Beating Bengals would be more impressive than last two.

webtoe

Cincy is the next game, so it's the most important game to us today. Kirby makes a better point, beating 3-0 Atlanta on the road is more "impressive" than beating the Bengals with their weak record. Want to talk about more "important", then we can argue about AFC vs NFC wins, because we've all been told how beating NFC teams hurts us. :) (Sarcasm, in case you've not been exposed to this line of thinking.)

Sorry. Dont agree. And just so we are clear I dont have an agenda and Im not a hater full of hateful hate. Im a bigtime Bills fan just like you. The last two weeks were great but this weekend is no slam dunk. I think Mcdermott understands that and is gonna work his a-- of to make sure the team understands that. Buffalo still has alot to prove.

Edited by Billsmovinup

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating a worse team is never more impressive than beating a better team.

I'm not saying we beat the Bengals, but no degree of eloquence or twisted logic makes the Bengals a better win. At the end of the season we could look back and say that, but not based upon what has happened so far this year.

Not a trap game.. but a tough game. Cinci is playing much better after firing their OC. We beat them at their place last season. Will be very hard to do again unless the Bills can muster more offense somehow. This is a game over the drought years that Buffalo would almost always lose. A chance to go 4-1 this would not end well. Maybe McDemott can pull out some magic here. Its been a special season so far

This is definitely a trap game.

This is a completely different offense/team with Lazor in charge. Better not sleep on Dalton.

Sorry. Dont agree. And just so we are clear I dont have an agenda and Im not a hater full of hateful hate. Im a bigtime Bills fan just like you. The last two weeks were great but this weekend is no slam dunk. I think Mcdermott understands that and is gonna work his a-- of to make sure the team understands that. Buffalo still has alot to prove.

I don't think you're a hater, but I don't get how beating the Bengals (IF we are fortunate enough to do so) could possibly be more "impressive" (from the thread title) than beating the highly touted Broncos and Falcons. It's FAR froma slam dunk, but they are not as good as the teams we just beat. Period.

I'm not saying we beat the Bengals, but no degree of eloquence or twisted logic makes the Bengals a better win. At the end of the season we could look back and say that, but not based upon what has happened so far this year.

Nothing twisted about the logic. What I described happens all the time in this league. Pretty sure Mcdermott isnt walking around saying this is a slam dunk to this team. We arent overwhelmingly talented. We have some injuries. And we just played two very intense tight games against two quality opponents. Cincy is third in the league defensively. They have an offense that is more than capable and they are at home. They also need this win to stay in the playoff race. 1-4 makes it highly unlikely theyll make the playoffs. They are gonna come out highly motivated.

Nothing twisted about the logic. What I described happens all the time in this league. Pretty sure Mcdermott isnt walking around saying this is a slam dunk to this team. We arent overwhelmingly talented. We have some injuries. And we just played two very intense tight games against two quality opponents. Cincy is third in the league defensively. They have an offense that is more than capable and they are at home. They also need this win to stay in the playoff race. 1-4 makes it highly unlikely theyll make the playoffs. They are gonna come out highly motivated.

No one is arguing all those points. I get this is a tough game. I'm going, but I'm expecting a let down. Do you get beating the highly touted Broncos with a leading defense and then the undefeated Super Bowl team on the road would be viewed by 99.9% of the population as being more "impressive" than the 1-3 Bengals?

I don't think you're a hater, but I don't get how beating the Bengals (IF we are fortunate enough to do so) could possibly be more "impressive" (from the thread title) than beating the highly touted Broncos and Falcons. It's FAR froma slam dunk, but they are not as good as the teams we just beat. Period.

1: We don't know how good the teams we just beat actually are, this season. Not yet anyway.

2: A win against the Bengals could be perceived as more impressive in the following way. When we went into Atlanta, everyone predicted we would lose, the spread was big, and no pressure was on the Bills. The more we surprise people and build an impressive record, the more each successive game becomes harder in a way.

In a lot of ways, going into Cincy with a mindset of "we should win this" and then actually doing that through good, disciplined play, on the road, against an AFC rival, with a good QB (when and if he is on his game) is a different sort of challenge than having zero expectations of victory in Atlanta, but actually winning, do to a lot of critical factors coming together in our favor on given day.

That is my 2 cents.

As an aside, there is a world of difference between being 4-1 or 3-2. It's more than just an extra win or extra loss.

If we get to 4-1, it will be really interesting to see how this team responds to greater expectations and increased pressure to win.

That will be our next challenge if we win on Sunday.

Edited by Fadingpain

This is no gimme and actually I think the Bengals win decisively. Injuries are hitting and we scored 1 touchdown and had some real fortune on our side vs Atlanta.

Luck isn't sustainable.

You make valid points... AND YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG!!! have a nice day :D :D :D

As impressive as the last two wins have been, it is altogether different to go on the road against a familiar conference opponent as a slight favorite and pull out the victory. It was not too many years ago that the Bills went to Cincinnati 'on a roll' and got their ass handed to them.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment, but get this W and I will be fully on the bandwagon.

They won on a last second field goal. Not sure if you meant they blew us out or just that they beat us.

This is definitely a trap game.

This is a completely different offense/team with Lazor in charge. Better not sleep on Dalton.

Saying they look like a completely different offense with Lazor in charge is a bit misleading too. If you look at it quickly, sure, that's the case.

But the fact is that they came out guns blazing against Green Bay. They hung 21 points in the first half, which should be expected in that scenario. A team with that much offensive talent is coming off a long rest with a new OC and executing his planned script with precision. The defense is probably seeing new wrinkles of the scheme that weren't there before on film and the offense is capitalizing. That's how it should go.

And then halftime comes and the Packers make adjustments and wouldn't you know it, the Bengals had 125 yards and 3 points for the rest of the game. Then last week, they faced the Browns.

So Tre,s TD doesn't count? Or u speaking offence only?

Losing Jordan Mathew isn't as big a loss as many may think. Would be nice if Zay could get his confidence and catch the damn ball. We trow to TE and Shady mostly Wr are being used to open the run game. Taylor made some nice throws deep?

Steven Hauscka has been money. It's nice knowing your kicker can bang out 50+ yard FG!

And to the OP Atlanta was by far the best game/road game in a long long time.

This is no gimme and actually I think the Bengals win decisively. Injuries are hitting and we scored 1 touchdown and had some real fortune on our side vs Atlanta.

Luck isn't sustainable.

Pacman can show flashes, and Gino Atkins is one of the best players in the league at his position. You shut down the Bills offense by beating up the players.

Bills give up the underneath, then can't cover AJ Green in the redzone.

Yes this could get ugly quick.