Anthony Johnson

Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cool. Have they offered a scholarship?

a few kids I coached went to UB as olineman . They got UDFA deals in the league even though they didn't stick

they have a great strength and conditioning program 

I'm not sure he has a bunch of small schools harassing him. I know he likes Brockport and Endinburough too. He didn't like UB' s weight room, I said as long as they have a power rack that's all you need, darn kids are spoiled these days :D

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm not sure he has a bunch of small schools harassing him. I know he likes Brockport and Endinburough too. He didn't like UB' s weight room, I said as long as they have a power rack that's all you need, darn kids are spoiled these days :D

Lol

there strength coaches are top notch though 

kids routinely put on 20-30-40 LBs of good muscle over their tenure there

Khalil Mack came in a 205 LB runt lol

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Lol

there strength coaches are top notch though 

kids routinely put on 20-30-40 LBs of good muscle over their tenure there

Khalil Mack came in a 205 LB runt lol

He needs it, he's strong but not strong enough. He's goes to some sports training center (not sure where, he's plays for Roy-heart) I think they need to focus more on strength than all the athletic stuff.

On 17/11/2017 at 5:29 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Tyree is considered NFL worthy?

As someone said earlier in this thread, he's a bit inconsistent. But also remember he's only a sophomore! Already a two-year starter, imagine him in two more years? 

Try to watch the 1st Q of today's game on demand at WatchESPN. It's the J&J show. 

On 21/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I wouldn't say most intriguing 

Hes good but a long way from an NFL QB right now.  He has prototype size and athleticism 

but is very raw everywhere else 

at best he's a 5th round pick.

Anthony Johnson might go top 3 when all is said and done. He's the real deal 

UBs backup QB throws a more accurate football than Tyree. He has an NFL arm

Backup QB Drew Anderson was impressive in his stint subbing for Jackson. A real shame he's out for the year with a bum shoulder.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As someone said earlier in this thread, he's a bit inconsistent. But also remember he's only a sophomore! Already a two-year starter, imagine him in two more years? 

Try to watch the 1st Q of today's game on demand at WatchESPN. It's the J&J show. 

Backup QB Drew Anderson was impressive in his stint subbing for Jackson. A real shame he's out for the year with a bum shoulder.

Yea, it is what it is. I bet he'll get a camp tryout after next season

UB is in a great predicament with 2 good QBs...

Tyree is a more explosive athlete and fits Leipolds system a bit better with the zone reads so that's why he starts

But he has a lot of room to grow in the next two years and I expect him to get drafted when it's all said and done 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB, Western Michigan and UT-San Antonio are the 3 6-6 teams not invited to a bowl.

:o

Somebody should Tweet(c) this to Trump.  He can use the power of the Presidency and his vast fortune to create yet another Bowl featuring 6-6 teams that nobody will watch.   Let's call it the Yuge Bowl

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

:o

Somebody should Tweet(c) this to Trump.  He can use the power of the Presidency and his vast fortune to create yet another Bowl featuring 6-6 teams that nobody will watch.   Let's call it the Yuge Bowl

Eh. UB lost two one-point games thanks to missed FG's, a 10pt 4Q lead and a 7OT game. They have no right to cry. Win 7 next time.

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Wont be hidden for long...

i think with a monster year he can slide into the 3rd-4th round. Maybe even 2nd... he has great size at 6'2 210

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article196168274.html

Looks to me like a monster season would have him mid to high first?

Also, He's Jadeaveon Clownys Cousin! That's pretty cool. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article196168274.html

Looks to me like a monster season would have him mid to high first?

Also, He's Jadeaveon Clownys Cousin! That's pretty cool. 

It could happen. He's certainly built like it and is probably the best high pointer of the football in college ball

I don't like jinxing my friends at UB. He's a JUCO player who will only have 2 years of D1 ball opposed to 4...

but he certainly is like Corey Davis in the MAC... a man amongst boys... uncoverable

if he had 4 years of production I'd say he would be a first round type guy

i can still see 2nd or 3rd if he goes for 1400 again... hopefully 1500 and 17 TDs lol

It could happen. He's certainly built like it and is probably the best high pointer of the football in college ball

I don't like jinxing my friends at UB. He's a JUCO player who will only have 2 years of D1 ball opposed to 4...

but he certainly is like Corey Davis in the MAC... a man amongst boys... uncoverable

if he had 4 years of production I'd say he would be a first round type guy

i can still see 2nd or 3rd if he goes for 1400 again... hopefully 1500 and 17 TDs lol

Makes sense. Is there still a stigma against MAC players, or is that coming down lately with the likes of Mack and others that have succeeded? 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Makes sense. Is there still a stigma against MAC players, or is that coming down lately with the likes of Mack and others that have succeeded? 

It is definitely going away but it still sticks for some positions like WR and CB

mainly that nobody thinks the MAC has good corners worth a lick so the standout WRs get really downplayed because of lack of good corners in the MAC

Corey Davis was uncoverable for 4 years pretty much and his play combined with his size made him a first rounder... sort of like Mack who was D1 all time leader in forced fumbles 

his stats combined with his NFL body made him super desirable no matter where he came from...

If Johnson can run a 4.47 or low 4.5 he will definitely turn some heads because he jumps up and snatches everything 

• Like (+1) 1

It is definitely going away but it still sticks for some positions like WR and CB

mainly that nobody thinks the MAC has good corners worth a lick so the standout WRs get really downplayed because of lack of good corners in the MAC

Corey Davis was uncoverable for 4 years pretty much and his play combined with his size made him a first rounder... sort of like Mack who was D1 all time leader in forced fumbles 

his stats combined with his NFL body made him super desirable no matter where he came from...

If Johnson can run a 4.47 or low 4.5 he will definitely turn some heads because he jumps up and snatches everything 

Great! Thanks for the information. 

Is Hodge a Legit prospect at Linebacker? 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Great! Thanks for the information. 

Is Hodge a Legit prospect at Linebacker? 

Yes. Right now I have him as my 5th ranked Inside linebacker for next year

a legitimate 43 middle linebacker who doesn't come off the field. I think with another fantastic year he will absolutely get drafted in the mid rounds depending on his 40

He has legitimately good size at 6'1 240 so if he runs well he will be coveted especially for a Mid Major 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.