NFL.com: Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index

Tyrod was 20-26 for 213 yards against DEN with 2 TDs with 8 carries for 13 yards. Against ATL he was 12-20 for 182 yards and 1 TD with 7 carries for 12 yards. Were his RB skills a key in either game? Again, this is nonsense.

and both games we relied on 50+ yard FGs to win, something you can't count on in December. 3 TDs in 2 games in not good enough to consistently win in today's NFL

Tyrod plays a game that bolsters his passer rating. Holding the ball and taking sacks isn't factored in. 3 and outs are not factored in.

Yes, he makes some great throws, but an equal amount of true head-scratchers. The games when he is most effective, it is his RB skills that make the difference.

I am not trying to beat down tyrod, he has done fine for what he is, but lets not pretend he is actually in the top 10 of QBs.

I still think we can win with him, but he will never carry the team, do it on his own, or scare teams with his pocket passing. If you keep him in the pocket, he is very very average.

This is what all the critics have always maintained.

It's Trent Edwards ball so to speak and that's what Taylor is if you took away his mobility.

And I get that we are lacking weapons in the passing game but sometimes throwing the ball downfield can simply make things happen (i.e. pass interference) and open up the offense. Either way something needs to change in a hurry or we have yet to see this offense truly hit rock bottom.

and both games we relied on 50+ yard FGs to win, something you can't count on in December. 3 TDs in 2 games in not good enough to consistently win in today's NFL

This is a completely different point that has nothing to do with refuting the assertion that Tyrod is only effective when using RB skills.

Taylor is playing smart, avoiding turnovers and doing just enough to win. The TD throw to Jordan Matthews was the real deal. Do more of that and he will persuade the persuadable.

The view that Tyrod is not a franchise qb is not equivalent to saying he is a terrible qb. He has exceeded my expectations so far this year. I hope he continues to do so, but I will still be surprised if he establishes himself as a true franchise qb.

Wake me up when he has a late 4th qtr winning drive.

You might be sleeping longer than Rip Van Winkle :rolleyes:

Not his fault you slept through the ones Tyrod's had.

Nah, never let the facts get in the way of a good joke. He needs to do better, still, imo.

It would help, of course, if his wide receiver corps wasn't so wretched.

Edited by Dr. Who

You might be sleeping longer than Rip Van Winkle :rolleyes:

Nah, never let the facts get in the way of a good joke. He needs to do better, still, imo.

No doubt. At least he has a Defense to keep him in games this year. I suspect more will come as we get healthy again (if we get behind in the first place).

Titans

1. Buffalo Bills at 09:36
  2. 4-R.Succop kicks 65 yards from TEN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-BUF 20 (9:36) 26-A.Dixon right tackle to BUF 22 for 2 yards (59-W.Woodyard).
  4. 2-8-BUF 22 (8:58) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 18-P.Harvin.
  5. 3-8-BUF 22 (8:54) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 18-P.Harvin to BUF 32 for 10 yards (29-P.Cox). PENALTY on BUF-66-S.Henderson, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 22 - No Play.
  6. 3-18-BUF 12 (8:35) (Shotgun) PENALTY on BUF-66-S.Henderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 12 - No Play.
  7. 3-23-BUF 7 (8:17) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor scrambles up the middle to BUF 31 for 24 yards (55-Z.Brown). BUF-5-T.Taylor was injured during the play. His return is Probable. PENALTY on TEN-55-Z.Brown, Horse Collar Tackle, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 31.
  8. 1-10-BUF 46 (7:58) 38-D.Herron left guard to BUF 47 for 1 yard (99-J.Casey). TEN-99-J.Casey was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
  9. 2-9-BUF 47 (7:38) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep right to 15-C.Hogan to TEN 7 for 46 yards (21-D.Searcy).
  10. Timeout #1 by BUF at 06:51.
  11. 1-7-TEN 7 (6:51) 26-A.Dixon right tackle to TEN 6 for 1 yard (91-D.Morgan; 33-M.Griffin).
  12. 2-6-TEN 6 (6:14) (Shotgun) 15-C.Hogan pass short left to 5-T.Taylor to TEN 2 for 4 yards (29-P.Cox).
  13. 3-2-TEN 2 (5:30) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 15-C.Hogan for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  14. 2-D.Carpenter extra point is GOOD, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.
  15. BUF 14 TEN 13 Plays: 8 Possession: 4:11

Texans

Bills bounce Texans, 30-21, thanks to Taylor's late TD toss

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Tyrod Taylor threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Charles Clay with 1:53 left to lead the Buffalo Bills to a 30-21 win over the Houston Texans on Sunday.

