This type of stuff needs to end - Fan on fire

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appeared like your typical case of opposing fan harassment..........a very large group of Bills fans, none of whom I recognize, taunting 2-3 much larger opposing fans after a tough loss.

I was wondering where Hammer was and why the big Hammer employee wasn't getting in the middle to help diffuse the situation........

Then as we were driving past I see Hammer right in the middle.

Not trying to hold back Bills fans and diffuse the situation.........but apparently getting into it with the greatly outnumbered Bucs fans.

You want it both ways..........you want to call it a business when it's convenient.........then you want fans to come to your rescue like you are just another fan.

Good decision to get some security.........you wanna' say that incident didn't have anything to do with it........fine........a good decision is a good decision.

I mean, if Boyst rushed in to help you and some joker hit him in the back of the head with a rock and he was at ECMC in a coma think of the class action civil suit you would be facing from the ladies of southern Appalachia!

You really should stop posting, you are embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowing the facts. Sadly for you some of those involved post on TBD and know the facts so keep making things up. The hole you are digging is getting deeper. It was not opposing fan harassment after a tough lost but a case of criminal mischief on their part and I think you could add assault also on their part.. I don't know why you did not post that fact. And when I talked with the police they where fine with the end results.

In hindsight, probably would've been cheaper than these newly acquired medical bills

Its hell being allegedly knockout. The calls of concern were nice thou. Edited by Hammered a Lot

It appeared like your typical case of opposing fan harassment..........a very large group of Bills fans, none of whom I recognize, taunting 2-3 much larger opposing fans after a tough loss.

I was wondering where Hammer was and why the big Hammer employee wasn't getting in the middle to help diffuse the situation........

This was not even close to what this was about, it Zero to do with them being Bucs fans, and I mean ZERO!

I was there and in the middle trying to keep the peace, and as is typical in these things really boiled down to two guys being cranky, and their friends just making sure nothing larger got started. And yep, I was the fat old guy who was trying to get the Bucs fan to just let it die and walk away, as was his two buddies.

And let me tell you, he was quaking in his boots looking at me and my guns!!! :lol:

Also, if you have ever parked at Hammers, you would know all visiting fans are welcome . I have yet to see any of them get hassled in that lot. Not saying it never happenes, just i have never seen it, and that there are usually a good bit of visiting fans in the lot.

Edited by plenzmd1

This was not even close to what this was about, it Zero to do with them being Bucs fans, and I mean ZERO!

I was there and in the middle trying to keep the peace, and as is typical in these things really boiled down to two guys being cranky, and their friends just making sure nothing larger got started. And yep, I was the fat old guy who was trying to get the Bucs fan to just let it die and walk away, as was his two buddies.

And let me tell you, he was quaking in his boots looking at me and my guns!!! :lol:

Also, if you have ever parked at Hammers, you would know all visiting fans are welcome . I have yet to see any of them get hassled in that lot. Not saying it never happenes, just i have never seen it, and that there are usually a good bit of visiting fans in the lot.

Thanks plenz

This is of interest to Bills fans so the initial denial of any incident and then refusal to discuss it from the members of lot management who jointly use the "Hammered a Lot" account seems unnecessary.

Discussing it doesn't hurt lot business.......any time you have that many people getting intoxicated in one spot you will have occasional issues...........and that lot could sell out 5 times over so that's just drama talk.

I reported what I saw...........and what I heard.........related it to prior experiences and suggested that it be addressed on this forum. I admittedly doubted the validity of what I heard, which is why I presented it in the manner I did.

It's a timely issue to discuss..........it's Raiders week which is #1 on any teams fan violence meter........plus the already heightened security which is supposed to run thru this weeks game.

I have parked in Hammers lot..........I've told the story..........we were coaxed over by Hammer after years of trying to convince us to go....... and we went when Lot 1 was starting to be phased out by the Bills.........had our spots along the trees in back at Hammers for a year.........but then the following year when the lot started to get busier Hammer didn't have a gameplan in place and he verbally dismissively refused to save spots for our group......which had traditionally been the TBD open tailgate.

I didn't want to leave and could have made arrangements so our spots were bought and saved etc..........I didn't really blame Hammer, the lot went from empty to full almost overnight so there were likely to be issues.......but the rest were pissed/offended at his attitude and couldn't care less about staying where Lori and I had brought them........... and we upgraded to a far better spot nearby with our own shelter, electric, grills, fryer etc.....which would have been very difficult to swing at Hammers.

So trying to keep them in Hammers Lot was wrong of me........#Badol was wrong. :beer:

But what I did do was mention here that Hammer had declined to save spots for TBD.......in person hadn't worked...........and only THEN he started saving spots for TBD........and after I mentioned THIS incident........security is coming.....so take those coincidences fwiw.

I do think it would be of interest to many Bills fans around the country for some industrious youtuber to travel to each lot during the season and get to know some of the interesting folks/groups that make up this nation of Bills tailgaters.........like a NY Times Society section about all of these lots, many of which have really become what they are due to the Bills changes in tailgating policy.......would be very interesting IMO. I think it would really raise the tailgating quality bar up another level everywhere as well.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re not that old. And your pre-game ritual will help with the other part... :)