Josh Gordon Conditionally Reinstated by the NFL - Designated as an ERFA

Isn t he still under contract in Cleve? The trade deadline has passed so is he allowed to play for another team?

Why would they release him? They can t get anything for that.

His value is low given his history and they can't get anything this year with the trade deadline passed.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Pats

Isn t he still under contract? Deadline has passed, can he play for another team?

His value is low given his history and they can't get anything this year with the trade dealine past.

Is his contract up after this year?

Tyrod Taylor to Josh Gordon.

Might not be a better match of talents in the NFL.

Unfortunately we'll probably never see it.....and Gordon may flame out anyway........but that might be the shortest distance between the current Bills offense and a top 3 offense in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Unfortunately we'll probably never see it.....and Gordon may flame out anyway........but that might be the shortest distance between the current Bills offense and a top 3 offense in the NFL.

I don't see it happening at all.

However, I do think (but don't predict) that McBeane couldn't get their team message across in a better way than a couple reclamation projects like Gordon. Lay down the law, say no second chances, this is how we want you to be, and then see if they do it. I really doubt it would hurt a locker room if it failed. if anything it could increase it.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't see it happening at all.

However, I do think (but don't predict) that McBeane couldn't get their team message across in a better way than a couple reclamation projects like Gordon. Law down the law, say no second chances, this is how we want you to be, and then see if they do it. I really doubt it would hurt a locker room if it failed. if anything it could increase it.

Agreed.

I get that they had to establish a new culture here.......hence getting rid of the young stars with huge egos.....and keeping so many old players......not only as starters but reserves AND even just to play special teams.......rather flooding the roster with young developmental players.

But eventually that process has to extend to include other kinds of talent.

There aren't enough low maintenance guys in the talent pool to field a consistent winner so you either adapt them into your process or you will be forced to in desperation when you are trying to save your job like Dickie J signing T.O. and trying to run a no huddle offense with Trent Edwards and Turk Schonert at the helm.:lol:

On 11/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

He hasn't played a full season since 2013.  Why are you assuming he's just going to pick up right where he left?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

He hasn't played a full season since 2013.  Why are you assuming he's just going to pick up right where he left?

He's young and he looked like the same guy in limited action in preseason 2016.    Huge guy, super fast, tracks the ball well, catches with hands, high-points it.........he's a freak talent.  And last time I saw a picture of him in training he looked like an action figure.    This is a gifted dude.   He's clearly miserable without his weed though.   Looks like Chapelle when he was nearing the end at Comedy Central........like he knows this is going to be work.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's young and he looked like the same guy in limited action in preseason 2016.    Huge guy, super fast, tracks the ball well, catches with hands, high-points it.........he's a freak talent.  And last time I saw a picture of him in training he looked like an action figure.    This is a gifted dude.   He's clearly miserable without his weed though.   Looks like Chapelle when he was nearing the end at Comedy Central........like he knows this is going to be work.

I just don't expect a guy with a 3.5/4 year layoff to pick right back up where he left off.

There is a lot of missed time on the field in both games and practice.

He couldn’t be coming back into a worse locker room for a guy looking to get back on track. The whole organization lacks leadership and accountability. Even his press conference was a disaster with him walking out and coming back 20 min later. 

His words are meaningless right now. He might be clean, he might not. Regardless He is known by the media to be the least hard working player in practice over the 6 years he’s been there. 

Will fit right in with the other WRs

Edited by YoloinOhio