Tracking the receivers

bigbill

Combined Record of teams with said former Bills WR's: 6-9

The team record is irrelevant, I could live with letting Hogan and Goodwin go but we needed to keep Woods and Watkins. And with all these injuries we're seeing why. Tate is now our #1 wr. Let that sink in. Our punt returner is now Tyrod's #1 guy. Wow?

The team record is irrelevant, I could live with letting Hogan and Goodwin go but we needed to keep Woods and Watkins. And with all these injuries we're seeing why. Tate is now our #1 wr. Let that sink in. Our punt returner is now Tyrod's #1 guy. Wow?

Watkins has what, 1 catch in the last 2 weeks? Getting outplayed by a rookie and robert woods? Sorry Im not too busted up about losing him. Hes had 1 good game (which he left early because he got hurt again.)

in the NFL, the team record is all that matters. Bills are thin at WR, yes, just as other teams are thin in other areas due to injury. Welcome to life in the NFL.

4getting Watkins for a minute, if we still had and any combination of Hogan, Goodwin, and Woods we would def be 4-1 or maybe undefeated. This offense would be rolling a lot smoother, Goodwin and Hogan would push the defense back on the deeper routes opening things up for Shady on the ground and Woods in the slot. Tyrod isnt the best QB but hes a playmaker when he actually has weapons. How many over 40yd pass plays did we have 2015 and 2016? Enough to be at the top of the league in big plays for two years, look it up. Dennisons/Castillos scheme sucks for this roster. Period. Castillo with the Dennisin scheme just hit us with a Reverse Rex Ryan.

i like tate and think he can be very good. i think he's maturing quite well and could serve well as a speedy slot or home run option. he's had enough experience now to be sure handed and a good route runner. not down on him at all. whats up with streeter?

4getting Watkins for a minute, if we still had and any combination of Hogan, Goodwin, and Woods we would def be 4-1 or maybe undefeated. This offense would be rolling a lot smoother, Goodwin and Hogan would push the defense back on the deeper routes opening things up for Shady on the ground and Woods in the slot. Tyrod isnt the best QB but hes a playmaker when he actually has weapons. How many over 40yd pass plays did we have 2015 and 2016? Enough to be at the top of the league in big plays for two years, look it up. Dennisons/Castillos scheme sucks for this roster. Period. Castillo with the Dennisin scheme just hit us with a Reverse Rex Ryan.

...and it makes me nausous

I'd only we had a topic already discussing this or at least a member willing to search the first page not far down to see this very subject.

Please, as a courtesy try harder.

I'd only we had a topic already discussing this or at least a member willing to search the first page not far down to see this very subject. Right

Please, as a courtesy try harder.

i like tate and think he can be very good. i think he's maturing quite well and could serve well as a speedy slot or home run option. he's had enough experience now to be sure handed and a good route runner. not down on him at all. whats up with streeter?

Agree on Tate. I sqw it in him last year. He is a solid #4 WR with upside to be more.

Agree on Tate. I sqw it in him last year. He is a solid #4 WR with upside to be more.

Yep. Tate doesn't really fit in the discussion of the various castoffs and never-has-beens that we need to throw in at WR. He's actually proven himself to be a perfectly adequate NFL receiver. Hey, Naaman Roosevelt is playing in the CFL ... when's that season end again?

NFL Research stat of the week: Chris Hogan is the first Patriots WR with a receiving TD in four straight games since Randy Moss in Weeks 6-11, 2007 (five straight games).

I checked a couple weeks ago, and sadly the "I miss Hogan" thread is archived/closed. I really wanted to bump it up again since nothing on this board makes me laugh more than the unhinged Hogan haters vs. the Hogan fanboys. Count me as being somewhere in the middle - the rational, "better than the alternatives" camp ...

Yep. Tate doesn't really fit in the discussion of the various castoffs and never-has-beens that we need to throw in at WR. He's actually proven himself to be a perfectly adequate NFL receiver. Hey, Naaman Roosevelt is playing in the CFL ... when's that season end again?

I checked a couple weeks ago, and sadly the "I miss Hogan" thread is archived/closed. I really wanted to bump it up again since nothing on this board makes me laugh more than the unhinged Hogan haters vs. the Hogan fanboys. Count me as being somewhere in the middle - the rational, "better than the alternatives" camp ...

I've always felt like Hogan was a solid #3 growing into a solid #2 and could be had for a very reasonable contract. Hogan was underrated by Bills fans IMO. No, he isn't a #1 but he is a very reliable #2/3 and probably is better than every receiver we will put out their the next few weeks.

I've always felt like Hogan was a solid #3 growing into a solid #2 and could be had for a very reasonable contract. Hogan was underrated by Bills fans IMO. No, he isn't a #1 but he is a very reliable #2/3 and probably is better than every receiver we will put out their the next few weeks.

Agree. Hogans from the 201.

And we're 3-2

And have 2x #1, 2x#2 and 2x#3 rd draft picks in 2018 draft.

Still say we should spend one now on a quality WR if someone is willing.

The D is AFC Championship level - the O just needs one more weapon to go with Matthews, Tate, Holmes, KClay and O'leary/Thomas to be serviceable.

Pure speed guy would work.

Edited by moshermw