Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should do our homework before criticizing women reporters.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article177107336.html

I'm not saying all women reporters are like this, but this girl seems to be legit. Actually, loves football and tries to digest as much as possible.

We sit here and praise the guys who watch the all-22 and give a breakdown. They all claim to not be coaches, yet we take their word for what they see. She never claimed to be a coach. She asked a question about routes and he blew her off like she didn't know anything because he thinks any women in sports doesn't know ****. While that might be the case with some, it ain't with all.

Then why did she call Brandin Cooks Brady's 'favorite receiver so far' in that video segment when Hogan is leading him in receptions, targets, red zone targets, and TDs?

she thinks it's funny that lacrosse players can run routes?

My point is that Newton's stupid comment toward this reporter doesn't put her work beyond reproach, as is seemingly being suggested now. IMO rushing to validate the career of this woman in response to Newton's comment, without subjecting her professional work to proper scrutiny, is as misogynistic as Newton's original comment.

Feminist men coming in here to stand up for this chick are the reason why vaginas go dry. I bet she would let Cam bang before any of you feminists men could. Yall go to those feminists protest hoping the women will fall in love with you but they dont. Women like a-hole men because a-hole men know how to bang a woman real good. Feminists men cant even attract gay men because they view you as weak too.

Wow! You're level of insecurity is so intense that you've decided that the only way you can attract a woman is to be an a-hole. You're one broken dude. Good luck with your next restraining order(s).

My point is that Newton's stupid comment toward this reporter doesn't put her work beyond reproach, as is seemingly being suggested now. IMO rushing to validate the career of this woman in response to Newton's comment, without subjecting her professional work to proper scrutiny, is as misogynistic as Newton's original comment.

yeah I was just making a dumb joke

Because your a funny guy

I swear to christ I see more "10" women with ugly looking guys but they are funny as hell.

!@#$. Don't call me ugly

I have no idea how I do it. But I nearly pulled a married milf 8.5/10, 46 yr old from Atlanta sitting in front of Kirby and I. I didn't press it but could have.

Great point. I love this trend in society where we basically force people to apologize for making dumb remarks. What does a forced apology prove? It doesn't change who that person is, or what they believe. Why do people give in to public pressure to apologize? I've been known to make stupid remarks from time to time. If I were a public figure, I'm sure I'd get called out for something. The difference is that I wouldn't retract the statement. I might explain why I made the statement, and its true intent, but I wouldn't take it back. Taking ones words back proves nothing. Especially when those words are indicative of ones personality. You can't change who Cam Newton is, take it or leave it.

People are not born sexist. They learn it from their peers.

Every time comments like the one Cam made are just passed off as no big deal, that just reinforces sexist culture. Why was it sexist? Because he held this female reporter to a different standard than her fellow male reporters.

The only way to become less sexist as a culture is to frown upon it and denounce it in every form and at every turn. Anything less is just disrespect to our own wives and daughters. It is common knowledge that women generally have to overachieve to be considered "equal" in male-dominated professions. That alone is proof positive that we still have a long way to go in regards to sexism.

If this is what it takes to offend people these days, we're in a bad spot. I'm not a Cam Newton fan, but for Christ sakes, how many women do you personally know who are serious football aficionados. He wasn't being spiteful. It was an off the cuff comment that happens when you have to answer the same questions in a public forum week in and week out.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I don't mind women in sports.

But let's be real. They find hot chicks. They teach them what they need to know. They coach them on what to say. And, because they are professionals, they learn.

I would bet my son's life on the fact that ZERO of the women on TV for football, were football enthusiasts growing up. They're entertainers and they've learned their parts.

They don't know schit about running routes and Cam Newton knows it.

Should he have said it? Perhaps not. Perhaps so.

I applaud him, personally.

+1

victim blaming. Cute.

Omg I didn't know Cam assaulted her. Is she ok???? Edited by mob16151

So... I'm not very good at this intersectionality stuff. Can someone please tell me if I'm supposed to be outraged at the black male who made the sexist comment or the white female who made the racist comment?

triggered

Feminist men coming in here to stand up for this chick are the reason why vaginas go dry. I bet she would let Cam bang before any of you feminists men could. Yall go to those feminists protest hoping the women will fall in love with you but they dont. Women like a-hole men because a-hole men know how to bang a woman real good. Feminists men cant even attract gay men because they view you as weak too.

Ohhhh, we've got some Red Pill up in here!!!

School us with your game theory, bro.