Some perspective on Taylor's season so far with a look ahead

268 yards in the air. 314 combined NET yards. Zero turnovers. Critically extending drives as he was 9/15 (60%) with a TD on 3rd down. Came back late in the 4th quarter down by 7 to win the game. Threw the ball 33 times.

It's almost like I was right or something :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

268 yards in the air. 314 combined NET yards. Zero turnovers. Critically extending drives as he was 9/15 (60%) with a TD on 3rd down.

Yep, kudos to you. If TT keeps playing like that, we'll make the playoffs.

Onto Oakland. Alex Smith did work on their secondary, let's hope our weapons and QB come to play.

Loved seeing Tyrod run more today, especially those clutch third down conversions. I wonder if his conversation with Mike Vick factored into his mentality. He seemed more aggressive today in his style, and I like it.

His overthrows only make me more annoyed about trading Sammy... we could've still acquired Matthews and Gaines without dealing him, I think. If we had a receiver who could accelerate and catch up to those deep bombs like Sammy could, people would be talking about Tyrod as elite.

Imagine if we'd given Tyrod the weapons like Jameis has.

Like everyone, I've been up and down on Tyrod... but the dude is showing grit, he continues to not turn the ball over, and he's getting it done with guys like Logan Thomas, Andre Holmes, and Deonte Thompson.

He deserves praise.

268 yards in the air. 314 combined NET yards. Zero turnovers. Critically extending drives as he was 9/15 (60%) with a TD on 3rd down. Came back late in the 4th quarter down by 7 to win the game. Threw the ball 33 times.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day

Its a joke dont get upset.

Who isn't happy?

Just because you say something over and over and over again doesn't make it reality.

. Typical sourpuss reply. You have to learn to ignore these posts

For those not worried today they better be next week.

Increase the record Ginger Hammer 🔨

Make it 4 straight home wins.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day

Its a joke dont get upset.

. Typical sourpuss reply. You have to learn to ignore these posts

For those not worried today they better be next week.

Increase the record Ginger Hammer

Make it 4 straight home wins.

A reply meant for you and a few others, who are absent yet again after a nice win.

Do you see XRush, Crusher, Foxx, a couple others?

Imagine being the kind of person who has their favorite football team win a big game and show a ton of positives, and the first thing you need to do is seek out anonymous individuals on the internet.

Also:

xRushx

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/197417-gameday-thread-bills-vs-bucs-2nd-half/?p=4615709

Crusher is banned.

Foxx hasn't posted since before the game started.

Honestly dude, you need to take a few steps back and be less crazy.

Edited by jmc12290

Imagine being the kind of person who has their favorite football team win a big game and show a ton of positives, and the first thing you need to do is seek out anonymous individuals on the internet.

Also:

xRushx

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/197417-gameday-thread-bills-vs-bucs-2nd-half/?p=4615709

Crusher is banned.

Foxx hasn't posted since before the game started.

Honestly dude, you need to take a few steps back and be less crazy.It's ok for

Crusher is banned.

Good news I guess. Great win. Time to watch the NE game soon. We are in first place if they lose.

You don't throw away average QBs. But Tyrod isn't average. He's slightly below average, somewhere around the 20 - 22 neighborhood.

And except if the guy is in his first two or three years of his career, getting thrown away is exactly what happens to those guys as teams desperately look to replace them. It's precisely the fate of that group, the group Tyrod is in.

Thurm, first of all, I think you should just send me flowers or something. This weird affinity you have for me is sweet, though :wub:

Regardless, that's a nice opinion you have of Taylor being a below average QB.

20-22, eh?

Who are the 19-21 QBs who are clearly better?

Also, we've established (largely because of your inability to find QBs like Taylor who were on the bench pretty much the entirety of their rookie contracts AND THEN come in and perform like an NFL starter for a significant stretch... something you can't accept but also can't find) that there really isn't a "group" Taylor is in because his situation is actually very unique in the NFL.

And that, my friend, is fact, not opinion :flirt:

So, Taylor did several things today he's criticized for that he supposedly never does, which seems to kinda reinforce that maybe Taylor's actually (*gasp*) getting better:

Taylor carried the team. Not only did he win by passing for 30+ yards, but Taylor accounted for 60% of the touches and 72.4% of the yards through the air and on the ground.

Keep the offense on the field. Taylor himself was 9/16 (60%) with 1 TD on 3rd downs.

Bring a team back in the 4th quarter when down by 4+ points.

Lead a GWD. Clutch throws to Thompson and Z Jones for the tie and then T Jones doing the YAC to clinch it.

Let's just say this was a down game for our D. I hope it was. Playoff fodder we might not be :flirt:

Tyrod Taylor + Sammy Watkins and this team is undefeated this season. They could've still acquired Gaines and Matthews another way, they were both on the block.

