Ejections and suspensions

Dragonborn10

No helmets and no shoulder pads, they will have to tackle rugby style. Big injuries will actually be eliminated. CTE injuries will be eliminated.

I dont think they will ever do that. Oline and dline need some sort of pad. The head gear and shoulder pads would be no thicker than knee and thigh pads.

Edited by Mat68

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I agree with your post. That guy should have been ejected and suspended. But sometimes in football, you have a split second to decided something and it looks a million times worse in slow motion. Sometimes, your intent isnt to hurt a guy but you just cant stop.

I completely understamd what you are saying.

Let me apply something commonly said by MMA referees upon accidental eye gouges or accidental groin shots "You are responsible for your weapons"

True in football. It doesn't mean the player is dirty, or that he had malice aforethought, but you can't allow "benefit of the doubt" because it's a slippery slope. If it's illegal, even if an eagle scoops you up and drops you on a QB, you take the punishment.

No helmets and no shoulder pads, they will have to tackle rugby style. Big injuries will actually be eliminated. CTE injuries will be eliminated.

I remember Chuck Knox bringing this up many years ago. I think his idea was to remove facemasks, can't remember what he said about helmets, perhaps back to leather. He knew it would never happen, but made sense back then.

Edited by klos63

therefore, you should keep your head up.

I'm trying to find a way to roll this in to it being up an ass but I'm having difficulty. Brainfry. Damn it

I remember Chuck Knox bringing this up many years ago. I think his idea was to remove facemasks, can't remember what he said about helmets, perhaps back to leather. He knew it would never happen, but made sense back then.

I'd love to see the person tell a mother her son has to play peewee football or even high school football without a facemask

#thinkofthechildren

That was terrible...I literally thought he was dead from that hit...

How he didn't get an automatic ejection for that I have no idea.

Yep, me too...and then I thought back to the good ol' days of football. Do you remember the hit Bruce put on Boomer when he was a Jet? It wasn't even a play because of false-start. Pretty much ended Boomer's run and Bruce didn't get flagged.

I'm trying to find a way to roll this in to it being up an ass but I'm having difficulty. Brainfry. Damn it

I'd love to see the person tell a mother her son has to play peewee football or even high school football without a facemask

#thinkofthechildren

what they are hearing now is that if your child starts football before the age of 12, they will have a much higher risk of brain damage than if the start later. Either way, the risk is there. What would you prefer to hear?

If you eliminate helmet, pads, face mask it makes it easier for the bad players to inure other players. This is especially true in pre-season where some players are playing to just be able to make a team.

The key is the players need to have to have the restraint "I will not take chance of hurting player" even if in case of video he may get an additional yard. They need to be told that if they maliciously injure another player according to league they can lose their position, any signing bonuses will need to be repaid and can lose their benefits or those benefits can be tapped for rehabilitation of injured player as long as it takes. An example is the stomping of player by Suh.

If you eliminate helmet, pads, face mask it makes it easier for the bad players to inure other players. This is especially true in pre-season where some players are playing to just be able to make a team.

The key is the players need to have to have the restraint "I will not take chance of hurting player" even if in case of video he may get an additional yard. They need to be told that if they maliciously injure another player according to league they can lose their position, any signing bonuses will need to be repaid and can lose their benefits or those benefits can be tapped for rehabilitation of injured player as long as it takes. An example is the stomping of player by Suh.

I completely disagree. Players become human missiles with helmets and shoulder pads. Without that plastic shell casing, players don't throw their bodies around like that anymore.

You still get poked eyes and other injures which equipment protects from - the gear is not the issue, the players (a small subset) are. Should we remove the airbag from your car because you can ram someone and have airbag protect you?

When you make stupid comments like that, it hurts the credibility of the rest of your post, which may have some merit to it.

You still get poked eyes and other injures which equipment protects from - the gear is not the issue, the players (a small subset) are. Should we remove the airbag from your car because you can ram someone and have airbag protect you?

the gear is there to protect the players, not to be used as a weapon. Similar how the airbag is there to protect you defensively. Not to be using your car offensively.

I completely disagree. Players become human missiles with helmets and shoulder pads. Without that plastic shell casing, players don't throw their bodies around like that anymore.

Yup. I can relate to skating vs playing hockey. I go skating with just skates and I know I can stop fast but don't always stop as hard as I can because I don't wanna bust my ass on the ice. Once I put on all my gear, I'm usually flopping around like a fish on dry land but it doesn't hurt me so I don't care.

What makes this hit all the more dirty was that it was unnecessary to hit the player that hard because he was already in the process of being tackled. He was largely defenseless and couldn't brace himself for impact. Trevathan didn't have to do that an led with his head. I think he should definitely be suspended and fined!