Jim Kelly A Football Life TONIGHT !

TSNBDSC

You know, those Bills teams were losers, and other than watching Andre Reed get into the HOF, I couldn't care less about those players, those teams. They blew it, they should not be honored in any way IMO. As time goes on you realize more & more how a lot of those guys were low character.

Edited by T-Bomb

Jimbo was on Mike and Mike this AM. There will be, apparently, a lot of Houston Gambler mentions which is cool. Jim, Ed, Danny (all the Kelly boys) lived the good life in Houston. I spent more than a few hours of my internship with the Gamblers at the Kelly bros. house. Good times.

Papa Joe Kelly, who recently passed, was one of my favorite people.

Jim worked his ass off becoming a better QB those two years. I even got to run some routes post practice. I am sorry that Gamblers Coach Jack Pardee is not still living to be interviewed for this show -- he loved Jim. Mouse Davis, Gamblers OC in year 1 and inventor of the run and shoot, I am sure will have some great quotes about Jim.

I can't wait for this.

Edited by JoeF

You know, those Bills teams were losers, and other than watching Andre Reed get into the HOF, I could care less about those players, those teams. They blew it, they should not be honored in any way IMO. As time goes on you realize more & more how a lot of those guys were low character.

I think the phrase is " couldn't care less". On that , I'd have to strongly disagree. Those teams were winners, check the record. They didn't win it all, but they were among the best teams the NFL had in the '90s and were a treat to watch. Bills fans truly expected to win every game. It was a heady time to be a Bills fan. They didn't blow anything, there were just a couple franchises that were a bit better than they were on Defense. It happens. They had great character and resolve that few Bills teams have emulated over the years.

Jimbo was on Mike and Mike this AM. There will be, apparently, a lot of Houston Gambler mentions which is cool. Jim, Ed, Danny (all the Kelly boys) lived the good life in Houston. I spent more than a few hours of my internship with the Gamblers at the Kelly bros. house. Good times.

Papa Joe Kelly, who recently passed, was one of my favorite people.

Jim worked his ass off becoming a better QB those two years. I even got to run some routes post practice. I am sorry that Gamblers Coach Jack Pardee is not still living to be interviewed for this show -- he loved Jim. Mouse Davis, Gamblers OC in year 1 and inventor of the run and shoot, I am sure will have some great quotes about Jim.

I can't wait for this.

Ed used to be on this board. Been 5 years since he logged on.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Ed used to be on this board. Been 5 years since he logged on.

A great family. Alice and Joe raised 5 boys. Joe worked his ass off providing what he could. All the boys got that work ethic and they all worshiped their mom.

I think the phrase is " couldn't care less". On that , I'd have to strongly disagree. Those teams were winners, check the record. They didn't win it all, but they were among the best teams the NFL had in the '90s and were a treat to watch. Bills fans truly expected to win every game. It was a heady time to be a Bills fan. They didn't blow anything, there were just a couple franchises that were a bit better than they were on Defense. It happens. They had great character and resolve that few Bills teams have emulated over the years.

They blew the first Super Bowl, No way in hell they should of loss that game. From coaching all the way down to how they conducted themselves throughout the week. The other three Super Bowls the better team won.

They blew the first Super Bowl, No way in hell they should of loss that game. From coaching all the way down to how they conducted themselves throughout the week. The other three Super Bowls the better team won.

O-Ver-Rated! O-Ver-Rated! Supe 25 they tackled poorly ( the defense wasn't a dominating unit that some thought it was, at least vs the run) and completely mismanaged the clock on the final possession . This is a known fact, even proclaimed by the genius Bill Walsh. If they use the clock correctly there, the Bills were in all likelihood SuperBowl champs. The " throughout the week" stuff is so overrated it's beyond ridiculous. No one partied harder before the Supebowl than the '70s and 80's Raiders. They had no trouble winning. People forget that the Giants and 49ers met on MNF late in the '90 season and that game was called " the real Super Bowl" . You're not giving that Giants team enough credit. The Bills clock management cost them the chance to win SB XXV, but the game was going to be close regardless.