I'm optimistic about Tyrod's chances the next two weeks against the Bucs and Raiders. We'll see what happens. Besides Shady, his top targets will be Zay Jones (approaching a record number of drops already), Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas, and Andre Holmes. If we're lucky, an injured Jordan Matthews will be out there, too.

But damn, what could've been, if they'd kept Sammy and used a scheme that let Tyrod be Tyrod, basically Mike Vick Jr., and use more rollouts, bootlegs, options -- get Tyrod out of the pocket more with a threat to run, with Sammy deep and Shady with a short/mid route... that would be a tough attack to defend.

YOu are making an assumption that Sammy would have been injury free, available and played every snap so far. That is a big assumption!

So, Taylor did several things today he's criticized for that he supposedly never does, which seems to kinda reinforce that maybe Taylor's actually (*gasp*) getting better:

Taylor carried the team. Not only did he win by passing for 30+ yards, but Taylor accounted for 60% of the touches and 72.4% of the yards through the air and on the ground.

Keep the offense on the field. Taylor himself was 9/16 (60%) with 1 TD on 3rd downs.

Bring a team back in the 4th quarter when down by 4+ points.

Lead a GWD. Clutch throws to Thompson and Z Jones for the tie and then T Jones doing the YAC to clinch it.

Let's just say this was a down game for our D. I hope it was. Playoff fodder we might not be :flirt:

Now prove you can do it again against Oakland and people will have less to :censored: about.

We are 4-2 w/o Sammy. Give it up already!!!

aww.. you miss me. how sweet.

:)

If 2009 thinks Foxx is afraid to post

See last post.

Tyrod played just well enough to win. i guess that is all one can expect. i do know though that 3 points on 3 turnovers is simply not enough. that gaff at the end of the first half is inexcuasable. a pass to pick up 4 yards? nah, if anything it should have been to the endzone.

Edited by Foxx

Tyrod played just well enough to win. i guess that is all one can expect. i do know though that 3 points on 3 turnovers is simply not enough. that gaff at the end of the first half is inexcuasable. a pass to pick up 4 yards? nah, if anything it should have been to the endzone.

or just take the FG and collect the 3 points. follow it up with a squib kick

We missed a kick on one. The end of half was the call and McD took the blame for it. There were no routes to the endzone. The only thing Taylor could have done was snap the ball and throw it away.

they could/should learn from it. McD took the credit for the clock mismanagement. he is a rookie HC who seems to build on mistakes and has the team behind him that could and has so far led to a winning formula sitting at 4-2. TT for at least this game, silenced the (some) doubters with a 4th qtr comeback which to be honest, I even had doubt it would happen.

one game at a time, on to oakland.

can you dig it Foxx

XRushX has been here and about and spoke quite positivly. your buddy Crusher has been banned. Foxx is a good guy who just wants the best for the team, mainly the QB position, can you blame him?

calling some out just to basically stir the pot?

they could/should learn from it. McD took the credit for the clock mismanagement. he is a rookie HC who seems to build on mistakes and has the team behind him that could and has so far led to a winning formula sitting at 4-2. TT for at least this game, silenced the (some) doubters with a 4th qtr comeback which to be honest, I even had doubt it would happen.

one game at a time, on to oakland.

can you dig it Foxx

valid top to bottom assessment.....and McD taking the blame for clock management is a stand up guy IMO.....I sure as hell had my doubts about the comeback in the 4th, but they are the only undefeated team at home....reminiscent of this being a hated barn to play in yesteryear.......

valid top to bottom assessment.....and McD taking the blame for clock management is a stand up guy IMO.....I sure as hell had my doubts about the comeback in the 4th, but they are the only undefeated team at home....reminiscent of this being a hated barn to play in yesteryear.......

thank you brother.

Deshaun Watson is ranked 29th in pass attempts, Tyrod Taylor is ranked 30th.

Deshaun Watson has 15 TD's and 7 INT's.

Tyrod Taylor has 7 TDs and 2 INT's.

That should tell you all you need to know about Tyrod's skillset.

That tells me Tyrod isn't #1 in the NFL in TD%. Watson is.

QB's behind Tyrod in TD%, if you want to hang your hat on that:

Cam Newton

Jay Cutler

Eli Manning

Trevor Siemian

Ben Roethlisberger

Carson Palmer

Matt Ryan

Case Keenum

Marcus Mariota

Joe Flacco

I'd list the QBs behind Tyrod in INT%, but he's 4th in the league (Watson's 23rd).

Five posts. Why do I have the feeling you have been here before.

I'm a Ravens fan and I am embarrassed watching ex players Tyrod Taylor and Deonte Thompson balling for the Bills and we are looking like bums with Joe Flacco

It does?