Bills better off surrounding Taylor than replacing him?

dezertbill

FWIW I hate extremely conservative

It has the potential to lose games

Exactly.

Just looking at stats and then saying "look at this" doesn't tell the story.... but it's what people do to fit their narrative.

They've done it essentially every game since week 1 in which they've had the lead.

I thought it would cost them the Falcons game but the defense held. The Oakland game was a little frustrating but they were in control of the game so it's hard to argue.

My point all along has been Tyrod is solid. He's not great, he has his warts but he's solid. He's A LOT like an Alex Smith in that respect.

That said, I'm all for a 1st round QB while keeping Taylor aboard.

How many draft picks would you be willing to offer to get a top 3 pick?

2 or 3 s/b safe with Cleveland picking.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I heard the announcers say that

The Bills have scored Zero TD's in the 1st QTR all season.

oh look

Why Bills have NFLs fewest points in first quarter

I thought you were incessantly banging the drum that he needs to be good late when we're behind like he was vs the Bucs?

Or that he needs to be better on 3rd downs? He currently has the 6th best 3rd down conversion % in the NFL when passing. And that doesn't even account for the 3rd downs he's converted with his legs 0:)

For a guy who seems to be following my posts you sure don't pay attention.

I have not posted about 3rd downs in over a month, so go ahead and keep playing the fool.

We need to be great EVERY quarter. feel better now?

No TD's in the 1st QRT isn't worrisome to you?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I have not posted about 3rd downs in over a month, so go ahead and keep playing the fool.

We need to be great EVERY quarter.

WE NEED A FLAWLESS QB!!!!

Yeah, that'd be wonderful. Not ever happening, though. You asked and pounded the table for some specific improvements from Taylor in the offseason. Looks like he's improving in those specific areas, but you don't spend time talking about those things you so desperately wanted to see, instead, well....

EEEEYOOOORRREEE :doh:

Here's how I think about it.

Taylor is not a great passer. Yep, his passer and QBR ratings can look good but we all know he can't lead a team down the field with his arm the way a Brees, Brady or Rodgers can.

But Taylor can be a cog in an efficient offensive machine. We saw that last year. We're seeing that again this year the past couple games. The guy does throw some beautiful passes here and there. His scrambling/running talent is spectacular. And he's a competitor.

If we draft the next JK, great! If not, I'm good with TT under center. I believe we can get to the playoffs with a TT led offense.

We need to be great EVERY quarter. feel better now?

No TD's in the 1st QRT isn't worrisome to you?

What are your thoughts on Andrew Luck?

I believe I heard the announcers say that

The Bills have scored Zero TD's in the 1st QTR all season.

oh look

Why Bills have NFLs fewest points in first quarter

After that we are...

2nd quarter 10th

3rd quarter 12th

4th quarter 10th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/4th-quarter-points-per-game

Edited by Scott7975

Yes. He's being wasted in Indy just like Peyton was in his early years.

In 2016, in the 1st quarter Luck had a 67.1 passer rating and threw 4 TDs/5 INTs (15 games started). Ill skip 2015 because he was injured but his 1st quarter stats were even worse that year. In 2014, in the 1st quarter he had an 81.5 passer rating and threw 7 TDs/4 INTs (16 games started).

So I guess this means Luck isnt good enough since he sucks in the 1st quarter.

After that we are...

2nd quarter 10th

3rd quarter 12th

4th quarter 10th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/4th-quarter-points-per-game

I'm not a fan of deferring all the time. Get the lead and hold onto the damn thing.

People hear that crap on TV and assume we suck because we can't score. (shh don't tell anyone I'm defending TT)

PPg have been down, but we've seen an uptick. Lets keep that rolling. (I was a bit disappointed at the opening 2nd half drive Sunday)

In 2016, in the 1st quarter Luck had a 67.1 passer rating and threw 4 TDs/5 INTs (15 games started). Ill skip 2015 because he was injured but his 1st quarter stats were even worse that year. In 2014, in the 1st quarter he had an 81.5 passer rating and threw 7 TDs/4 INTs (16 games started).

So I guess this means Luck isnt good enough since he sucks in the 1st quarter.

I held back in my last post because I wasn't sure it you were a Luck fan or not. Heaven forbid I criticize him.

Impressed, I am not, with Andrew Luck. Yet, my comment holds true. Indy is a poorly managed team.

also , if oh look wasn't a clue that I was being a wise ass....

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Tyrod Taylor 2017

Wk Opp A/C YDS TD

1 NYJ 16/28 224 2

2 Caro 17/25 125 0

3 Denv 20/26 213 2

4 Atl 12/20 182 1

5 Cinc 20/37 166 1

6 Bye

7 TBay 20/33 268 1

8 Oak 20/27 165 1

Are the Bills winning these games because of Taylors QB skills or are they winning because of their DEFENSE? Be honest here...

Tyrod Taylor 2017

Wk Opp A/C YDS TD

1 NYJ 16/28 224 2

2 Caro 17/25 125 0

3 Denv 20/26 213 2

4 Atl 12/20 182 1

5 Cinc 20/37 166 1

6 Bye

7 TBay 20/33 268 1

8 Oak 20/27 165 1

Are the Bills winning these games because of Taylors QB skills or are they winning because of their DEFENSE? Be honest here...

Both.

Tyrod Taylor 2017

Wk Opp A/C YDS TD

1 NYJ 16/28 224 2

2 Caro 17/25 125 0

3 Denv 20/26 213 2

4 Atl 12/20 182 1

5 Cinc 20/37 166 1

6 Bye

7 TBay 20/33 268 1

8 Oak 20/27 165 1

Both sometimes moreso the defence in some games sometimes the offence in others......some advice....watch the actual games instead of analyzing stats and you come to your own conclusion

Tyrod Taylor 2017

Wk Opp A/C YDS TD

1 NYJ 16/28 224 2

2 Caro 17/25 125 0

3 Denv 20/26 213 2

4 Atl 12/20 182 1

5 Cinc 20/37 166 1

6 Bye

7 TBay 20/33 268 1

8 Oak 20/27 165 1

IMO the Defense is helping this team Win games.

i of which I pointed to was the ATL game