Josh Gordon Conditionally Reinstated by the NFL - Designated as an ERFA

• 2 weeks later...
At long last, Josh Gordon is back on the field for the Cleveland Browns.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the receiver will take part in his first practice since Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him from suspension earlier this month.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Tyrod Taylor to Josh Gordon.

Might not be a better match of talents in the NFL.

Unfortunately we'll probably never see it.....and Gordon may flame out anyway........but that might be the shortest distance between the current Bills offense and a top 3 offense in the NFL.

This offense is just a Josh Gordon away form being a top three??

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow!  4.3 40??  That's faster than he posted before the supplemental draft of 2012.  That would put him in the top 20...of all time.  That's for guys in the combine.

Who was running the stopwatch?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This offense is just a Josh Gordon away form being a top three??

Taylor has proven that he can put up points when surrounded with talent.

Bills were 7th in the NFL in scoring last year thru the 15 games with Taylor.......playing much of the season with a below average WR corps due to injuries.

This year he's battled a bad scheme fit and the worst receiving corps in team history,  mostly for lack of talent(Brandon Tate) and experience(Dropzone Jones) but also due to a lack of availability(Matthews).   And in that Saints game none of his top 3 WR had even been with the team until the season started.

Important to remember that having a great scoring offense does not necessarily mean having a HOF QB at the helm.  

A Joe Theisman-lead Redskins offense set the NFL single-season scoring record which stood until 1998 when a Randall Cunningham-lead offense broke it.  Neither great but they looked like it briefly when surrounded by playmakers.

Gordon is a perfect personnel fit with Taylor and being able to stretch the field has opened up everything else for the Bills offense when they've had it.   Taylor is a tremendous deep ball thrower.......and Gordon is just a great downfield receiving talent.      

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Taylor has proven that he can put up points when surrounded with talent.

Bills were 7th in the NFL in scoring last year thru the 15 games with Taylor.......playing much of the season with a below average WR corps due to injuries.

This year he's battled a bad scheme fit and the worst receiving corps in team history,  mostly for lack of talent(Brandon Tate) and experience(Dropzone Jones) but also due to a lack of availability(Matthews).   And in that Saints game none of his top 3 WR had even been with the team until the season started.

Important to remember that having a great scoring offense does not necessarily mean having a HOF QB at the helm.  

A Joe Theisman-lead Redskins offense set the NFL single-season scoring record which stood until 1998 when a Randall Cunningham-lead offense broke it.  Neither great but they looked like it briefly when surrounded by playmakers.

Gordon is a perfect personnel fit with Taylor and being able to stretch the field has opened up everything else for the Bills offense when they've had it.   Taylor is a tremendous deep ball thrower.......and Gordon is just a great downfield receiving talent.      

The worst receiving corp in history changes every year, apparently.  Let's go 3/3!

My fiancé is a recovering alcoholic (7 months sober today). After watching her battle addiction I have a new level of respect for those that can overcome it. It’s not easy. I will be cheering for Gordon to succeed and grow from it like Cris Carter did. He has an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

The worst receiving corp in history changes every year, apparently.  Let's go 3/3!

I went thru it earlier in the season.......even in the Bills 2-4 win type seasons they always had their share of good WR.

The group they fielded in the first half of the season........even when healthy..........was the worst.

I know you are just trolling this board at this point but it's one thing to be hampered by injury.   It's another to not have a playmaking WR on the roster.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I went thru it earlier in the season.......even in the Bills 2-4 win type seasons they always had their share of good WR.

The group they fielded in the first half of the season........even when healthy..........was the worst.

I know you are just trolling this board at this point but it's one thing to be hampered by injury.   It's another to not have a playmaking WR on the roster.

Teams were gameplanning for Sammy when he was on IR just in case he ran on the field mid game.  :lol:

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So true, no outside receiver; playing with one arm behind your back.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 12/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, jmc12290 said:

Teams were gameplanning for Sammy when he was on IR just in case he ran on the field mid game.  :lol:

No.......they sorely missed Sammy when he was out but at least he was on the roster.    When he was healthy Taylor was HIGHLY productive.   Bringing the garbage they brought into the season at WR was a big mistake.    They tried to rectify it after it had already cost them by trading for Benjamin and it's blown up in their face.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No.......they sorely missed Sammy when he was out but at least he was on the roster.    When he was healthy Taylor was HIGHLY productive.   Bringing the garbage they brought into the season at WR was a big mistake.    They tried to rectify it after it had already cost them by trading for Benjamin and it's blown up in their face.

Had Sammy played the full season the past 2 years, TT throws for a shade over 3,400 yards each season.  That puts him at the end of the third quarter of the league.