think he'll be close to a 4.60. If he can get under a 4.50 that'll be great for him.

Just now, DCOrange said:

I think he's slower than that but we'll see. I think he'll be close to a 4.60. If he can get under a 4.50 that'll be great for him.

He has ran unofficial 40s at UB in the high 4.4s low 4.5s

he isn’t a blazer, but watch him pick up rack yards. He’s deceptively quick

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He has ran unofficial 40s at UB in the high 4.4s low 4.5s

he isn’t a blazer, but watch him pick up rack yards. He’s deceptively quick

If those are his unofficials, I think it'll be in the 4.55-4.60 range like I was saying. Again, we'll see. I hope he turns out to be a stud at the next level (and if he does, I hope he's a Bill!).

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If those are his unofficials, I think it'll be in the 4.55-4.60 range like I was saying. Again, we'll see. I hope he turns out to be a stud at the next level (and if he does, I hope he's a Bill!).

I went to States in the 100 as a SR in HS... all my unofficial times were 11.20, 11.44 etc 

with electronic timing at states I ran a 10.99

Ive Seen AJ run at the training facilities. He’s faster than a 4.6... maybe not 4.40 but definitely not 4.6

i think a 4.50 would be ok for him with his size

Edited by Buffalo716

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Injury plagued year for AJ...

UB did not look the same without him on the field this year... Tyree does not look the same without him

Heres to the soon to be highest drafted Offensive Bull of all time 

Khalil Mack?

On 9/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I went to States in the 100 as a SR in HS... all my unofficial times were 11.20, 11.44 etc 

with electronic timing at states I ran a 10.99

Ive Seen AJ run at the training facilities. He’s faster than a 4.6... maybe not 4.40 but definitely not 4.6

i think a 4.50 would be ok for him with his size

I'm still waiting for the day when all football "times" are measured wearing pads and a helmet, and for offensive players, with and without carrying a football.

I still go back to the old reference...Jerry Rice had a slow 40-time but he ran a 4.2 on Sundays.  

I really hope the Bills can find a way to draft AJ.   Mack got away, let's hope AJ doesn't.  He's going to be very productive in the NFL.  He has great body position/control and catches with his hands.   There are reports that the Cowboys love him.  The Bills need a solid WR and gotta get this done.

Edited by zow2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.