10-24: Bills Workout WR Rod Streater and TE Jason Croom

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo has 5 receivers on the roster. Obviously Jordan Matthews is not going anywhere. I don't think Zay Jones is either. as a second round draft choice he gets a pass on his struggles catching the ball this season. There is enough college tape on the guy to suggest this is probably just a case of rookie jitters and he's going to get over it. After his game this past weekend, Deonte Thomson isn't going to be cut today or tomorrow. That leaves three possibilities. Streater essentially outplayed Andre Holmes in the preseason, and I don't think the Bills are married to the guy. Holmes has a nice catch radius, but Streater is almost as tall, and a good deal faster. Brandon Tate could be cut. He has nice size, but Streater is a bit bigger. Tate is a decent all around player and a solid return guy, but he's nothing really special. I could see Streater replacing either of them. It's also possible the Bills could decide to carry 6 receivers, though I have no idea at what position they might make a cut. Maybe offensive tackle.

Croom versus Khari Lee is interesting to consider. Croom is taller and much more athletic. He was with the Bills this summer, and I don't think it is much of a stretch to think the Bills could switch out Khari Lee for Croom if Croom is fully healthy

Tate is solid as a punt returner but rarely plays as a WR. Homes has been in at WR far more than Tate. Streater has good hands and could potentially fill in as the punt or kickoff return guy and still play a fairly significant role as a WR. Personally, if anyone is going I think it will be Holmes. What concerns me is Clay's status if they are looking at Croom. Yeah, maybe he is fine and want to upgrade from Lee, but something nagging at me says Clay's injury may take longer to heal than they thought.

Edited by BigPappy

I doubt Streater will be signed now. Unless they release Holmes.

Not sure about that. Depends on how the coaches had him evaluated, I guess. He was making some waves in camp. Plus, they could get that round 3 pick back. Essentially, that would be like giving up only a 7th for Kelvin Bejamin and swapping 2 mid level WRs.

Edited by Rockinon