Would we Trade for Garoppolo?

The juice

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Why would New England trade him in the division?  

Not saying they would have, but I would have offered our 1st rounder from the Chiefs...maybe they would have taken the higher pick, maybe not.

Edited by JaCrispy

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not saying they would have, but I would have offered our 1st rounder from the Chiefs...maybe they would have taken the higher pick, maybe not.

He is so unproven, I would not be willing to throw a 1st rounder for him.  He is a short QB who can run well...sound familiar?  He played sparingly in a system that helps the QB play well and throw the ball quickly before any pressure can get to him.  Not convinced he will be a great or even above average QB going forward.  I agree the cost isn't that bad but I'd rather draft our guy if we were looking to replace Tyrod.  This team just needs to be patient and fill in the holes in the mean time until they get the opportunity to draft the right guy.  Watson might have been the biggiest miss so far even though he resembled Tyrod perhaps too much for people's liking.  We must be patient.  

15 minutes ago, JPP said:

Interesting to see how he responds to a system that isnt Belichek's.....

I would say the 9ers are the next best situation for him...Shanahan will build the offense around Garrapolo's strengths.

Edited by JaCrispy

30 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

disappointed we didn't after how little it cost

BB was NOT going to trade TG to Bills ever. It has been reported he would never trade him to the Browns because of the grudge sure as hell he wasnt going to be moving him in the Division 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He is so unproven, I would not be willing to throw a 1st rounder for him.  He is a short QB who can run well...sound familiar?  He played sparingly in a system that helps the QB play well and throw the ball quickly before any pressure can get to him.  Not convinced he will be a great or even above average QB going forward.  I agree the cost isn't that bad but I'd rather draft our guy if we were looking to replace Tyrod.  This team just needs to be patient and fill in the holes in the mean time until they get the opportunity to draft the right guy.  Watson might have been the biggiest miss so far even though he resembled Tyrod perhaps too much for people's liking.  We must be patient.  

Well, we will all find out sooner or later...

All I know is I really wanted us to draft him in 2014 as a contingency plan in case EJ didn't work out (oh well, we ended up wasting the pick on Kouandjio)...JG is a cerebral QB that broke all of Tony Romo's records at Eastern Illinois...imo the only reason he didn't get drafted in the first round was because he went to a small school...JG stands at 6'2"+...many consider 6'2" the threshold for adequate height...he hasn't proven much, but he won his first two starts, with the first being a road win against an NFC playoff team.

I like Tyrod, but I would Garropolo over Taylor any day of the week.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

BB was NOT going to trade TG to Bills ever. It has been reported he would never trade him to the Browns because of the grudge sure as hell he wasnt going to be moving him in the Division 

interesting about the Browns...

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

interesting about the Browns...

That was the start of the disconnect between Kraft and BB was over TG. Started last season when Kraft wanted TG moved to Browns with their multiple 2nd round offer. BB said No. Then BB wanted to keep TG the entire season and Kraft made this trade happen with SF knowing BB wasnt never going to move him to Browns and help their QB solution 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

That was the start of the disconnect between Kraft and BB was over TG. Started last season when Kraft wanted TG moved to Browns with their multiple 2nd round offer. BB said No. Then BB wanted to keep TG the entire season and Kraft made this trade happen with SF knowing BB wasnt never going to move him to Browns and help their QB solution 

BB denying the trade for selfish reasons, instead of putting the team first...I can understand why Kraft would be upset.