The Cold Hard Truth

Foreigner

Most of the threads you saw late last night and will see in the next few days are all about the same thing, but told in different ways, that is how inept, outclassed, and terrible the Bills were last night

against the New York Jets. Save yourself money in buying the Buffalo news today and read "A few thoughts about the game" posted last night at 11:46PM that will tell you everything you need to know.

The bottom line is performances like last night will leave the team with a 5-11 record this year.

So why not read the News? Because reporters have access, access with the coaches and players.

While they indoubtably will pan the performance, if they go overboard their would be a chance

they would be denied much access at TBD. After all, what coach or what player wants to hear that

he sucked, because that is what happened last night. It is the cold hard truth, that just about most

everyone, is to blame. No sense in sugar coating it as to just one of those things, and we are where

we are today because of last night.

Regarding:

1. Ownership. The Pegulas are to be commended for saving NFL football in Buffalo. Why they did it

is unimportant-for fun and enjoyment, profit, tax reasons or whatever, They not being football

people, the mistake made was not hiring a football czar, giving him him full authority with no

interference at all. Instead a first time GM and coach were hired, the coach bolting with money at

the end of the year and who was thought highly enough to get another HC job this year.

Next, another coach was hired who gave great press conferences, and who now works in TV,

escaping with more money. Now we have another first time GM and HC, toiling 30-40 years in

the league before the Bills hired them.

2. The GM. Now, our new GM has stripped the roster of most of its talent. For what, draft

choices. Again, for what, to save a few million on the Cap for more draft choices. While it is

more than possible we can get a star who will perform at a high level for 10-15 years, the

graveyard is full of failed draft choices, both high and low. Besides football is a team game.Did

our star, Sean McCoy win this important division game for us last night.

3. The Coach. While admittedly he has had the team overachieving, the 3rd best NFL defense

collapsed last night. Was it because opposing coaches have enough tape to see the defense

and now have a way to beat it with rushing 5, and other ideas? With no adjustments at the half

it was a miracle our QB didn't wind up in the hospital. The Darius situation. All players should

not be treated equally. It may be contrary to what I said about football being a team game, but

our better players sometimes need to be indulged. If one of our top players is a jerk or even

worse, our HC must find a way to make it work. A lot of you know the story of Lawrence Taylor.

The Giants HC made it work I am sure it drove him crazy, but he did not trade him (and our HC

had his prints all over this trade-he could have vetoed it) for a future 6th round draft choice

who may never even make the team, next year, not this year when we have a shot.

4. The Players. Did they want this performance on National TV or is this who they are.

Finally, is this a overreaction to last night. I hope it is, because if our HC is unable to fix this

embarrassment in 9 days, this will be the cold hard truth.

Last nights game was basically a 34-7 blowout, until the Jets started dancing all over the field and

not care about the last few minutes.

Tell me, if they play like last night who are they going to beat, Kansas City? New Orleans winner of

5 straight? The Pats? Miami maybe?

EVERY team has ups and downs. Good performances and bad.

Of course, if they play again like they did last night they won't win. No team would.

But if they play like they did in 5 of the previous 7 games, they'll keep winning.

These arent groundbreaking observations, and arent specific to the Bills.

Last nights game was basically a 34-7 blowout, until the Jets started dancing all over the field and

not care about the last few minutes.

Tell me, if they play like last night who are they going to beat, Kansas City? New Orleans winner of

5 straight? The Pats? Miami maybe?

I dont get into stuff like that. I learned my lesson many years ago not to hand out wins and losses before the actual game is played.

1 game at a time for me. Although I agree (what's not to agree with honestly) that the Bills were as bad as we've ever seen them. No sign of ever making it a competitive game last night. But, you forget we still have players in that locker room that have been in this position before (Kyle and Eric Wood) and can be playing their last year of football and will talk to the players in the locker room and fix things up.

I know for SURE the players can recover from this performance based on the leadership we have. The only thing that worries me is the offensive playcalling. If THAT doesnt get adjusted then God Help us...

They are not getting up from this one. You all will see. Sadly same old bills.

I was Ok with Sammy being traded, not with Darby and definitely not with Dareus.

Dareus departure will hurt the defense from now on, watch. OP is right GM is getting rid of talent and we are getting back unknowns because we don't know if the players we will pick will pan out.

Edited by toto8

I was Ok with Sammy being traded, not with Darby and definitely not with Dareus.

Dareus departure will hurt the defense from now on, watch. OP is right GM is getting rid of talent and we are getting back unknowns because we don't know if the players we pick will pan out.

That's the spirit.

The Bills did there usual thing for national TV viewers: they embarrassed themselves to the extreme. By the 4th quarter, that imbecile "color" commentator could no longer contain himself about their ineptitude. Forgot about the last two gimme touchdowns and all the passing yardage. They were unprepared and, and with some exceptions, uninterested. The short week argument is a nonstarter as the Jets also had a short week. When year after year you don't draft stud offensive linemen, you can continue to look offensive in one or more aspects of the game (last season, yes, the running game excelled despite the OL personnel, probably because of a better OL coach, different schemes, and of course McCoy and Gllleslee). Mills is a travesty unless you like stationary blocks. Wood was getting run over much of the night. Ducasse??? The games we've won have pretty much been won by the defense and periodic running game. BTW, Schmidt must clearly have been playing hurt last season. Good thing we kept him.

Last night got me all hot blooded.

Jets fan or did you break the TV?

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

Dareus departure will hurt the defense from now on, watch. OP is right GM is getting rid of talent and we are getting back unknowns because we don't know if the players we will pick will pan out.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold the line, Ive got Rosanna on the horn long distance from Africa.

That's the spirit.

Well sorry but if you are forgetting it seems to happen every year.

Last year we started 5-2 then the dolphins and Jay Ajayi who ran for 214 yds started the debacle.

Then the patriots with Brady back crushed us 41-25, then lost to the Seahawks on prime time we won 3 out of 9 during that stretch to end 7-9.

Then 2015 we started 5-4 just to go play the second half of the season and win 3 out of 7 to end 8-8

Shall I continue?

I am not trying to be negative here but I've seen this movie before plenty of times.