Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Correct John. But my point was he best wasn't good enough. Nor does it make an excuse for only having 2 great games a season.

Let's work this out amicably, shall we? Taylor, as you know, already has three good games this year. I might stretch a point and call Denver "great", given 20-26, 77%, 213 yds, 8.2 yards per attempt, and a passing ranting of 126.0 ain't chopped liver, but we all know there are people so lackbrain they think "great" only means lots & lots & lots of attempts. Just let it slide.

So say Taylor has another seven good games and we boost his "great" games up to three. Throwing to punt returners, back-up tight ends, and a head-case, mind you, but who does more with less? We'll save one game for another clunker, and the first round playoff game can be good or great as the whim bites.

So how about those numbers?

Edited by grb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to have someone to throw it to Shady.....

I thought last year's targets were bad...this year our running game is anemic...our replacement for woods forgot how to catch.....his top deep threat is a TE who is hurt....and Mathews broke his finger

Gotta take it ALL into consideration......when you are qb not named brady this is gonna be a tough deal

While correct you cant say that all of receivers suck. If so the the GM did a horrible job.

TTs faults outweigh ****ty receivers. Jmo

Let's work this out amicably, shall we? Taylor, as you know, already has three good games this year. I might stretch a point and call Denver "great", given 20-26, 77%, 213 yds, 8.2 yards per attempt, and a passing ranting of 126.0 ain't chopped liver, but we all know there are people so lackbrain they think "great" only means lots & lots & lots of attempts. Just let it slide.

So say Taylor has another seven good games and we boost his "great" games up to three. Throwing to punt returners, back-up tight ends, and a head-case, mind you, but who does more with less? We'll save one game for another clunker, and the first round playoff game can be good or great as the whim bites.

So how about those numbers?

Define good game. Because a good game to th Champions for Taylor is not a good game for those who think hes got a lot to prove.

As to amicably. I try to be amicable most of the time.

People just read my posts with the wrong tone.

I beg to differ. And I challenge you to prove me wrong. I already gave 2/4.

Gugny. C'mon man. You can't be serious with this, can you?

So Taylor has been bad in 30 out of the 34 starts he's had in Buffalo?

That's actually what you think?

This doesn't even warrant any effort into trying to prove you wrong because it's just stupid. And I really hope I'm misreading what you said.

While correct you cant say that all of receivers suck. If so the the GM did a horrible job.

TTs faults outweigh ****ty receivers. Jmo

Define good game. Because a good game to th Champions for Taylor is not a good game for those who think hes got a lot to prove.

As to amicably. I try to be amicable most of the time.

Im sorry Shady but that is simply not true.....there is a very limited list of QBs in the NFL that do well when most of their top targets are out.....

Frankly....TT has been overperforming except fr the last game

I read your posts with my best James Earl Jones voice - adding a touch of Laurence Olivier erudition on the side.

Damn things can still get problematic at times........

And yet, w/ Watkins & Woods to throw to : Fifteen games of : 63.6%. 8.25 ypa. 27 tds. 6 int.

Some faults, huh?

Explain 2015 KC and 2016 Oakland

Sammy was 100% healthy and yet somehow he was totally forgotten in the 2nd half.

Im sorry Shady but that is simply not true.....there is a very limited list of QBs in the NFL that do well when most of their top targets are out.....

Frankly....TT has been overperforming except fr the last game

Anticipation and Throwing your guy open. Not holding the ball too long waiting for the guy to be wide open. ( Is it a lack of confidence? )

Arent those keys to a quality quarterback?

I am well aware that all QBS have bad games, but they are normally few and far between and not the majority of the time.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Is it time again? Oh heck; why not :

No one can say Watkins and Woods were close to being a premier pair of receivers in the NFL. They were decent - even good - but not anything exceptionally special.

But yet in the (15) games where both Watkins and Woods played, Taylor had : 63.6% completions, 8.25 yards per attempt, 27 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions.

So you see the problem, right? Poor Mr. Taylor supposedly can't do anything right - not even the most basic quarterbacking skills - but just give him a medium-grade pair of targets, and suddenly it seems he can do pretty damn right after all. Kinda makes you think, huh?

At the time, Taylor was running the best system possible for a running quarterback with limited passing skills.

In fact, Roman's system that he installed in Buffalo may be the only NFL offensive system that could result in adequate production with a passing-challenged quarterback like Taylor.

