I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

When are we going to talk about Tyrod never turning it over as an asset? We just rush that off but the reason his rating is so high is that he NEVER makes mistakes. He has one turnover this year and the ball was tipped. It may have been the first drive of the year. But passing yards.....

I think its brought up basically every topic so...

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we WAY underrate it. That's a QB rating over 100 in 5 of the last 7 and about 108 I think. He always gives his team a chance regardless of his garbage "weapons."

We've had this discussion ten thousand times. I believed that TT sacrificed plays on the field to play it safe with turnovers.

I think its brought up basically every topic so...

we WAY underrate it. That's a QB rating over 100 in 5 of the last 7 and about 108 I think. He always gives his team a chance regardless of his garbage "weapons."

while it may get brought up, Kirby is 100% right. I personally find myself quite frustrated with taylor becuz of his inconsistencies throwing the football but one thing is for sure. the anti-tyrod establishment hold absolutely no value in the fact that he just simply DOES NOT turn the ball over. now that the bills finally have a defense its very apparent how big of an asset that can be. VERY UNDERVALUED. totally agree, mr. Jackson.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Passing yards are overrated. Teams are loading up to stop Shady because they think Taylor can't beat them. So far, he's been proving them wrong. I did not expect this, especially with such a weak WR corps and OL. He's doing this largely on his own. Also, his awareness has improved. I think the game has finally slowed down for him. It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day at the QB position. We'll have to see how the last 12 games play out for Tyrod.

Edited by GreggTX

We've had this discussion ten thousand times. I believed that TT sacrificed plays on the field to play it safe with turnovers.

You didn't watch today clearly. Those guys are AWFUL. It was a running joke.

Wait. -Define "garbage" in this instance?

No better than bottom 3 in the league. It's McCoy and nobody.

I wasn't talking about today. I was talking about the other ten thousand times we've had this convo.

The WR had 1 catch at halftime (I think). I know that hurts your narrative but you're just wrong. It isn't up for debate. Boyst and I sat there and watched it unfold. Those guys are terrible. Edited by Kirby Jackson

a lumbering slot wr on one side and the rookie with a case of the drops on the other..... is there any doubt its a bottom 5 wr unit?

The OP used the term "weapons". -Not Wide receivers, or "wr's" as you put it...

Charles Clay accounted for 112 of of TT's 182 passing yards in today's win, and Matthews hauled in two of two for a TD...

Where's the proof that TT can do anything with a corp of all-world Wide receivers anyway?

The weapons TT has are clearly what he needs to succeed... His legs... -A reliable TE... A WR good at getting separation... A stud RB... and a DAMN-good kicker...

Oh, -and lets not forget a defense punching well above its weight.

Where's the proof that TT can do anything with a corp of all-world Wide receivers anyway?

All too easy :

• Taylor, in the 15 games that Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods played : 64% completion, 3,362 yards, +8 ypa, 26 touchdowns, 6 interceptions
  • Taylor, in the 14 games missing one of those players : 61.2% completion rate, 2,697 yards, +7 ypa, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

So apparently Taylor plays better with a legit Number One & Two receiver, just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL. So as good as he's been playing, he'd be much better still with better targets. Whoda thunk it?

Also : Countless people have already made the injuries to Falcon receivers a determining factor in their loss. Apparently even a franchise quarterback needs quality receivers.

All too easy :

• Taylor, in the 15 games that Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods played : 64% completion, 3,362 yards, +8 ypa, 26 touchdowns, 6 interceptions
  • Taylor, in the 14 games missing one of those players : 61.2% completion rate, 2,697 yards, +7 ypa, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

So apparently Taylor plays better with a legit Number One & Two receiver, just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL. So as good as he's been playing, he'd be much better still with better targets. Whoda thunk it?

Also : Countless people have already made the injuries to Falcon receivers a determining factor in their loss. Apparently even a franchise quarterback needs quality receivers.

Again that's the point. They jettisoned their best WR for no reason (and feeble attempt to tank) and now are 3-1 with an offense that through 4 weeks have under 300 yards offense.

Boy would I be more excited if we had the offensive weapons that were easily available.

I'm going to say this slow, dude.

I. Wasn't. Talking. About. Today.

Oh, that makes sense. You are electing to focus on old games because the most recent games don't tell a more accurate story? 5 of the last 7 games his QB rating has been over 100 and his weapons are terrible. We can continue to have this conversation every week but every week you're just one more week removed from the truth.

He left one play out there yesterday that I remember (had Zay AND Clay) wide open and missed. He had 1 miss last week. Everyone has those!! Ryan had more misses than TT. He "left more plays out there." You are going to have to start warming up to the idea that Tyrod will be here or find a new team. I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

As he absolutely should be. Whether he is back in the final year of his deal or on an extended deal will be determined by his play from here on in. Based on the last 2 weeks there is an argument for extending him even if you are going to draft one.