Is every team with 3 losses doomed?

9 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

We may have just played the second or third worst game by ANY team at this point in the season 3 days ago, and you still feel this confident? Our strength was defense and they got steam rolled by Forte and Powell. Ingram and Kamara are 20x that duo and guess who is handing off the ball to them?

IMO Jets was a must-win because there are some tough games that we needed wiggle room with. I still think we finish 8-8 and 9-7 best case scenario. We can make the playoffs at 9-7 this year, but they need to win games like this one thats coming up.

There's no way that was the second or third worst game by any team in the league this year. I've already watched the Dolphins get shut out on the national stage TWICE (London game and TNF) and been forced to watch the Giants in prime time more than once.

Yes.  The Bills are in a worse position than the other 5-3 teams. (I'm only paying attention to the AFC, because I'm concerned with our playoff positioning).

Here is why:

1.  The Bills are in the same division as the Patriots.  So we are already drifting behind what is still one of the NFL's best teams.  The Chiefs still have a 2 game lead in the West, and the Titans/Jaguars are tied for their division lead.

2.  The Bills have a very tough schedule coming up.  The other 5-3 teams have it pretty easy.

3.  The Bills have a long history of strong starts in September/October, only to watch the wheels come off in the final months.  Fans sadly aren't surprised to see us choke to the lowly Jets on a November 2 prime time game.

4.  Almost everything about our strong start is starting to look like a fluke.  The defense is getting progressively worse as the season presses on.  None of the teams we beat now have a winning record.  Our team looks hopeless without lucky bounces and tipped passes. 

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Only the ones that didn't win this week. 

That is always how it works. The most recent game is always magnified. Trust me, Bills win next week and it's get ready for the playoffs around here. 

That,  or people will start calling the Saints overrated. 

I feel we have a good HC but the team still has major breakdowns especially on the road an during primetime games.

These are things we still have to learn to overcome

Playoffs still look iffy this year..  how we grow moving forward under McDermott is what I am looking at, and our December is going to be rough so we better win a few in a row

14 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I don't think its that we have 3 losses, just at HOW we lost on Thursday that raised question marks all over the place.

The pain I felt on Thursday believe it or not, still lingers. I'm not part of the "we're doomed" crowd. But I was brought back to Earth on Thursday.

I'm hoping it was just one of those days because this time, the whole team was trash. Not just the offense.

The smarter part of my brain tells me that we need turnovers to actually have a chance at winning games and that worries me. I mean really worries me. Like saviorpeterman kind of worried.

Everybody should be very concerned and worried going forward.

The Jets, while not terrible, are probably in the same boat as the Bengals (scrappy but not .500 or playoff team in the end) who also beat the Bills despite 3 turnovers. And speaking of turnovers, I've said all along that this team isn't going to be able to sustain that pace and without any turnovers we were soundly beat.

I'm petrified about the Saints game for a number of reasons mostly because they aren't close to the caliber of any of the teams we've played this season, home or on the road. This sunday very well may dictate where the rest of the season is heading.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Everybody should be very concerned and worried going forward.

The Jets, while not terrible, are probably in the same boat as the Bengals (scrappy but not .500 or playoff team in the end) who also beat the Bills despite 3 turnovers. And speaking of turnovers, I've said all along that this team isn't going to be able to sustain that pace and without any turnovers we were soundly beat.

I'm petrified about the Saints game for a number of reasons mostly because they aren't close to the caliber of any of the teams we've played this season, home or on the road. This sunday very well may dictate where the rest of the season is heading.

And if they win? Will you change your opinion and outlook? Or would it just be another "fluke" win?

Just now, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

And if they win? Will you change your opinion and outlook? Or would it just be another "fluke" win?

Yes if we beat the Saints I'll definitely believe the playoffs are a realistic possibility again and the Jets game was just one of those flukey games.

And for us it certainly won't be a fluke considering the Saints record vs. all the other teams we've beat up on at home.

Just not sure I can see it happening and the Jets game took so much out of me.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes if we beat the Saints I'll definitely believe the playoffs are a realistic possibility again and the Jets game was just one of those flukey games.

And for us it certainly won't be a fluke considering the Saints record vs. all the other teams we've beat up on at home.

Just not sure I can see it happening and the Jets game took so much out of me.

Just curious do you wear support under garmets??  Ive never seen anyone sh*t themselves so much on a board like this.....I think watching football maybe bad for your well being.....try golf or something.....

19 minutes ago, JPP said:

Just curious do you wear support under garmets??  Ive never seen anyone sh*t themselves so much on a board like this.....I think watching football maybe bad for your well being.....try golf or something.....

Yes and it's why I nearly walked away for good this summer and probably should have.

But what can a man do? And if I've survived the last 17 years I can last a few more but it's certainly taking a toll on my health and well being.

The only thing I'm looking forward to now is seeing Peterman play because I do think he can be a franchise QB in this league so hopefully he'll be our starter next year if this team crashes and burns with Taylor the rest of this season and sadly good chance that's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes and it's why I nearly walked away for good this summer and probably should have.

But what can a man do? And if I've survived the last 17 years I can last a few more but it's certainly taking a toll on my health and well being.

The only thing I'm looking forward to now is seeing Peterman play because I do think he can be a franchise QB in this league so hopefully he'll be our starter next year if this team crashes and burns with Taylor the rest of this season and sadly good chance that's going to happen.

based off what?????? a Thursday night game? how do you come up with this trash?

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

based off what?????? a Thursday night game? how do you come up with this trash?

Yes because no way the Jets magically became a juggernaut and we were their first victim. And if so that also wouldn't bode well for our playoff chances if the jets are about to go on a Miami type of run and win 7 of their final 8 games because they would essentially leapfrog us in the standings.

The Jets exposed this team in every way imaginable on the national stage setting this team up for another collapse considering what's left on the schedule starting this week against a Saints team riding a dominant 6 game win streak.

Just can't see how we are winning more than a few games in the 2nd half if we couldn't win against the Bengals and Jets on the road. Next gen stats and metrics simply aren't trending in the Bills favor right now.