This season has been a bit of a perfect storm: the Shanahan system that is the foundation of what Dennison does requires an NFL quarterback that can pass the ball well. That combined with an offensive line taking time acclimating to a new blocking scheme, a slight downgrade at receiver, and the development of Taylor as a pocket passer (no read-option) has resulted in an offense that has fallen from #10 in DVOA efficiency in 2016 to a current ranking of 23rd (rushing offense from #1 to #28).

Sammy was 100% healthy and yet somehow he was totally forgotten in the 2nd half.

Anticipation and Throwing your guy open. Not holding the ball too long waiting for the guy to be wide open. ( Is it a lack of confidence? )

I am well aware that all QBS have bad games, but they are normally fee and far between and not the majority of the time.

It's no use. You'll never get anywhere with the Box Score Warriors.

Tyrod's biggest strength is putting up stats that don't win games, but make him look like a very good QB. It's like magic.

I am well aware that all QBS have bad games, but they are normally fee and far between and not the majority of the time.

Can you identify all of Taylor's bad games, please? You, much like Gugny are head-scratchingly asserting that the majority of Taylor's games are bad games. Gugny went so far as to say 30 of Taylor's 34 games are bad.

So, name them so we can talk it out.

Or is this another one of your weird "figures of speech" things like when you claimed something about 3rd down % by throwing out an actual number that was way off base?

Tyrod's biggest strength is putting up stats that don't win games, but make him look like a very good QB. It's like magic.

You claim that there are only 30 out of Taylor's remaining 32 games leftover were bad games after you've eliminated the good games against the Seahawks and Dolphins.

So the following you would consider bad games?

​Indy Win

@Mia Win

@Ten Win

Mia Win

Hou Win

Dal Win

NYJ Win

​@NE Win

@LA Win

SF Win

Jax Win

Cle Win

​NYJ Win

Den Win

@Atl Win

So you're arguing that 13 of those 15 games are bad games. In order to figure out those 13, why don't you tell us all which of those 15 are his 2 good games?

You don't get it, do you? Here, let me give you a hint : I'm describing Taylor's record over a virtual season of games. Despite all those "faults" that make the quality of his receivers irrelevant, Taylor performed well above average when given just decent targets. I don't know where you'd rate Watkins & Woods as a receiver pair, but a hell of a lot of teams would surely rank higher. Didn't matter. With just a solid set of receivers to throw to, Taylor did fine over fifteen games. That's what's called a solid case.

You wanna know a weak case? That would be if I picked out two games in two years and tried to build an argument from that. You see, that would be embarrassing.

But not totally humiliating. Nah, we reserve that for people who can't do better than "numbers don't count" Special Tyrod Exception arguments. There are so many variants of this lame-o-crap it's hard to keep track. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor was in a super special offensive system. Numbers Don't Count because they were all in garbage time. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor didn't throw often enough. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor didn't win enough. Numbers Don't Count because they were all against bad teams. Numbers Don't Count because ..... wait for it .... Taylor didn't pass their "eye test".

You can almost smell the desperation in all that nonsense, can't you?

Edited by grb

I'm going to point out the fact that there are rules against crusades on this board. This thread feels like the perfect example of this rule. OP literally makes this argument in every thread he posts in.

and he has 3 of his own threads disguised as "start Peterman" on the front page.

So BFF? (Buffalo Fan Fiction)

Passing efficiently is not, I repeat not passing effectively.

You don't get it, do you? Here, let me give you a hint : I'm describing Taylor's record over a virtual season of games. Despite all those "faults" that make the quality of his receivers irrelevant, Taylor performed well above average when given just decent targets. I don't know where you'd rate Watkins & Woods as a receiver pair, but a hell of a lot of teams would surely rank higher. Didn't matter. With just a solid set of receivers to throw to, Taylor did fine over fifteen games. That's what's called a solid case.

You wanna know a weak case? That would be if I picked out two games in two years and tried to build an argument from that. You see, that would be embarrassing.

But not totally humiliating. Nah, we reserve that for people who can't do better than "numbers don't count" Special Tyrod Exception arguments. There are so many variants of this lame-o-crap it's hard to keep track. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor was in a super special offensive system. Numbers Don't Count because they were all in garbage time. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor didn't throw often enough. Numbers Don't Count because Taylor didn't win enough. Numbers Don't Count because they were all against bad teams. Numbers Don't Count because ..... wait for it .... Taylor didn't pass their "eye test".

You can almost smell the desperation in all that nonsense, can't you?

re bold - see last post

virtual season? Virtual .... BFF.

The desperation I smell is the Champions for Taylor thinking he's more than what he is. There is your virtual Taylor.

Can Taylor do enough to win games. Yes.

Can Taylor do enough to not win games. Yes.