Watkins trade, Dawkins over Glenn, Ducasse/Miller = McEgo

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still with the Ducasse hate? Was his performance really any worse than Miller?

Someone said Ducasse sucks months ago, now he sucks forever by default.

Go to the Miller out thread--I posted many all-22 cuts from Sunday.

Ducasse was awful before we signed him, and continued that level of play on Sunday.

He's bad.

still with the Ducasse hate? Was his performance really any worse than Miller?

Someone said Ducasse sucks months ago, now he sucks forever by default.

There's no way Ducasse is better than John Miller (who they should have just stuck with) or Groy (who should not be sitting on the bench).

The reason Ducasse is playing is because of this new regime and he's 'their guy', plain and simple.

Ducasse was awful before we signed him, and continued that level of play on Sunday.

He's bad.

not saying he's good. just that he's not much different than Miller.

There's no way Ducasse is better than John Miller (who they should have just stuck with) or Groy (who should not be sitting on the bench).

The reason Ducasse is playing is because of this new regime and he's 'their guy', plain and simple.

There's a little more to it than "he's their guy". if he is their guy, he's their guy for a reason not just because they say so.

He's bad.

not saying he's good. just that he's not much different than Miller.

There's a little more to it than "he's their guy". if he is their guy, he's their guy for a reason not just because they say so.

Miller was fine last year; Ducasse has never played well in his career.

According to PFF, Ducasse was the second-best OLinemen and the sixth best graded player of the 16 players on offense who had snaps on Sunday.

Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn said he was the third best OLinemen out there.

Miller had been a bottom 5 player for us every week this season.

If the Bengals game is any indication, Ducasse is an upgrade over Miller, sadly.

post-17182-0-53800200-1507837350.jpg

post-17182-0-53800200-1507837350_thumb.jpg

According to PFF, Ducasse was the second-best OLinemen and the sixth best graded player of the 16 players on offense who had snaps on Sunday.

Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn said he was the third best OLinemen out there.

Miller had been a bottom 5 player for us every week this season.

If the Bengals game is any indication, Ducasse is an upgrade over Miller, sadly.

post-17182-0-53800200-1507837350.jpg

Congrats to PFF and Joe B...he was atrocious.

Both are replacement level players, Miller doesn't work in this system and Ducasse is bottom of the barrel. Translation we need to replace them both...that is what guards ranked between 60-70 are in this league...replacement level players.

Then the issue is the system, because if a guy can go from a solid starter to replaced by one of the worst OLmen in the NFL, then your system is flawed.

Don't place so much emphasis on Xs and Os and teams catching up to what you are doing tactically.

NE has done the same crap on offense forever and it still works. Why? Because of execution.

Clever scheming is not nearly as important as simple execution in the NFL.

If you have "your guys" in the lineup who you can trust to execute as they are supposed to, consistently, without taking plays off or making dumb mistakes, you can do a lot of winning in the NFL.

Don't place so much emphasis on Xs and Os and teams catching up to what you are doing tactically.

NE has done the same crap on offense forever and it still works. Why? Because of execution.

Clever scheming is not nearly as important as simple execution in the NFL.

If you have "your guys" in the lineup who you can trust to execute as they are supposed to, consistently, without taking plays off or making dumb mistakes, you can do a lot of winning in the NFL.

As I understand it, that's exactly what the OP was saying when he said "As Chip Kelly found out......teams adjust to your X's and O's........and then it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's and if you can't win matchups you will start losing games."

Then the issue is the system, because if a guy can go from a solid starter to replaced by one of the worst OLmen in the NFL, then your system is flawed.

I agree with that...one of the things that really frustrates me about the NFL is the lack of adaptation coaching staffs exhibit......it is one thing when you have the culture in place already and are searching out like pieces to replace old pieces....it is quite another to do what the Bills have done with having to constantly replace guys who worked for them with guys the new coaching staffs needed to have...3-4 to 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3 ...we need a nose guard..no we don't...we need linebackers who can run and cover... we need man coverage guys..no we need corners who can tackle....I still believe that the best organizations are adaptable to what they have....with perhaps an eye towards what you'd like to be.

...EXACTLY......why change the "system"?...the OL was coming together nicely last year.....yet the magnanimous "system " change occurs under the "expert" tutelage of Castillo (sorry I thought it was Costello as in Abbott's partner) and the running game has taken a bigger dive than Train Wreck's defense....makes perfect sense.............

I mean, truly, I think a lot of people are over complicating the though process to normalize a strange situation.

There is not one person on this board that would jumped up with a resounding "HIRE THIS MAN NOW" if after his interview with terry he came out and said:

"yea, interview went well!! Outlined a plan to trade Darby, Sammy, bench dareus and cordy (and cut kujo in may) only bring back Zo of the free agents, sign 2 FBs

It's a bold set of moves (especially if cordy is on the bad side now). Out of the top 10 players on last year's roster, a lot are very quickly gone or marginalized. You have to believe a roster that was more or less .500 with Rex at the helm was actually awful to justify ALL of the moves together

Miller was HORRIBLE in pass protection last season. He's not good. Ducasse is terrible too. It does seem like almost every Nfl team has one atrocious lineman (i do realize that there are a couple of exceptions).

...EXACTLY......why change the "system"?...the OL was coming together nicely last year.....yet the magnanimous "system " change occurs under the "expert" tutelage of Castillo (sorry I thought it was Costello as in Abbott's partner) and the running game has taken a bigger dive than Train Wreck's defense....makes perfect sense.............

While I agree the OL played better last year than this, I don't think it has as much to do with the system as it does our opponents. The D we've played thus far have been very good. Last year we had some really inflated numbers against teams like SF, Rams, Browns, Raiders, etc. We were held to less than 70 yds rushing in 25% of our games. TT had almost 600 yds "rushing" (more a reflection of poor pass blocking and QB play than our ability to run the football). Our OL hasn't been very good for years and is a big reason we haven't been successful. We've struggled against big aggressive DLs as our OL are pretty soft (RI excluded). Without a top 10 QB and with a mediocre OL at best and a dearth of talent at WR we aren't going very far again this year.

I don't IMHO see an ego thing but rather FO recognizing the "talent" we have won't get us back to the SB. While we aren't tanking, we are rebuilding. Shedding overpriced marginal talent or me first team second guys with poor attitudes makes sense to me.