Mccoy needs a running mate

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but no backup RB gets 15 carries a game ... not even 10

Gillislee averaged 6 carries a game last year. It be nice to have a high end backup but it's only 6 carries. Shady can be premier till he retires

I never said for this season in my post. I said we should address it in the offseason in the draft. Moving forward, with Mccoy's age and durability issues, finding a guy that can carry more of the load is ideal

I never said for this season in my post. I said we should address it in the offseason in the draft. Moving forward, with Mccoy's age and durability issues, finding a guy that can carry more of the load is ideal

I'd absolutely take a RB in the 3rd or 4th round

But McCoy really has no durability issues as far as NFL running backs go... sure he has missed some games, but in his career he has played way more than he's missed

He has top of the line durability as far as NFL starting running backs go .

They will definitely bring someone in through the draft

I'd absolutely take a RB in the 3rd or 4th round

But McCoy really has no durability issues as far as NFL running backs go... sure he has missed some games, but in his career he has played way more than he's missed

He has top of the line durability as far as NFL starting running backs go .

They will definitely bring someone in through the draft

He's yet to play a full 16 game season with Buffalo so far...don't know how you can say he doesn't have durability issues. Sure early in his career he was fine but he has dealt with injuries every year he's been here.

He's yet to play a full 16 game season with Buffalo so far...don't know how you can say he doesn't have durability issues. Sure early in his career he was fine but he has dealt with injuries every year he's been here.

He had some issue his first year here.. it was his worst year of his career. He was our best player last year and missed only 1 game and hasn't missed a game all year...

If he plays all 16 this year , then he has missed only 1 game in 2 years which is superb for a starting NFL back

If they really felt like Shady needed to come out more often, they'd probably have given Banyard a chance by now. As it is, I think the plan has always been Shady tires out the D from them chasing him all game and then Tolbert can come in and run over a worn out defense in short-yardage situations.

Me personally, I'd like to have a back that's a bit more dynamic than Tolbert. But there's more to just talent and skill sets with this team. The guys with the heart and the right attitude are going to play. The days of dealing with headaches from players just because they're talented high-end picks (Dareus) are long gone. This isn't the type of team that's going to rely solely on their top-end talent and then hope that their reserves can do their job when needed. Sal C wrote a great piece about how this team is coached. Despite the talent level, every player on this team is coached and treated exactly the same.

He had some issue his first year here.. it was his worst year of his career. He was our best player last year and missed only 1 game and hasn't missed a game all year...

If he plays all 16 this year , then he has missed only 1 game in 2 years which is superb for a starting NFL back

Yes, it is good but still hurt sometimes. He's an older back. Could easily miss a few games at any given time. But I think we both agree, a mid-round back in this deep running back class would be beneficial.

Yes, it is good but still hurt sometimes. He's an older back. Could easily miss a few games at any given time. But I think we both agree, a mid-round back in this deep running back class would be beneficial.

Definitely

You can find a lot of big, strong, fast backs in the mid rounds

A thunder To shadys lightning