Deonte Thompson

My favorite part is wondering who he was. Dug how his routes were strong and went after the ball. Tyrod loves deep guys, great to see what he does in the future. I think I remember him returning a TD when he was on the Bears.

Will definitely need that kind of play again Sunday. Hope he and Tyrod keep up the good work and stay on the same page. You can tell they have a little chemistry together.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy going to get significant playing time now? I would like to see him starting on the outside with Zay on the bench. Give Thompson more playing time and see what he does with it. He showed me more in 1 half of football, then Zay has in 6 games.

yes lets put our 2nd round pick that we used another pick to trade up for on the bench....that makes sense.

Gug was right...it makes sense to give more playing time to players that are producing but to completely bench Zay Jones would not help his development and we NEED him to become a player

Stop knee jerking reacting the crap please

Is this guy going to get significant playing time now? I would like to see him starting on the outside with Zay on the bench. Give Thompson more playing time and see what he does with it. He showed me more in 1 half of football, then Zay has in 6 games.

Put Zay in the slot where he is familiar. If he continues to struggle, then talk about benching him. Doing so now would effectively Manuel-ify him.

Put Zay in the slot where he is familiar. If he continues to struggle, then talk about benching him. Doing so now would effectively Manuel-ify him.

Mathews is our best WR. Why would you take him out of there in favor of a guy that has done nothing but drop balls? Im not taking our best pass catcher out of the line up just to keep Zay on the field. The moment looks to big for this kid right now. He belongs on the sidelines until he remembers how to catch the ball.

yes lets put our 2nd round pick that we used another pick to trade up for on the bench....that makes sense.

Gug was right...it makes sense to give more playing time to players that are producing but to completely bench Zay Jones would not help his development and we NEED him to become a player

Stop knee jerking reacting the crap please

Have you watched the guy play? He clearly isnt ready to be starting in the NFL. The guy looks like he has never played football in his life right now. We are not the Browns. This is a 4-2 team that should be playing its best players. Right now jones is far from one of our 3 best WRs. He might be one of our 3 worst player on the team. Knee jerk? Its week 8. The guys who earn the playing time should be getting it. Draft status should not be overruling performance. Thats the type of thing this staff has been preaching with all of Whaleys leftover picks. Look at Glenn and Dareus. It should also go for their own.

The outside WRs dont get much work. Id rather have guys like Matthews and Thompson working out of the slot. Easier for Tyrod.

@Nick_Wojton

TT & DT had quite the #Bills connection, right? Well wasn't the 1st time they met. They did in HS. Asked em abt it:

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-taylor-taylor-amp-deonte-thompson-go-way-back-20171026

ORCHARD PARK – To outsiders, Buffalo Bills (4-2) wide receiver Deonte Thompson appeared in Orchard Park after being cut by the Chicago Bears and appeared to flawlessly put up a 100-yard receiving game with quarterback Tyrod Taylor slinging him the football.

It looked like instant chemistry was ignited. Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Taylor and Thompson connected on four passes for 107 yards during the 30-27 win, the first since Week 16 of last season when Taylor and Sammy Watkins did so with seven catches and 154 yards against the Miami Dolphins.

But, it wasn’t instant chemistry. It was in the making for a long time.

Taylor and Thompson’s playing days go way back. The two played together not only in the NFL, but in high school as well. Taylor, a native of Hampton, Virginia, and Thompson, a native of Belle Glade, Florida, met in 2007 when both played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

@SalSports

From chasing rabbits in Muck City, to footballs in Buffalo, Thompson's tales are as long as his journey: http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/chasing-rabbits-muck-city-footballs-buffalo-thompsons-tales-are-long-his-journey

Surprisingly good read from Sal, who is obviously a radio guy and not a journalist. Makes me want to go down there to watch some high school football games to see who's next