Who to root for week 9...

AFC matchups 

Colts @ Texans...

With D. Watson done for the year and Tommy Savage at the helm, the recently hot Texan offense may struggle to keep the ball rolling. The Colts, on the other hand, stand little to no shot of being a wildcard contender this year. We want the Colts to run away with this one, helping the Jaguars to  make a push for the South. 

Bengals @ Jaguars 

As mentioned above, I think the Jaguars strong defense paired with the successful run game of with Fournette will lead to the division in the South. Taking down a forever mediocre, yet annoyingly relevant Bengals team (who own a tie breaker vs. us) helps put them in their rightful place. Marvin Lewis, smh...

Ravens @ Titans 

The Titans surprisingly successful start has them tied atop of the their division with the Jaguars. Facing the Ravens, Bengals, Steelers and Texans late in the season doesn't help their cause, yet could allow them to be a factor in the wildcard race. The Jaguars, who face a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way, should handle their business. The Ravens are an interesting story. Like the Bengals, their mediocrity somehow always allows them to linger in the hunt.  The Ravens rank dead last in pass yards per game, and I like the way their schedule shakes out the second half of the season. If I had to pick, I think a win for the Ravens today would do less harm than a Titans victory. 

Raiders @ Dolphins 

It pains me to pick the fish here. However, we have to believe that we'll be able to handle our own division come December. The Raiders are no bums. Although we dominated them a week ago, I look for them to stay relevant in the hunt. Having shipped out their biggest offensive weapon, we NEED to be able to sweep the Dolphins come December. 

AFC vs. NFC 

Broncos @ Eagles

Got to pull for the NFC team here...

Chiefs @ Cowboys

I repeat, got to pull for the NFC team here

AFC Byes 

Browns, Chargers, Patriots, Steelers 

Here is to hoping the football gods make Thursday's disaster a little less painful. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Every week we should root against KC given we hold their first ... HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

Zeke run likes it's your last week playing for a while .. wait that was last week ... ERR .. no that was the week before ... ERR ... just run ... who know you may play next week as well.

3 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Every week we should root against KC given we hold their first ... HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

Cheering for the Chiefs is the only option.  We are competing against KC for a Wild Card spot potentially AND we have their 1st round pick.

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

AFC matchups 

Colts @ Texans...

With D. Watson done for the year and Tommy Savage at the helm, the recently hot Texan offense may struggle to keep the ball rolling. The Colts, on the other hand, stand little to no shot of being a wildcard contender this year. We want the Colts to run away with this one, helping the Jaguars to  make a push for the South. 

Bengals @ Jaguars 

As mentioned above, I think the Jaguars strong defense paired with the successful run game of with Fournette will lead to the division in the South. Taking down a forever mediocre, yet annoyingly relevant Bengals team (who own a tie breaker vs. us) helps put them in their rightful place. Marvin Lewis, smh...

Ravens @ Titans 

The Titans surprisingly successful start has them tied atop of the their division with the Jaguars. Facing the Ravens, Bengals, Steelers and Texans late in the season doesn't help their cause, yet could allow them to be a factor in the wildcard race. The Jaguars, who face a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way, should handle their business. The Ravens are an interesting story. Like the Bengals, their mediocrity somehow always allows them to linger in the hunt.  The Ravens rank dead last in pass yards per game, and I like the way their schedule shakes out the second half of the season. If I had to pick, I think a win for the Ravens today would do less harm than a Titans victory. 

Raiders @ Dolphins 

It pains me to pick the fish here. However, we have to believe that we'll be able to handle our own division come December. The Raiders are no bums. Although we dominated them a week ago, I look for them to stay relevant in the hunt. Having shipped out their biggest offensive weapon, we NEED to be able to sweep the Dolphins come December. 

AFC vs. NFC 

Broncos @ Eagles

Got to pull for the NFC team here...

Chiefs @ Cowboys

I repeat, got to pull for the NFC team here

AFC Byes 

Browns, Chargers, Patriots, Steelers 

Here is to hoping the football gods make Thursday's disaster a little less painful. 

I like your breakdown and agree with it.

Colts vs Texans = Don't care... neither team is going to the playoffs

Bengals vs Jags = Jags ... they should win their division and the Bengals beat us.

Ravens vs Titans = Tie ... Titans will end up with a better record

Raiders vs Dolphins = Raiders ... We've beaten them and the phish are in our division

Broncos vs Eagles = Eagles

Chiefs vs Cowboys = Chiefs ... Chiefs will win theirdivision and I hate the Cowboys more and more each week until the freak serves his suspension

Edited by frostbitmic

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Bengals vs Jags = Jags ... they should win their division and the Bengals beat us.

Raiders vs Dolphins = Raiders ... We've beaten them and the phish are in our division

Chiefs vs Cowboys = Chiefs ... Chiefs will win their division and I hate the Cowboys more and more each week until the freak serves his suspension

The more Chiefs win the worse draft pick we get?

Or you can just root for the teams you like best, and against the ones you do not. Or for gamblers, you can root for the teams you bet on. 

Changing who you root for, on a weekly basis, based on your hunch on what team might be the biggest threat to the Bills making the playoffs, is pretty absurd, IMO. Maybe for the final game, or two, of the season, I can understand,  But now? It's too early to know who will be the biggest impediment to the Bills, at this stage, for many matchups.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Chiefs vs Cowboys = Chiefs ... Chiefs will win theirdivision and I hate the Cowboys more and more each week until the freak serves his suspension

This is spot on analysis. From a Bills perspective we want the Raiders to defeat the Dolphins . The Bills own the tiebreaker over OAK and have two games vs MIA coming up to take care of business. The Chiefs running away with the AFCW is the best thing the Bills can hope for as they will likely hold a head to head tb over the Bills . The odds of a Chiefs collapse are not good. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

The more Chiefs win the worse draft pick we get?

Bills fans should realistically be thinking playoffs right now, not our usual post Halloween focus on the draft. There is a legit chance for the drought to end in 2017.