The Silver Lining?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wentz was able to find 3 TDs against that Carolina defense. I understand that he has more experience than Tyrod, but not that much.

Carolina held the Eagles offense to 90 yards below their season average. Two of the Eagles TD scoring drives started at the Carolina 12 and 17 yard lines. Those stats tell me Carolina's defense was still very good in this game despite the 28 points given up.

I heard some fantasy "expert" predicting yesterday that Shady was going to be the top running back in the league the rest of the season based on the opponents we face the rest of the season. I agree with this for the most part. Maybe not #1 but certainly a top 5 RB from here on out.

Boy would that be nice.

Without a doubt the offensive numbers will improve. But as another poster mentioned many of the teams left have pretty high scoring offenses too so it will be a balance of how much will our offense improve and how much will our defense be able to hang on to their top ranking?

Boy would that be nice.

Without a doubt the offensive numbers will improve. But as another poster mentioned many of the teams left have pretty high scoring offenses too so it will be a balance of how much will our offense improve and how much will our defense be able to hang on to their top ranking?

McCoy cannot get injured.

Certain species of lizards can detach their tails to escape from predators.

Whatever happened to your partner Maury?

Carolina held the Eagles offense to 90 yards below their season average. Two of the Eagles TD scoring drives started at the Carolina 12 and 17 yard lines. Those stats tell me Carolina's defense was still very good in this game despite the 28 points given up.

I didn't say they weren't good, I merely pointed out that a more experienced QB than Tyrod was able to throw for 3 TDs against them. I think if we give Tyrod time to develop he'll be fine.

IMO, it's still a bit too early in the season to hang your hat on those rankings, for several of those teams, anyways. I'm sure a few will linger around the same ranking. And playing against Buffalo obviously factors into those rankings.

I wonder how much those team rankings were aided by playing the Bills.... :bag:

20%???

Defensive ranks (ypg) of teams played through 5 games:

1.Denver

2.Cincinatti

3.Carolina

10.Atlanta

25. NY Jets

And the teams we have left to play:

32. New England

31. Indianapolis

30. Tampa Bay

29. New Orleans

27. Kansas City

25. NY Jets

24. LA Chargers

23. Oakland

8. Miami (only team in league with an offense ranked worse than ours)

The offense has to improve right? Question is how much and is it enough to get to 9 or 10 wins?

Why does the offense "have to" improve? The offense lacks NFL caliber talent at WR, at TE now that Clay is hurt, and behind Shady at RB. The OL continues to struggle, and aside from Wood and Incognito, the starters are barely NFL caliber. Vlad Ducasse as a potential right guard consitutes a black hole on the OL.

Nothing so far suggests that the HC and/or OC have any idea how to create a late twentieth century, much less twenty-first century offense, even if they had all the talent in the world. They certainly haven't demonstrated any ability to create an offense to maximize what little talent they have to work with.

Wentz was able to find 3 TDs against that Carolina defense. I understand that he has more experience than Tyrod, but not that much.

^^^

I didn't say they weren't good, I merely pointed out that a more experienced QB than Tyrod was able to throw for 3 TDs against them. I think if we give Tyrod time to develop he'll be fine.

It's not experience. It's better protection, it's better receivers, and it's surely better coaching. My guess is that if Tyrod and Carson switched places, Carson's game would go down the toilet and Tyrod would look at least as good as the 2016 version of Ryan Tannehill.

Edited by SoTier