Need to bring back this running play

Virgil

There is one main rushing play that we ran a ton over the past two years. We showed it in different looks, but the basic concept was the same.

Even if the opposing team stacked the box, half of them are immediate behind the play and Shady gets three different holes to chose from as he only needs to choose and cut.

For a guy named Cut on a Dime, how more perfect could it be.

I know we have a new OC, but this play was an absolute home run for our combination of line and backs.

https://youtu.be/7zVD2JUXFyw

...so what are the mitigating factors that prevent Dennison from utilizing this if so successful?.....is the new OL scheme an impediment?.............

I think the line of thinking is that we ran an inside zone blocking scheme a lot last year and had the #1 rushing game in yards and now primarily run an outside zone blocking scheme and have the #12 rushing game in yards with only one rushing TD through 3 games. That could be statistically incorrect, but I think that's the popular belief. Hopefully it can just be chalked up to early season offensive line gelling, which would not be unusual.

I remember when we ran this play in the same game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO7GAQeNBdA

3rd and 12, TT hands it off as Williams runs to the side. Jeers from the fans at the bar for such a weak call. Oh wait... he broke it for a first... oh wait... it's a TD! It was such a funny shift in tone over a few seconds.

you rang ?

all about the blocking this season

I think the line of thinking is that we ran an inside zone blocking scheme a lot last year and had the #1 rushing game in yards and now primarily run an outside zone blocking scheme and have the #12 rushing game in yards with only one rushing TD through 3 games. That could be statistically incorrect, but I think that's the popular belief. Hopefully it can just be chalked up to early season offensive line gelling, which would not be unusual.

Roman's pin and pull. carried on via kromer by Lynn.

might be changing up to suit Tyrod and that affects the run game.