Some perspective on Taylor's season so far with a look ahead

Just going off of my own eye test here, but I think Tyrod is looking to throw a lot more than he did the past couple seasons. Like on the missed TD to Taiwan Jones he had a lot of space, people in the gameday thread were saying he should have just run for the 1st. Thats a 50/50 argument but you have to admit thats what people have wanted to see from Tyrod. Instead of getting the 1st with his legs, he kept his eyes downfield and took a shot at the end zone. Didnt work out but the mindset is right.

If I could trade Winston for Tyrod OR trade the rest of our offense for the rest of their offense, Id take the 2nd option. Our #1 receiver any week would be their #3 or #4. They have 2 tight ends at least as good as OLeary. Winston cant throw those contested balls and expect anything if Zay Jones is the targe

That play actually helped me get some respect back to TT as a QB. Yeah it sucked the TD throw wasn't a strike but at least he made a QB decision there. I agree the mindset was right 100%.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That play actually helped me get some respect back to TT as a QB. Yeah it sucked the TD throw wasn't a strike but at least he made a QB decision there. I agree the mindset was right 100%.

The throw was perfect. Jones stopped running for no reason at about the five, then continued on and had to dive. If he just keeps running it hits him in perfect stride.

TT had a good game yesterday. But here's something I would have liked to see him do. That dumb call at the end of the half, the one McD took the blame for? TT could have and should have changed the play at the line. He should know you have to throw into the end zone or to the sideline there.

He should have enough savvy given his time in the league to be trusted with audibles.

TT had a good game yesterday. But here's something I would have liked to see him do. That dumb call at the end of the half, the one McD took the blame for? TT could have and should have changed the play at the line. He should know you have to throw into the end zone or to the sideline there.

He should have enough savvy given his time in the league to be trusted with audibles.

Or just thrown it over Matthews' head. That was a pitiful call and decision and pass.

as bad as it was and it was bad, it's behind them. hopefully he and the team will learn from it moving forward?

Im not the biggest TT fan at all, but one positive I liked was he was more assertive in the running game and made his mind up quicker to pull it down and take off. It will always be his biggest strength and he needs to use it a lot more. When you got open field in front of you, pull it down and go.

Indy, i don't know that I've ever seen Tyrod audible out of a play.

as bad as it was and it was bad, it's behind them. hopefully he and the team will learn from it moving forward?

One hopes so. Good victory. Now take down the Raiders.

Indy, i don't know that I've ever seen Tyrod audible out of a play.

I think the same. He should be given the keys to the car.

I think we can all agree that the QB search should be over before it ever started. We found our guy. Give him the key to the city and just enjoy the ride

I will be shocked if they don't draft a guy day one next year. But as long as TT is the guy, turn him loose. Let him audible. Give him the keys. Don't limit him.

I think we can all agree that the QB search should be over before it ever started. We found our guy. Give him the key to the city and just enjoy the ride

You've sounded a little frustrated and snippy lately with this topic. You and your overt sarcasm. :flirt:

Everything all right buddy? 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

The throw was perfect. Jones stopped running for no reason at about the five, then continued on and had to dive. If he just keeps running it hits him in perfect stride.

Kelly, come on... seriously?

We won, stop complaining.

You've sounded a little frustrated and snippy lately with this topic. You and your overt sarcasm. :flirt:

We can ask the same of you. I noticed you refused to reply to my post about the catchable passes.

Hard to admit an error on your part?

Taylor should have just thrown it away, however mistaken the call was. He shares the blame.

You're a dumbass troll who clearly doesn't watch this team.

Superior running game, huh?

Go away.

We aren't a superior running team in 2017, so are you a troll or a moron?

Better than 2 for 16 :flirt:

Did you not understand what he said?

Worst poster in tbd history

Edited by Game Manager

Ya know, unrelenting bitter irony just ain't a good look for you.......

We can ask the same of you. I noticed you refused to reply to my post about the catchable passes.

Hard to admit an error on your part?

Choosing not to reply to a post is a little different than the consistent "just crown him already!" posts bang has been posting lately.

And what post?

I don't read every single post of yours and I often don't reply to you anymore because you told me you aren't serious about most of what you say, hence the "Shady" name. Once you said that, it made me not really care about replying to you because I don't know when you're serious or if you're ever serious about what you say. And sometimes maybe you are serious and realize you said something you shouldn't have, and then you use this "Shady" facade as a means to excuse yourself.

How about you leave a note at the end of your posts from now on saying whether we should take you seriously or not? :flirt:

Worst poster in tbd history

Whoops... looks like you're history now. 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Not frustrated at all actually. Other than the Tyrod discussion being stale everything is fine. Thanks for checking up on me. Youre a true friend ;)

Ya know, unrelenting bitter irony just ain't a good look for you.......

What would make you happy?