Titans

• Buffalo Bills at 09:36
  • 4-R.Succop kicks 65 yards from TEN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  • 1-10-BUF 20 (9:36) 26-A.Dixon right tackle to BUF 22 for 2 yards (59-W.Woodyard).
  • 2-8-BUF 22 (8:58) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 18-P.Harvin.
  • 3-8-BUF 22 (8:54) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 18-P.Harvin to BUF 32 for 10 yards (29-P.Cox). PENALTY on BUF-66-S.Henderson, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 22 - No Play.
  • 3-18-BUF 12 (8:35) (Shotgun) PENALTY on BUF-66-S.Henderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 12 - No Play.
  • 3-23-BUF 7 (8:17) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor scrambles up the middle to BUF 31 for 24 yards (55-Z.Brown). BUF-5-T.Taylor was injured during the play. His return is Probable. PENALTY on TEN-55-Z.Brown, Horse Collar Tackle, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 31.
  • 1-10-BUF 46 (7:58) 38-D.Herron left guard to BUF 47 for 1 yard (99-J.Casey). TEN-99-J.Casey was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
  • 2-9-BUF 47 (7:38) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep right to 15-C.Hogan to TEN 7 for 46 yards (21-D.Searcy).
  • Timeout #1 by BUF at 06:51.
  • 1-7-TEN 7 (6:51) 26-A.Dixon right tackle to TEN 6 for 1 yard (91-D.Morgan; 33-M.Griffin).
  • 2-6-TEN 6 (6:14) (Shotgun) 15-C.Hogan pass short left to 5-T.Taylor to TEN 2 for 4 yards (29-P.Cox).
  • 3-2-TEN 2 (5:30) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 15-C.Hogan for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  • 2-D.Carpenter extra point is GOOD, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.
  • BUF 14 TEN 13 Plays: 8 Possession: 4:11
Texans

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Tyrod Taylor threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Charles Clay with 1:53 left to lead the Buffalo Bills to a 30-21 win over the Houston Texans on Sunday.

Uh, well...wake me when he has three of them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Titans

Texans

Lets stop right there for a second and reflect on what was if you don't mind.

The Titans were coming into the Buffalo game after their BYE and a 1-2 record and one of those was a loss to the Browns.

The Titans were a 3 Win team in 2015 and we managed to win by 1 point 14-13. Yes, because of TT's heroics. It never should have been that close.

Texans?

The Bills were up 21 - 13 at the half, neither team scored in the 3rd QTR. The game was tied early in the 4th. All Buffalo needed was a FG to win. A TIE is not a comeback.

4 th
9:12 Texans DeAndre Hopkins 19 yard pass from Brian Hoyer (Jonathan Grimes run) 21 21
1:53 Bills Charles Clay 40 yard pass from Tyrod Taylor 21 27
0:33 Bills Dan Carpenter 36 yard field goal 21 30
Looks like the Defense stopped them and the Bills got the additional FG from it.
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The Titans were coming into Buffalo after their BYE and a 1-2 record and one of those was a loss to the Browns.

The Titans were a 3 Win team in 2015 and we managed to win by 1 point 14-13. Yes, because of TT's heroics. It never should have been that close.

Texans?

The Bills were up 21 - 13 at the half, neither team scored in the 3rd QTR. The game was tied early in the 4th. All Buffalo needed was a FG to win. A TIE is not a comeback.

4 th
9:12 Texans DeAndre Hopkins 19 yard pass from Brian Hoyer (Jonathan Grimes run) 21 21
Looks like the Defense stopped them and the Bills got the additional FG from it.

The game was in Tennessee, not Buffalo. It's a 4th quarter comeback, on the road, with no Sammy or Shady, and with Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, and Cierre Wood as your RBs. It was ugly, but there is no denying he put the team on his back that day.

The game was in Tennessee, not Buffalo. It's a 4th quarter comeback, on the road, with no Sammy or Shady, and with Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, and Cierre Wood as your RBs. It was ugly, but there is no denying he put the team on his back that day.

He did it on one leg at that after the horsecollar tackle by Zach Brown.

The Titans were coming into Buffalo after their BYE and a 1-2 record and one of those was a loss to the Browns.

Texans?

4 th

I disagree with you but let's not argue about it. Tyrod has enough negatives that people dont need to sit there and try and make excuses about why positive things that Tyrod does do aren't really positive.

He is not the worst QB in the league. Is he good enough for a superbowl. Most likely no but he is good enough to play this year and keep us afloat until they get a franchise QB.

None of us make QB decisions. To continually harp on the guy is unnecessary. The large majority of people know who he is and isnt. He gets almost no credit in wins and too much blame in losses.

fixed my poor syntax

the Bills were up 7 points gong into the 4th QTR and then it was a tie.

a come back is when you TRAIL in a game.

I disagree with you but let's not argue about it. Tyrod has enough negatives that people dont need to sit there and try and make excuses about why positive things that Tyrod does do aren't really positive.

He is not the worst QB in the league. Is he good enough for a superbowl. Most likely no but he is good enough to play this year and keep us afloat until they get a franchise QB.

None of us make QB decisions. To continually harp on the guy is unnecessary. The large majority of people know who he is and isnt. He gets almost no credit in wins and too much blame in losses.

I'm not trying to argue. I was trying to point out that imo the game against a very bad team shouldn't have needed heroics.

I did not deny that TT won that game on the last drive. just added some perspective

fixed my poor syntax

the Bills were up 7 points gong into the 4th QTR and then it was a tie.

a come back is when you TRAIL in a game.

I'm not trying to argue. I was trying to point out that imo the game against a very bad team shouldn't have needed heroics.

I did not deny that TT won that game on the last drive. just added some perspective

The Bills never led by more than one, and trailed by 10 at one point. You're adding very specific perspective and ignoring the fact that he did almost everything that he "isn't" capable of.

- 4th Quarter Comeback

- Road division game

- No Sammy or Shady

- Won without a dominant run game

Just stop. Your selective memory is bad. Move on to another topic or a different point.