SNF: Chiefs at Texans

YoloinOhio

No question Blount isnt better than Shady but he's better than what they had last year. Their run game is 10th in YPA right now, ours is 28th. Last year Philly was 18th. Matthews went from their #1 to their #4 in one offseason. Matthews got more production than Alshon Jeffrey is on pace for only because Matthews was all they had. They have a complementary offense this year and a really good offensive line and they can run the ball. I definitely won't crown Wentz as a budding star. People did that with Bortles too. He still sails too many passes. He's got a better chance than I gave credit for last year though.

They didn't have just Matthews. They also had the player from the play above that you linked.

Weird how they got good recievers, a good line, and running game, with a solid defense. I thought you couldn't build a team if you traded up to picks 1 or 2 for a QB?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They didn't have just Matthews. They also had the player from the play above that you linked.

Weird how they got good recievers, a good line, and running game, with a solid defense. I thought you couldn't build a team if you traded up to picks 1 or 2 for a QB?

Or how maybe, just maybe, a good quarterback can make an offensive line and wideouts better?

I'm going to assume you'd rather have Taylor than Wentz?

Not at all. On age and rookie deal alone I'd take Wentz. But if you think he's going to be a consistent top 5 QB I think you're way off. Like most QBs Wentz needs a good team around him. I just don't believe he'd have a better record than we do if he was here but that's really speculative. Sometimes I use the eye test too ;)

Or how maybe, just maybe, a good quarterback can make an offensive line and wideouts better?

His offensive line and defense were already good last year. Wentz has all kinds of time in the pocket. They added 3 offensive weapons AND Wentz has been playing better than he did last year. Both things can be true.

The Eagles team right now is built on free agents and old draft picks. What they lost by trading up wouldn't show yet.

Wentz is awesome. Everyone thinks this right ?

I do, but I don't know anything ;)

I think he is well on the way to being awesome. He is a very good young Quarterback 5 games into his 2nd year. I don't mind saying other teams have good young Quarterbacks that look set for a number of years. I don't feel that is somehow disloyal to Buffalo.

I recall a conversation where you were not to fond of him :P

I recall a conversation where you were not to fond of him :P

I had a first on Wentz coming out as I did on Goff but I didn't buy in to the Mike Mayock "better than Jameis and Mariota" rhetoric.

I said in the pre-season that I dug back into both Wentz's tape and Goff's tape from their rookie years. What I found was they were much closer than I expected them to be. There was more bad on Wentz's tape than I expected and more good on Goff's than I expected. Wentz still had the better rookie year but I wasn't ready to crown him or write off Goff.

I might be one of about 3 people in the world who isn't surprised that Goff has looked much improved this year but absolutely Wentz has looked better as well. A step taken, no doubt.

While I understand why Happy Days keeps going back to the stats and they certainly have a place... the only way to properly evaluate Quarterbacks for me, more than almost any other position, is to watch them play. Watch the tape, watch them throw, try and work out their progressions.

Just think the Browns had an opportunity to draft Wentz and instead traded the pick for multiple picks.

And this is where moneyball falls flat. In the past two drafts the Browns have traded out of the spots where Carson Wentz and then Deshaun Watson have been picked. Crazy for a team with no Quarterback.

It is like Badol always says.. even if those 4 first rounders all have great careers with the Browns they would play maybe 8 years. If you hit on Wentz or Watson you are set at the most important position on the field for the next 10-15 years. When you don't have a Franchise QB and good prospects are there for you.... you simply have to pick them

Cian Fahey breaks down Deshaun Watson's 1st half:

https://twitter.com/cianaf/status/917838503983091712

Spoiler alert: he was really bad.

He had a slow first half. Sure. It happens. Start number 4. Look how the kid responded.

Fahey hammered Watson all spring - compared him to Manziel. If Watson succeeds his reputation suffers. Hell he said he would draft DeShone Kizer before him.

Expect this all season long and Deshaun will keep balling.

He had a slow first half. Sure. It happens. Start number 4. Look how the kid responded.

Fahey hammered Watson all spring - compared him to Manziel. If Watson succeeds his reputation suffers. Hell he said he would draft DeShone Kizer before him.

I know you are a Watson guy, wouldn't it be something that Billy O finally finds a QB and now his defense takes a few big injuries. They have no luck down there.

Good point. Have to remember the context. He's a rookie. He will have struggles. How he responds to the adversity is a huge thing. Anyone comparing Watson to Manziel loses a lot in the credibility department. Watson clearly has the temperament to be a leader and play in the NFL at the all important QB position. Has plenty of talent as well.

I know you are a Watson guy, wouldn't it be something that Billy O finally finds a QB and now his defense takes a few big injuries. They have no luck down there.

Haha. I think that is exactly what is going to happen. And Deshaun will have moments, he will have bad throws, bad series... he isn't perfect and the Texans are going to need him to do a lot now with defenders falling like flies. But a kid who plays his best when the stakes are high and never plays scared is what you want.

Anyone comparing Watson to Manziel loses a lot in the credibility department. Watson clearly has the temperament to be a leader and play in the NFL at the all important QB position. Has plenty of talent as well.

To be fair to Fahey he was purely talking game not personality or make up. I still think it was a ridiculous comparison mind you. Edited by GunnerBill

In garbage time? He responded by chucking it up to Deandre Hopkins in double coverage. This:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/917876417135865856/photo/1

can't happen if he's on the Bills offense. He got drafted by a team already in the playoffs last year despite awful QB play. He's surrounded by talent and it's masking his deficiencies right now. That won't last. Eventually his poor ball placement and willingness to throw into a sea of defenders is going to catch up to him in the stats column. That's what I meant when I said he will regress to his mean by the end of the season.

In garbage time? He responded by chucking it up to Deandre Hopkins in double coverage. This:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/917876417135865856/photo/1

can't happen if he's on the Bills offense. He got drafted by a team already in the playoffs last year despite awful QB play. He's surrounded by talent and it's masking his deficiencies right now. That won't last. Eventually his poor ball placement and willingness to throw into a sea of defenders is going to catch up to him in the stats column. That's what I meant when I said he will regress to his mean by the end of the season.

That one was a garbage time throw. The two earlier bombs were not. But his willingness to throw it in none perfect situations is one of his strengths. Let me tell you how you don't win in this league.... holding the ball and playing kitty football.

Keep digging out Deshaun. He is gonna win a lot of football games. I don't buy the ball placement crap either. His ball placement is more than good enough. Beyond 4 guys there are very few perfect ball placers in the NFL, but they get it done.

Edited by GunnerBill