This offseason Quarterback options

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can confirm, short sleeves and no jacket today was a poor choice. Walking to lunch was rather chilly compared to how things have been.

poor? that was a dumb :censored: choice !!!

:lol::lol:

I'm getting ready to hang up the windbreaker and break out my winter Bills jacket(s)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I just read where Flacco is having the worst season of his career

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/40012/joe-flaccos-fall-from-super-bowl-mvp-to-31st-ranked-passer-hits-national-stage

that's what a tally of 13 teams. Nearly half the league.

To be fair, he has absolutely no help. But I understand real quarterbacks don't need quality skill players.....

Trade up and grab a QB, let Tyrod walk or if he does well enough maybe we can get a draft pick for him. We would have two young QBs and the money being paid to Tyrod can be used on other positions.

I would love to see them grab Josh Rosen, maybe we won't have to trade up too far to get him.

So many teams looking to do the same thing, trading up is going to be epically expensive this year, unless of course most of the leading QBs continue to disappoint like Darnold. This was supposed to be such a great QB class a lot of teams were hoping for their franchise QB.

So many teams looking to do the same thing, trading up is going to be epically expensive this year, unless of course most of the leading QBs continue to disappoint like Darnold. This was supposed to be such a great QB class a lot of teams were hoping for their franchise QB.

Every year the follow QB class is better and the one coming up isn't so good, wash repeat

- Tyrod has a winning record as a starter...he is doing it this year with injuries....lack of talent on offense.....a running game that is not dominant like it was last year and that is WITH going against top defenses at the beginning of the season. I still need to see more consistancy from him before I think he shoud be the guy going forward but it is not the worst option in the world especially if we can get our deep threat passing game going again. The ball is in Tyrod's court here.

John, I know you're not anti-Tyrod, but I don't understand why you keep talking about Tyrod's lack of consistency. IMO, his consistency is one of his greatest strengths. Like any QB, Tyrod's not going to put up the same numbers every game; his stats are going to fluctuate based on the strength of the opposing defense, the Bills' gameplan, and the game situation. He's always going to protect the ball and you'll never see him throw three or four picks in a game, like say Eli Manning or Matt Ryan. He also probably won't throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in this offense.

I think what you really mean is that you'd like to see sustained improvement in Tryod's game, and I think we're seeing it this year, despite his less than overwhelming supporting cast.

Edited by mannc

I think this is a great post by the OP.

I'm not overly impressed by Cousins, esp. with the salary he will command.

I'd draft a QB--but as Kirby suggested, take who is there for us. We have a TON of picks. We can use that to draft a QB, starting caliber WR, starting caliber DL, starting caliber OL, starting caliber LB and/or safety. I wouldn't trade picks away. I'd draft away.

In terms of QB next year: let TT be the starter unless Peterman and/or rookie beats him out. Or TT goes bonkers the next few weeks.

Available QBs--

Cousins (probably too expensive)

Brees (probably re-signs)

Bradford (probably overpaid)

Probably available --

Tyrod

Glennon

Hoyer

Mccown

I would personally take the Eagles approach to this... They signed Bradford and daniels... then still got the QB they wanted in Wentz... then got a pretty decent return for bradford.

So for me it's keep Tyrod - just so as not to show your cards at the draft. It's very possible that a couple of teams picking near the top will have QBs be it cousins or the colts with luck - and we have a lot of ammo to move up and grab our guy if we want to.

John, I know you're not anti-Tyrod, but I don't understand why you keep talking about Tyrod's lack of consistency. IMO, his consistency is one of his greatest strengths. Like any QB, Tyrod's not going to put up the same numbers every game; his stats are going to fluctuate based on the strength of the opposing defense, the Bills' gameplan, and the game situation. He's always going to protect the ball and you'll never see him throw three or four picks in a game, like say Eli Manning or Matt Ryan. He also probably won't throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in this offense.

I think what you really mean is that you'd like to see sustained improvement in Tryod's game, and I think we're seeing it this year, despite his less than overwhelming supporting cast.

Consistency is repeating the same thing game after game after game after game.

for clarity - Consistency with his best games, not his meh games.

Who's asking for him to throw for 400 ypg? No one that I know of.

This year is the year I have been most impressed by Tyrod because he is doing as much as he has in the past with much much less......Clay was the best TE in the league when he went down....Zay Jones was a counted on rookie that has the yips......we bring in a future HOF WR and he quits on the team......his OL is shaky due to injuries......his other targets are getting hurt.....a brought in street FA WR has the most catches this year.

I just want to see him sustain it for the year.....he has already thrown over the middle.....thrown from the pocket......engineered a 4th quarter comeback (should have been 2) and he did it against the good defenses in our schedule.

I still have hope.

When I talk about drafting a qb I firmly believe in taking certain positions when they are supposed to be the strength of the draft.....

TT is the QB next year. If he keeps playing this well they will not waste a first round pick to trade up. That would be GM suicide.

I would draft WR, LB, OL, and QB with the top 4 picks in no particular order.

I see nothing wrong with adding a QB early next year unless Peterman has looked good in practice and is a true viable option if TT misses time.

TT is the QB next year. If he keeps playing this well they will not waste a first round pick to trade up. That would be GM suicide.

I would draft WR, LB, OL, and QB with the top 4 picks in no particular order.

I see nothing wrong with adding a QB early next year unless Peterman has looked good in practice and is a true viable option if TT misses time.

I actually think Peterman could totally become our Frank Reich

Step 1- get into the playoffs- makes it more appealing to a top FA

Step 2- Restructure and trade 99- I know, easier said that done

Step 3- Go after Garrapolo or Cousins

Step 4- do not give away any draft picks- use them all- get the most value unless someone is willing to give up alot for a pick. Todays NFL is all about drafting well and having a top ten trigger man.

Step 1- get into the playoffs- makes it more appealing to a top FA

Step 2- Restructure and trade 99- I know, easier said that done

Step 3- Go after Garrapolo or Cousins

Step 4- do not give away any draft picks- use them all- get the most value unless someone is willing to give up alot for a pick. Todays NFL is all about drafting well and having a top ten trigger man.

So, make the playoffs for the first time in 18 years, then promptly jettison the QB who got you there in favor of a much more expensive free agent? Gotcha...

This will all come into focus over the next month. Tons of Tyrod clutter on this board but in fact, the next 4-6 weeks will determine his career. If he can step up and propel the offense forward through what look to be some real shootouts against elite QBs, it will change the conversation. If he can't, they'll be looking hard for a new signal caller this offseason.

Kirk Cousins is soooo flawed, though. I pity the franchise that shackles itself to him with a $100M contract. The only location that makes sense is S.F. where he knows the offense well already.

Cousins looks like he's 5-7, 120 pounds when he's on the field. Just not a physically gifted player at all, which hurts him.